The future of Tommy Wright...

what do we think of Tommy Wright?

  • Definately talent... gonna be pure class

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Potential... nothing more

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep him in the squad and hope he comes good

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not gonna ever make it

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • get rid of him

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    41
Log in to stop seeing adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonfox

Well-Known Member
Given the obvious need for an added bit of youth in our squad and MA's clamour to bring down the average age of the team, what do we think will happen to Tommy Wright...
 
I personally think he has a bright future, but a player like Wright needs opportunities. He's 19, nearly 20 now and this is the perfect age to make a name for yourself. He's had some league experience now and even though his time at Brentford wasn't spectacular that doesn't mean he should be cast off, the experience will have toughened him up and after seeing his goal near the end of the season against Luton I was hugely impressed. He didn't look like a player who lacked ability or confidence and if he is given a chance and he gets off to a good start in a good team he could well be a cracking player.
 
I'm personally undecided on Wright. Next season will be make or break for him IMO. If he does well in pre-season, then that might give him the starting block for a sucessful season. I don't think he will be first choice next season, I still think the likes of Benji and Scowy will still be ahead of him in the pecking order, and that could well be his downfall.
 
Scowcroft said:
I'm personally undecided on Wright. Next season will be make or break for him IMO. If he does well in pre-season, then that might give him the starting block for a sucessful season. I don't think he will be first choice next season, I still think the likes of Benji and Scowy will still be ahead of him in the pecking order, and that could well be his downfall.

They we're ahead of him the last time we were in division one but he soon shunted them out of the way. Wright was often chosen over both of these and they were put on the wing :shock: I personally think he will get his chance, but you've got Petrescu and O'Grady who are also a year older and their chance must be around the corner after being hyped up. f*ck Benji off he's awful.
 
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
I'm personally undecided on Wright. Next season will be make or break for him IMO. If he does well in pre-season, then that might give him the starting block for a sucessful season. I don't think he will be first choice next season, I still think the likes of Benji and Scowy will still be ahead of him in the pecking order, and that could well be his downfall.

They we're ahead of him the last time we were in division one but he soon shunted them out of the way. Wright was often chosen over both of these and they were put on the wing

How many apperances did he make last time? I wouldn't use the term 'often' to describe one start and a few sub appearances. :?
 
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
I'm personally undecided on Wright. Next season will be make or break for him IMO. If he does well in pre-season, then that might give him the starting block for a sucessful season. I don't think he will be first choice next season, I still think the likes of Benji and Scowy will still be ahead of him in the pecking order, and that could well be his downfall.

They we're ahead of him the last time we were in division one but he soon shunted them out of the way. Wright was often chosen over both of these and they were put on the wing

How many apperances did he make last time? I wouldn't use the term 'often' to describe one start and a few sub appearances. :?

15
 
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
I'm personally undecided on Wright. Next season will be make or break for him IMO. If he does well in pre-season, then that might give him the starting block for a sucessful season. I don't think he will be first choice next season, I still think the likes of Benji and Scowy will still be ahead of him in the pecking order, and that could well be his downfall.

They we're ahead of him the last time we were in division one but he soon shunted them out of the way. Wright was often chosen over both of these and they were put on the wing

How many apperances did he make last time? I wouldn't use the term 'often' to describe one start and a few sub appearances. :?

15

Close.

2 starts
12 sub appearances
 
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
I'm personally undecided on Wright. Next season will be make or break for him IMO. If he does well in pre-season, then that might give him the starting block for a sucessful season. I don't think he will be first choice next season, I still think the likes of Benji and Scowy will still be ahead of him in the pecking order, and that could well be his downfall.

They we're ahead of him the last time we were in division one but he soon shunted them out of the way. Wright was often chosen over both of these and they were put on the wing

How many apperances did he make last time? I wouldn't use the term 'often' to describe one start and a few sub appearances. :?

15

Close.

2 starts
12 sub appearances

Oh my god did he only ever start two games? I retract my previous post then, I thought he started a fair few games. 2 starts, 2 goals cracking ratio :wink:
 
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
I'm personally undecided on Wright. Next season will be make or break for him IMO. If he does well in pre-season, then that might give him the starting block for a sucessful season. I don't think he will be first choice next season, I still think the likes of Benji and Scowy will still be ahead of him in the pecking order, and that could well be his downfall.

They we're ahead of him the last time we were in division one but he soon shunted them out of the way. Wright was often chosen over both of these and they were put on the wing

How many apperances did he make last time? I wouldn't use the term 'often' to describe one start and a few sub appearances. :?

15

Close.

2 starts
12 sub appearances

Oh my god did he only ever start two games? I retract my previous post then, I thought he started a fair few games. 2 starts, 2 goals cracking ratio :wink:

Even better at Brentford - 3 goals in 15 starts. :wink:
 
Malf said:
I personally think he has a bright future, but a player like Wright needs opportunities. He's 19, nearly 20 now and this is the perfect age to make a name for yourself. He's had some league experience now and even though his time at Brentford wasn't spectacular that doesn't mean he should be cast off, the experience will have toughened him up and after seeing his goal near the end of the season against Luton I was hugely impressed. He didn't look like a player who lacked ability or confidence and if he is given a chance and he gets off to a good start in a good team he could well be a cracking player.

He was shit all game and they lost 5-1. The keeper should have saved his 40 yard pot shot and if he was playing in Division onbe there is no chance it would have gone in.

I am not ready to cast hom off yet though, I haven't seen enough of him. When I have seen him he has looked way too direct and quite frankly brainless. Lets hope he develops well because we certainly need him to.

I said potential.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Log in to stop seeing adverts

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00
11Leicester00
12Liverpool00
13Manchester C  00
14Manchester U00
15Newcastle00
16Nottm F00
17Southampton00
18Tottenham 00
19West Ham00
20Wolves00
Back
Top