Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people having a go at Nacho again? OK, he didn't pull up any trees against Norwich; who did??? He has shown real promise in the previous outings this season. We don't have the attacking numbers to let him go and we should get behind him, not disparage him on the supporters pages!

Why are people having a go at Nacho again? OK, he didn't pull up any trees against Norwich; who did??? He has shown real promise in the previous outings this season. We don't have the attacking numbers to let him go and we should get behind him, not disparage him on the supporters pages!

Maybe so, but when Danny Ings and Andros Townsend might be available, who are we to argue ?

Are those that praised him for two decent performances not allowed to criticise him when he played abysmally?

He was an absolute embarrassment against Norwich.

Are those that praised him for two decent performances not allowed to criticise him when he played abysmally?

He was an absolute embarrassment against Norwich.
I don't think he was bad. In fact, I think he was better than Maddison, Tielemans and Soyuncu who were absolutely appalling. I won't however, jump on the 'He's a great player now' bandwagon either. Two good performances and some folk are getting just a tad carried away. We should still look to bring in a goal scorer in January and if that means shipping out Iheanacho then I'll not be too fussed about it. If he happens to get better, then great for us but let's see some consistency first before we talk about some miraculous turnaround. This need for consistency may prove the issue however because when he plays and we change the system, we may as well not bother with Tielemans in the squad as we lose his biggest qualities when having to play so narrow.

Maybe so, but when Danny Ings and Andros Townsend might be available, who are we to argue ?

I'm not entirely sure what all the dislike towards Ings is. I'm not saying he's the world's greatest striker but in his first and only full season in the PL he scored 11 goals in 35 games, in his next half-fit season he scored 7 goals in 24 and now he's fit again 9 goals in 16 which is a very good return considering how shit Southampton are. His fitness has been an issue but he's aggressive, a good finisher and still only 27 so with good fitness I'd say his best years are probably ahead.

You’re right, of course

My main concern is that Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs or Man U get in there before us

Will be touch and go, I reckon

I'm not entirely sure what all the dislike towards Ings is. I'm not saying he's the world's greatest striker but in his first and only full season in the PL he scored 11 goals in 35 games, in his next half-fit season he scored 7 goals in 24 and now he's fit again 9 goals in 16 which is a very good return considering how shit Southampton are. His fitness has been an issue but he's aggressive, a good finisher and still only 27 so with good fitness I'd say his best years are probably ahead.
You’ll get panned for it but those stats don’t lie.
The only question I have is -

what’s his xG?

Or that Derby think we do and are trying to be at the head of any queue to sign Benkovic on loan because at no where in that article is there any talk of our signings its all about Derby

Leicester City are likely to have an offer accepted for Juventus defender Daniele Rugani. - from the Mockery

Rugani is exactly the sort of profile we should target. Similar situation to Tielemans. Highly rated, huge pedigree, international, but fallen out of favour at his club for reasons largely out of his control.

Would be a super signing.

I can see us going for Ryan Fraser, he would help the depth and is out of contract in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669