The Foreign Football Thread 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** me! What a run by Oezil. Shame he didn't score, it would have been an absolute cracker!

Last edited:
You shouldn't avoid using the very fine letter "ö". It really is a nice contribution to the alphabet once you get to know it.

But it's not on my keyboard and I don't remember the keycode for every accented letter. It's just easier and perfectly grammatically acceptable to type "oe" or "ue," with regards to umlauts, instead.

Last edited:
Conti, just wide. :(

Come on Cagliari!

Wouldn't mind that too much. Fergie is one of the best at developing players and him in a side with a playmaker as good as Scholes could be mouth watering.

Was watching Inter vs Caglari, but it was a bit boring (but then it is Inter!). So just turned it on Real Madrid who are 2 up vs Levante on the other side.

Watched a bit of the Real game, but switched over when the Frankie Gavin fight came on. He's just won and (despite his opponent being a replacement) looked good once again.

<3 this current German side.

Indeed. Playing for Madrid doesn't make a player a twat alone, I could never dislike (Brazilian) Ronaldo or Zidane.

In fact, I like Mourinho too, but it's hard to not want him to fail when since he left Porto he has just gone between all the most dislikeable teams in the respective "big 3" leagues. Next he'll probably manage Schalke and take the lot.

Last edited:
Anyway, massive match on Saturday: Dortmund vs Bayern 5:30pm on ESPN, just in time for when I get back from the Cov match. :)

If Dortmund win the title is essentially coming home to BVB. :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Dortmund won 3-1. 13 points clear, looks a cakewalk for them.

Be interesting if they can keep it up, the club has the makings to be one of the biggest in Europe and they now have a manager who firmly knows the game.

French League...five horse race for the title with Rennes going top today. Arles also continued their unbeaten run...third draw on the trot. Yann has a hernia, so may back at Leicester.

Dortmund won 3-1. 13 points clear, looks a cakewalk for them.

Be interesting if they can keep it up, the club has the makings to be one of the biggest in Europe and they now have a manager who firmly knows the game.

Hope you are right. Certainly exciting times for Dortmund indeed with such a young side and they are so fantastic to watch.

Loved Klopp's celebration for the third goal. :icon_lol: It was so arrogant and iconic, similar to that Freddie Flintoff one from the Aussie run out a couple of years back.

Barcelona beat Mallorca 3-0 away last night, which is a pretty good result considering they had a few big players missing, and that Mallorca are a decent side.

And Madrid drew 0-0 against Deportivo who have always been a bit of a bogey team for them. Means Barca have a 7 point lead at the top, though they have another big away game against Valencia on Weds, with Valdes and Puyol probably still missing.

Leverkusen beating Bremen. :icon_sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670