Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask Sunderland fans about the quality of signings on his watch. The quality of signings that set them off to their proud position in the football league today.

Ask Celtic fans if they rate him. (spoiler - they don’t)
Ah so that's the paradigm. Other fans from other clubs didn't agree with what he did so he will be a bad fit for every club no matter his position, the board, how he's backed or who the manager is. Good job we didn't get that useless **** Kane that Norwich and Leicester fans thought was shite, eh?

Who the hell wants a team and a manager who other fans from other clubs have dismissed as shit? They'll probably go on to win the league or summat.

Don't talk nonsense.

No he didn't. Remember Rudkin was in total charge (or was that only when it suited some)
Puel certainly had a big influence, every manager does, its basically a 3 man panel of DoF, Manager & Head of Recruitment.

John Percy says Benkovic to Bristol City is done, Bennett deal must be basically done as well then

Ah so that's the paradigm. Other fans from other clubs didn't agree with what he did so he will be a bad fit for every club no matter his position, the board, how he's backed or who the manager is. Good job we didn't get that useless **** Kane that Norwich and Leicester fans thought was shite, eh?

Who the hell wants a team and a manager who other fans from other clubs have dismissed as shit? They'll probably go on to win the league or summat.

Don't talk nonsense.
No. It doesn’t matter a jot what fans think. Success counts and success speaks for itself. His players by and large at his last two clubs have been quite special (in the wrong kind of way).

Easy to blame Congerton for the signings at Sunderland and Celtic, we don't know the constraints he had to work under. I remember reading on a Celtic page that they weren't prepared to spend money on players so they weren't actually signing anyone that the fans deemed as good.

So we should judge him based on their opinion and not what he does at Leicester?

Ask Reading fans if they rate Rodgers (spoiler - they don’t)
Reading could have the best manager in the world and they would be tin pot.

And yes. We judge people by what they bring to the table. In my job I wouldn’t be able to bring anything less than success. If I had been a failure at my last two places of work it wouldn’t qualify me for a senior position some place else. I’d be judged (rightly) on track record.

And yes. We judge people by what they bring to the table. In my job I wouldn’t be able to bring anything less than success. If I had been a failure at my last two places of work it wouldn’t qualify me for a senior position some place else. I’d be judged (rightly) on track record.

Or you could have lied about your success, with your ex-employers happy to go along with it and provide a satisfactory reference just so they got to see the back of you.

It happens.

Or you could have lied about your success, with your ex-employers happy to go along with it and provide a satisfactory reference just so they got to see the back of you.

It happens.

But he can’t can he.

Anyway. It’s a thread about who we sign. I hope he proves me totally wrong and gets a ton of soapy tit wanks.

I'd love us to last second get in for Bowen but clearly that won't happen. I have a great feeling about him. He seems to fit exactly what we like. Let's hope if West Ham sign him they get relegated and we do a Jonny Evans style soapy tit wank.

That is wrong, and completely disrespectful to a club who with the right owners, circumstances, and manager could achieve the sort of success that we currently are.
And it’s also completely irrelevant to the fact that our current manager failed miserably there and we don’t judge him on that.

No. It doesn’t matter a jot what fans think. Success counts and success speaks for itself. His players by and large at his last two clubs have been quite special (in the wrong kind of way).
And success is dependent on far more factors than one man. He could only work within the parameters allowed, which we know **** all about.

That is wrong, and completely disrespectful to a club who with the right owners, circumstances, and manager could achieve the sort of success that we currently are.
And it’s also completely irrelevant to the fact that our current manager failed miserably there and we don’t judge him on that.
I don’t have to like Reading. I work there. It’s bloody bad enough mate so please come off the soap box. I know it is a nothing town with shite fans and no clue.

You can judge Rodgers on the immense success he has had at other clubs. Congerton’s job is to identify good players. He hasn’t got a track record. He just hasn’t. But that is fine. He is here now. Please do prove me wrong Congerton. Please do. I’ll be delighted.

Our transfer deadline day has descended into whether Reading is a nice place.

Failure to double down on a striker or winger will not look crash hot if we lose to Chelsea tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363