Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2018 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope all the business gets done early today and we're not wrestling with and failing to meet the deadlines again!

Let's hope all the business gets done early today and we're not wrestling with and failing to meet the deadlines again!
I would think we would have well and truly learnt our lesson in that regard.

...I couldnt care less how hard it is, it's football and the powers that be are responsible for making deals happen...

And there's the answer. The reason I have written about it is because people like you don't seem to understand the simplest of premises. 'The powers that be should make deals happen....' I mean, have you any idea how stupid that sounds? What am I thinking, of course you haven't.

Do you think you can forcebolayers to take wage cuts and play elsewhere if they don't want to go? Why the **** should they go anyway?

If we can get £15m in for Musa, anything’s possible!

And as for using him as a foil for the youngsters...I’m not sure he’s the best role model to be honest.

Not at all, no.

Yes, I should have made myself much clearer here. Apologies. Fundamentally, he's a bit of an arsehole I think we can agree and should be absolutely nobody's moral compass. I meant that as a league winning RB he certainly has something to offer in terms of coaching. He was fantastic that season and has been a very good RB for throughout most of his time here.

But yes, he's a bit of a shit!

And there's the answer. The reason I have written about it is because people like you don't seem to understand the simplest of premises. 'The powers that be should make deals happen....' I mean, have you any idea how stupid that sounds? What am I thinking, of course you haven't.

Do you think you can forcebolayers to take wage cuts and play elsewhere if they don't want to go? Why the **** should they go anyway?

May not be able to force them but we could offer a package that would let them leave to a club paying them less money and we pay the difference.

If we can get £15m in for Musa, anything’s possible!
He was wanted. I mean, unvelievable I agree but someone was willing to pay a lot of dough for him and more than likely match his salary. I'm pretty sure no one wants to do that with James, King or Ulloa.

May not be able to force them but we could offer a package that would let them leave to a club paying them less money and we pay the difference.
Yes. I have said as much. For that to happen though we still need interested clubs and they still don't have to take it. In all likelihood, no 'powers that be' can make them either.

The mistake was in the handing out of ludicrous contracts but that's a very complex thing to try and undo.

Last edited:
Yes. I have said as much. For that to happen though we still need interested clubs and they still don't have to take it. In all likelihood, no 'powers that be' can make them either.

The mistake was in the handing out of ludicrous contracts but that's a very complex thing to try and undo.

In the case of James, we were supposedly offered money from Derby. If true we rejected £4m and then gave him an extended contract. That's not just mental, it's exceptionally mental.

I think Wolves will finish ahead of us. Possibly 9th. With West Ham and Everton in 7th and 8th respectively. I think we'll have a frustrating season with a lot of good and a lot of bad.

A lot of people expect Wolves will do well. They're not your typical newly promoted minnows. They've been splashing the cash big style and have managed to attract some real international level talent. I'm hoping for a Top 10 and personally I think Everton will struggle. West Ham have improved their squad a bit and more importantly have a top manager now so could well get in the top half.

In the case of James, we were supposedly offered money from Derby. If true we rejected £4m and then gave him an extended contract. That's not just mental, it's exceptionally mental.
You're right, that's insane but the fact we gave him that contract now means that moving him on is going to be nigh on impossible.

Especially after he had played just a handful of games after two years out. And surprise surprise he’s injured again.

Whoever made that decision needs slapping round the face with Vichai’s cock.

No I don't, but if they want to play football then compromises will be made somewhere.

It's like every deal that happens must be players having a payrise or improved terms, which is obviously bollocks.

There will be clubs somewhere interested in all of our available players.

No I don't, but if they want to play football then compromises will be made somewhere.

It's like every deal that happens must be players having a payrise or improved terms, which is obviously bollocks.
What if they don't want to? What if they are happy to earn the cash on offer without playing? What if they are willing to sacrifice what is left if their playing career for a huge amount of money?

Some players may put being involved at the top of their list and be quite happy to ply their trade for a lower salary, others may not. Hence the whole point; if players want to go or agree to go then we can move them on. If they don't or there are no interested clubs we can do the square root of **** all about it. Still struggling?

Last edited:
What if they don't want to? What if they are happy to earn the cash on offer without playing? What if they are willing to sacrifice what is left if their playing career for a huge amount of money? Still struggling?

They stay, not sure what your problem is.

It’s not a rumour, but I’d love us to put a bid in for RLC now that Chelsea have signed Kovacic.

Yes we have 8 central midfielders already, but we’re still lacking quality there in my opinion.

It’s not a rumour, but I’d love us to put a bid in for RLC now that Chelsea have signed Kovacic.

Yes we have 8 central midfielders already, but we’re still lacking quality there in my opinion.
It'll be really interesting to see what happens there. He'll probably go out on loan but whoever gets him will be on to a bit of a winner. He's an excellent player and would be a different gravy to anything else (perhaps outside Ndidi) that we have.

I said this the other day in here, so I agree, obviously.

I can't see their first choice midfield not being Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic. RLC might have got the third spot, until they got Kovacic in as part of the Courtois and he's too good a player to leave out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566