Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he were that good someone better than Palace would have signed him by now.

Apparently West Ham are trying to hijack the deal. What it must be like to be Bowen to have two such prestigious clubs to choose between.

Smashing, super, great.

Update from Rob Tanner via The Athletic, although none of it too surprising:

• We want to loan out Benkovic but Morgan is undergoing tests for an illness and we haven't bought a new CB in, so it's unlikely he will go unless we sign someone
  • Vestegaard is unlikely as Saints want to keep him
  • No truth in Ben Davies rumours
  • If we do get a CB, it will most likely be a loan but nothing on the horizon right now
  • One deal that could happen is Slimani out, but there's financial implications with Monaco although since he's out of favour something might be worked out

So we’re signing cover so our cover can go out on loan. I know someone will be along in a moment to tell me it’s to give Benkovic some ‘all important game time’ but why not just stick with the player Brenda has worked with before and clearly likes? Worked alright for Soyuncu last season.

So we’re signing cover so our cover can go out on loan. I know someone will be along in a moment to tell me it’s to give Benkovic some ‘all important game time’ but why not just stick with the player Brenda has worked with before and clearly likes? Worked alright for Soyuncu last season.

Because clearly Brenda wants to do something different

Ryan Bennett seems an odd choice. I guess he has some experience at this level.

Benkovic on loan so that starts makes sense.

I don't see how loaning him to a wank Championship side gets him upto speed. Be better here playing against the numerous bags of shit in the PL

An experienced Premier League player who will be ready for first-team football when required is exactly the type of player we should be going for.. we should be looking for that type of player in a few more positions.

I don't see how loaning him to a wank Championship side gets him upto speed. Be better here playing against the numerous bags of shit in the PL

But he isn't playing here.

So better for him to go somewhere he will play.

Brendan had him as first choice centre back for a year at Celtic. If he's not playing him now and thinks the next best step in his development is to loan him out to a lower Championship club to get more game time, I trust him in that. He knows him and his ability far better than any of us. It also speaks volumes about Scottish football...

I'm happy enough with Bennett as experienced back-up to the end of the season. I said the other day we need some more experienced heads in the squad, so I think it's a good enough move.

But he's a back up here only, and only then when Morgan is injured - wed be insane to play him ahead of Evans and Cags

So he won't get any game time here at all, other than in the u23s. If we pick the right side to send him to he might be playing every week - and at a higher level than the the pub League he's previously played in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669