The Hungarian Wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was impressed with both of the Hungarian lads.

Bori had a strong debut, he didn't do anything spectacular, but what he did was good enough. He looks like he needs a bit of time to adapt over here.

Laczko was fantastic, he along with Oakley had 2 of the best debuts I've seen in a City shirt in a long time, he thoroughly deserved his standing ovation when he came off. He is the kind of player we have been crying out for for so long IMO.

Agree with all of that! :038:

Laczko was fantastic, he along with Oakley had 2 of the best debuts I've seen in a City shirt in a long time, he thoroughly deserved his standing ovation when he came off. He is the kind of player we have been crying out for for so long IMO.

When the Sheep fan at work told me on Friday that we had signed Oakley I was really pleased (he was really pi**ed by the way) as I've always thought he was a good player and just what we needed. Much better signing than Kavanagh.

Knew nothing about Laczko before last week and I didn't make the game. I gather he was rather more impressive than Josh Low. :icon_bigg

Both the Hungarian wingers were shit.

Olly said watched video of Weller and Glover and was how football should be.No pressure then to emulate the best player ive ever seen in a leicester shirt (Weller) and the talismatic winger that Glover was.And yes i am an old bastrd but memorys live forever

Appreciating Weller and Glover does not make you an old bastrd; it makes you a connoisseur.

Clemence will appreciate a real central midfielder besides him, instead of N'Gotty, Kenton etc. Things are looking better.

& even Weso... whilst he's better than those named it shows that that Weso should be a squad player - not someone to rely on for regular first team games.

wasnt at the game but listened to it on RL. barber and walsh were going on about how laczko was going to be a leicester hero. was he really good enough for me to get excited about the next game i go to or were they being OTT?

wasnt at the game but listened to it on RL. barber and walsh were going on about how laczko was going to be a leicester hero. was he really good enough for me to get excited about the next game i go to or were they being OTT?

Yes, if he plays like that in every game!

He is everything we have wanted in a left winger for years.
1) he spends most of his time outwide
2) he wants to take players on
3) he can cross the ball
4) he attempts to cross no matter what
5) he has some pace on him
6) he linked up well with Mattock on the left
7) he cuts inside and helps out else where when he he has too.
8) he is 21, with a bright future

3) he can cross the ball

But not at Leicester:icon_wink

3) he can cross the ball

you missed this one Scarby

9) Is usually in the box when it matters, and not afraid to have a go at goal

Both the Hungarian wingers were shit.

Hot.

Both impressive for me, Lackzo (spelling) seemed to cut inside much more than Bori, getting up and winning headers seemingly in the middle of the box at times - probably an instruction from Ollie as I think (from the pictures) he appears to be a tall lad.

Bori for me did a good job on the wing, seems to be a very quick thinking player and quick with his feet, although drifted in and out of the game a little.

Both impressed me, and guys, we have some decent width. Ha ha.

3) he can cross the ball

very good. proper excited about the future now. we've got one of the best central midfield pairings in the league and these wingers sound very, very promising. also, we've got strikers who can score lots of goals now. howard, fryatt, campbell and hume all have the potential to score lots of goals in this league. bring it on! :038: OLLIE'S ARMY! :038:

3) he can cross the ball

Missed an IMPORTANT point - he has TWO feet.

Umm not just height or whatever.

Missed an IMPORTANT point - he has TWO feet.

Umm not just height or whatever.

I've never been in favour of hiring wingers with one foot anyway. Dribbling becomes so difficult for them. :icon_conf

It was good to see 3 points against Covsum which is always a nice thing, it was good to see a balance team and a real midfield out there, i didnt see the team but from what i have read and heard it was a great team performance, we have a complete balance team at the moment which is really good

We need to invest in more players because between now and then end of the season players will get injured, banned, and dip out of form we need to have the right cover for them which is highly important, i dont want to come to that suitation where if one of wingers get injured we have to player a right back or left back in midfield,

The wingers have done well and made a difference both at a fairly young age, if they keep this up they will be staying here for a while, lets hope Fulop does come back and can help these two with english and the older shoulder for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00