Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2018 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 million and a 5 year deal for the Turkish delight.

Had a feeling it would be completed. Let's hope he gets the work permit.

The jury is still out about Puel as boss but it does look like he's preparing for the long run and that imo is excellent. I think to get rid of the dead wood and bring complete balance with positions and age and quality will take another season. Let's hope we can have a positive season going forward and build. I'd love to have a long-term manager who creates a squad and a bit of legacy.

Seperately, West Ham signing Lucas Perez for £4m is a bargain and risk free. Roughly in the prime of his career age-wise and had a brilliant La Liga season before he moved to Arsenal. Would have liked to have got him in.

Had a feeling it would be completed. Let's hope he gets the work permit.

The jury is still out about Puel as boss but it does look like he's preparing for the long run and that imo is excellent. I think to get rid of the dead wood and bring complete balance with positions and age and quality will take another season. Let's hope we can have a positive season going forward and build. I'd love to have a long-term manager who creates a squad and a bit of legacy.

Seperately, West Ham signing Lucas Perez for £4m is a bargain and risk free. Roughly in the prime of his career age-wise and had a brilliant La Liga season before he moved to Arsenal. Would have liked to have got him in.

Re: Perez - agree it's a good signing for Wham. But we were only interested if we lost Vardy. Arsenal only bought Perez because they couldn't get Vardy. We still have Vardy... Wham can have Perez ;)

They also signed Carlos Sanchez at the last minute too. Good window for the Hammers.

Damn good window for us too really. By and large we've tried to address a lot of the issues that needed addressing. We got in a Mahrez replacement, freshened up our ageing back four and added some more creative quality and set piece expertise with James Maddison.

Re: Perez - agree it's a good signing for Wham. But we were only interested if we lost Vardy. Arsenal only bought Perez because they couldn't get Vardy. We still have Vardy... Wham can have Perez ;)

They also signed Carlos Sanchez at the last minute too. Good window for the Hammers.

Fantastic window I think. They've got a great manager as well. I see them doin very very well this year.

Everton have signed Yerry Mina for £27m 6 months after Barca paid £11m for him and he had a crap season in La Liga. Considering our rumoured interest it's going to be interesting to see how he fares in the PL. He's humongous so that's a plus but he's equally as dozy as far as I've seen.

Damn good window for us too really. By and large we've tried to address a lot of the issues that needed addressing. We got in a Mahrez replacement, freshened up our ageing back four and added some more creative quality and set piece expertise with James Maddison.

Good window I'd say. I would've liked to have got rid of a few more but it isn't that simple unfortunately.

I can't take the whole Riyad replacement thing seriously until I see him play but with Madders in the mix we have shifted a lot if the creativity responsibility to him.

I think Madders will be a superstar.

Everton, Wolves, Fulham and Liverpool have absolutely killed it. Numbers AND quality.
My only concern is that we are super light on quality numbers up front.
I don't want to see Ulloa there and so we only have Vardy and Iheanacho. Of course he could play Gray there but he's not shown he can play the role well. I'm surprised we haven't bought a striker in given the fact he's ostracised Okazaki and Ulloa and shipped out Gordon from the u23s

Hopefully we can sort out a loan deal or two to at least get rid of some of the un-needed players temporarily.

Everton, Wolves, Fulham and Liverpool have absolutely killed it. Numbers AND quality.
You may well be right. But surely we can only judge who has absolutely killed it with the luxury of hindsight at the end of the season. Most people though Everton, for instance, killed it last summer.

I still think Everton will struggle, I really don't rate Marco Silva and they tend to spend massive money on overhyped talent more often than not. Fulham and Wolves will be interesting to watch, particularly Wolves. Cardiff are almost certain to get relegated, I think Brighton and Huddersfield for the other two.

Rob Dorsett suggesting Leo Ulloa has agreed a permanent move away to a Mexican club.

Definitely right to get Leo off the wage bill. I will never forget that penalty against West Ham. All the best Leo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566