The Hungarian Wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to speak English to speak football.

Just listen to Barber. He's the living proof. He can do neither.

AND he holds down a job.

You don't need to speak English to speak football.

Just listen to Barber. He's the living proof. He can do neither.

AND he holds down a job.

I hear that the only reason he hold down a job is because he is sleeping with the Station Chief Editor, Larry Lamb.

"Roadkill Anderson" has a certain ring to it, I think? :mobile_ph

The problem I see with all these loan signings is the Fulop Syndrome,

If they turn out to be any good,

a. They'll either be recalled and held to ransome.

or b. When their loan period ends we will be gazumped by a club with bigger aspirations or resources.

When will we ever learn, tie up the loose ends from the start by agreeing a deal and terms, include a compensatory clause if we decide not to buy them and send them back. This way everyone's a winner, except Keane the greedy b*stard.

or b. When their loan period ends we will be gazumped by a club with bigger aspirations or resources.

When will we ever learn, tie up the loose ends from the start by agreeing a deal and terms, include a compensatory clause if we decide not to buy them and send them back. This way everyone's a winner, except Keane the greedy b*stard.

There are fixed rules in place regarding loan deals, we have no choice in the contract terms.
You can't just make it up as you go along so that we are in a better position than the actual club the player has a contract with.

Nothing about Roy Keane's behavior made me think he was a greedy bastard, more like a shrewd manager to me.

It's a shame people post when they pay little attention to what is generally known. It has been well publicised that such terms and agreements are in place with the two wingers, and should we wish to purchase them at the end and they wish to come here then they are ours for a pre-agreed fee.

Thanks for pointing that out, it may have been well publicised but as I work on a Submarine, which is based in Plymouth, I generally only get the odd snippets of news, and watered down online Rss feeds. I was not trying to make up my own rules, even with options to buy things go wrong. Sorry to darken your doorstep with my ineptitude.

I'll get me coat.

Thanks for pointing that out, it may have been well publicised but as I work on a Submarine, which is based in Plymouth, I generally only get the odd snippets of news, and watered down online Rss feeds. I was not trying to make up my own rules, even with options to buy things go wrong. Sorry to darken your doorstep with my ineptitude.

I'll get me coat.

Ignore Beighton Chapster..we all do:icon_wink

I'll get me coat.

I can only hope you've been away on a six month trip, that way you'll have managed to miss the first half of the season - it's been sh*t (just in case that hasn't filtered down to Plimuff)

Remember to read EVERY post before you venture an opinion or else.

Welcome Chapster - and initially I had exactly the same reservations - and I am not sure we're not wrong here. If either Hungarian plays to the level of, say, Zoltan Gera then we'll have to fend off hungry agents and perhaps wealthier clubs... This could lead to problems IMO.

Hopefully though, and as I have been assured on here, this won't happen. They're ours, and all they need to do is prove their worth to gain the 'elusive' contract at the end of the season.

In hindsight, I wish Craig Levein had done a bit more of this TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00