The Hungarian Wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised to see Howard striking with both feet during the warm up.

I thought the rules had changed over the past 4 years and you were allowed only 1 left footed player and 10 right footed, 3 of which have to play on the left side?

Scored with his left too. Just in case you haven't seen it

I was surprised to see Howard striking with both feet during the warm up.

I thought the rules had changed over the past 4 years and you were allowed only 1 left footed player and 10 right footed, 3 of which have to play on the left side?

Only applies if 6 of the 10 are right backs.

Just watched the latest Lakscko/Bori clip on LCFC World. Bori now looks a lot more confident and can actually speak a few words of English, where as his first interview on there he looked like a rabbit caught in headlights, and didn't seem to be able to understand or speak a single word of English.

They are also getting English lessons as well. Why the feck didn't this seem to happen with Kaebi? After a few months he still couldn't speak much English at all, perhaps just goes to show the difference between IH and MA2?

Just watched the latest Lakscko/Bori clip on LCFC World. Bori now looks a lot more confident and can actually speak a few words of English, where as his first interview on there he looked like a rabbit caught in headlights, and didn't seem to be able to understand or speak a single word of English.

They are also getting English lessons as well. Why the feck didn't this seem to happen with Kaebi? After a few months he still couldn't speak much English at all, perhaps just goes to show the difference between IH and MA2?

Or the difference between European languages that use the same alphabet and borrow words from each other, and the languages of the middle east/orient that don't.

Or the difference between European languages that use the same alphabet and borrow words from each other, and the languages of the middle east/orient that don't.

Or the difference in attitude towards the English from 2 very different cultures

Or the fact that he's got his mate there who can speak excellent English, and is therefore clearly helping him

Or perhaps he has super language powers like the bird in the cafe that learns Japanese in the hit series 'Heroes'.

Or perhaps he has super language powers like the bird in the cafe that learns Japanese in the hit series 'Heroes'.

That's the most likely expalanation IMO

That, or Kaebi was a complete thicko

Hungarian is completely unlike any other European language, bar Estonian- the people who settled the areas came in from Asia some time after the people who settled the rest of Europe. It's much more likely that this is a combination of the club working at it (a lesson from Kaebi?), the player working at it (or maybe he's just brighter than Kaebi?), and the help of having two here to help each other along and prevent homesickness.

The Finno-Ugric languages, of which Hungarian is one, are structurally very different from the other languages in Europe. Hungarian has a reputation as being one of the most difficult languages for English people to learn (I lived there for 3 years in the 1970s, and return ever summer - but my Hungarian is still very poor!). All the reciprocal process might not be quite so difficult, I would certainly admire the efforts of a Hungarian who picks up English quickly.

....although I must admit I'm carp at languages generally!

Wow, I'm not sure about this new-found winning mentality in our club if it produces threads like this...

Hungarian is completely unlike any other European language, bar Estonian- the people who settled the areas came in from Asia some time after the people who settled the rest of Europe. It's much more likely that this is a combination of the club working at it (a lesson from Kaebi?), the player working at it (or maybe he's just brighter than Kaebi?), and the help of having two here to help each other along and prevent homesickness.

Sorry, I sent my post before seeing this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58