Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inter are keen to loan out Christian Eriksen before the end of the day apparently and are willing to pay half of his £200k per week wages.

Any takers?

Inter are keen to loan out Christian Eriksen before the end of the day apparently and are willing to pay half of his £200k per week wages.

Any takers?

Why has he failed there then? He lost all interest at Spurs towards the end and now he's not worked out at Inter.

Nobody want Slimani?

West Brom, Torino and Marseille all keen apparently.

Assume they'd all only be loans though - we must be paying him a big salary.

I was hoping clearing Slimani and Silva out might free up enough budget for a striker, even if it's just on loan... Seems unlikely now though!

Nobody want Slimani?
The irony is that a player like Slimani (or Ulloa for that matter) is exactly what we've been missing for the past few seasons. Someone you can bring on for the last 20 mins and lump balls up to or who will bully tired defenders into a mistake. Assuming he doesn't go out on loan, I wonder if we'll include him in the 25 man squad?

The irony is that a player like Slimani (or Ulloa for that matter) is exactly what we've been missing for the past few seasons. Someone you can bring on for the last 20 mins and lump balls up to or who will bully tired defenders into a mistake. Assuming he doesn't go out on loan, I wonder if we'll include him in the 25 man squad?

I think at this point, there's no way we involve him.

But I agree, on paper he's the right type of player to be a Plan B. But that's what we thought when we bought him, and it clearly didn't work.

The fact no one has wanted to use him - or sign him - says a lot. I assume there's maybe an attitude problem there too for him to have not been involved at all by anyone.

Assuming he doesn't go out on loan, I wonder if we'll include him in the 25 man squad?

We'd have to leave someone else out of the squad to do that.

Assuming Ghezzal leaves, we still have 27 senior players:

Kasper Schmeichel
Danny Ward
Eldin Jakupovic
James Justin
Caglar Soyuncu
Wes Morgan
Jonny Evans
Filip Benkovic
Daniel Amartey
Ricardo Pereira
Timothy Castagne
Christian Fuchs
Demarai Gray
Youri Tielemans
James Maddison
Marc Albrighton
Harvey Barnes
Cengiz Under
Hamza Choudhury
Matthew James
Nampalys Mendy
Onyinye Ndidi
Dennis Praet
Jamie Vardy
Islam Slimani
Kelechi Iheanacho
Ayoze Perez

Last edited:
doesn't the domestic transfer window run a little longer than today? But they wouldn't be able to be registered for Europa League

Kasper Schmeichel
Danny Ward
Eldin Jakupovic
James Justin
Caglar Soyuncu
Wes Morgan
Jonny Evans
Filip Benkovic
Daniel Amartey
Ricardo Pereira
Timothy Castagne
Christian Fuchs
Demarai Gray
Youri Tielemans
James Maddison
Marc Albrighton
Harvey Barnes
Cengiz Under
Hamza Choudhury
Matthew James
Nampalys Mendy
Onyinye Ndidi
Dennis Praet
Jamie Vardy
Islam Slimani
Kelechi Iheanacho
Ayoze Perez
Matty James ffs
Will you please just piss off

Kasper Schmeichel
Danny Ward
Eldin Jakupovic
James Justin
Caglar Soyuncu
Wes Morgan
Jonny Evans
Filip Benkovic
Daniel Amartey
Ricardo Pereira
Timothy Castagne
Christian Fuchs
Demarai Gray
Youri Tielemans
James Maddison
Marc Albrighton
Harvey Barnes
Cengiz Under
Hamza Choudhury
Matthew James
Nampalys Mendy
Onyinye Ndidi
Dennis Praet
Jamie Vardy
Islam Slimani
Kelechi Iheanacho
Ayoze Perez

Benkovic is likely to be left out I'd assume as we will probably try to find another loan for him.
Gray is clearly unwanted/wants to go but if he stays he'll be in the squad, and should be.

So that's 26 - fight it out between Slimani and Matty James for that final spot. James probably gets it despite the fact that he'll probably never be fit to play for us again. Personally, I'd rather we gave the final spot to Slimani. We're better covered in midfield, James will never be fit anyway, and we're desperately short on strikers.

if it comes down to Slimani or James for the final spot give it to Slimani, if Vardy or Nacho gets injured he could at least sit on the bench, James is what 6th choice in CM? Also does Dewsbury-Hall need to be on the list or is he young enough?

ok Scratch what I said the 25th spot should go to Dewsbury-Hall unless we are getting a really good loan for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566