Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverpool and Leicester enquire about Olympiakos left-back Kostas Tsimikas with the Greek club ready to sell for £12m as Jurgen Klopp seeks cover for Andy Robertson... while the Foxes are bracing for Ben Chilwell exit
  • Leicester City and Liverpool have asked about Olympiakos ace Kostas Tsimikas
  • Tsimikas has been on Leicester's list for over a year as Ben Chilwell could leave
  • Liverpool had a £10million bid rejected for Norwich's Jamal Lewis in midweek
  • Greek international Tsimikas impressed against Wolves in the Europa League

Leicester City and Liverpool have asked about Olympiakos left-back Kostas Tsimikas.

The 24-year-old has been on Leicester's list for over a year amid increased interest from Chelsea and Manchester City in Ben Chilwell.

Liverpool, who had a £10million bid rejected for Norwich's Jamal Lewis in midweek, see Tsimikas as a fall-back option should they fail to agree on Lewis.

Greek international Tsimikas impressed against Wolves in the Europa League on Thursday and has also drawn enquiries from Everton and Chelsea in recent weeks.

Olympiakos are ready to sell for around £12m and have lined up St Etienne's Miguel Trauco as a replacement.

Meanwhile, Leicester winger Bartosz Kapustka, 23, is close to finalising a permanent deal to Legia Warsaw.

Lots of chat about this one today on Twitter too.

Can't say I've ever heard of him, but suggests we are willing to let Chilwell go.

On the one side, signing the replacement weakens our negotiating power, but on the plus side at least we're working on replacements before selling a key asset this time!

Liverpool and Leicester enquire about Olympiakos left-back Kostas Tsimikas with the Greek club ready to sell for £12m as Jurgen Klopp seeks cover for Andy Robertson... while the Foxes are bracing for Ben Chilwell exit
  • Leicester City and Liverpool have asked about Olympiakos ace Kostas Tsimikas
  • Tsimikas has been on Leicester's list for over a year as Ben Chilwell could leave
  • Liverpool had a £10million bid rejected for Norwich's Jamal Lewis in midweek
  • Greek international Tsimikas impressed against Wolves in the Europa League

Leicester City and Liverpool have asked about Olympiakos left-back Kostas Tsimikas.

The 24-year-old has been on Leicester's list for over a year amid increased interest from Chelsea and Manchester City in Ben Chilwell.

Liverpool, who had a £10million bid rejected for Norwich's Jamal Lewis in midweek, see Tsimikas as a fall-back option should they fail to agree on Lewis.

Greek international Tsimikas impressed against Wolves in the Europa League on Thursday and has also drawn enquiries from Everton and Chelsea in recent weeks.

Olympiakos are ready to sell for around £12m and have lined up St Etienne's Miguel Trauco as a replacement.

Meanwhile, Leicester winger Bartosz Kapustka, 23, is close to finalising a permanent deal to Legia Warsaw.
Looks like he's off to Liverpool, £11.75m reported by Sky.

Looks like he's off to Liverpool, £11.75m reported by Sky.
Fine. Spend £20m on Lewis. He was one of Norwich's best players last season. He was absolutely superb against us and I think he has the makings of an excellent left back.

Fine. Spend £20m on Lewis. He was one of Norwich's best players last season. He was absolutely superb against us and I think he has the makings of an excellent left back.

I think Liverpool are in for this guy because the fee for Lewis is too high.

I think Liverpool are in for this guy because the fee for Lewis is too high.
Yes. The repot says they didn't want to pay any more than £12m. It doesn't say how much he's available for. I reckon £20m buys him.

Yes. The repot says they didn't want to pay any more than £12m. It doesn't say how much he's available for. I reckon £20m buys him.
The reports I’ve seen say Norwich want around that, if and only if Chilwell goes well get him, Liverpool don’t want to pay £20m for a reserve

Behave. You could have been one of Norwich's best players last season.

Lewis is average at best. He was only good against us because you remember his goal. His performance against us apart from that was shite. No way is he worth anywhere near £20m as Liverpool clearly think too.

My reading of the situation is that Chilwell is staying. Chelsea look more likely to be signing Regulion now. I'm happy with this if true, as you should be too. We are unlikely to get full value for Chilwell this summer so keeping him makes sense. Unless someone is prepared to pay silly money, we don't need another left back so Tsimikas can go and sit on Liverpool's bench for a couple of years.

Behave. You could have been one of Norwich's best players last season.

Lewis is average at best. He was only good against us because you remember his goal. His performance against us apart from that was shite. No way is he worth anywhere near £20m as Liverpool clearly think too.

My reading of the situation is that Chilwell is staying. Chelsea look more likely to be signing Regulion now. I'm happy with this if true, as you should be too. We are unlikely to get full value for Chilwell this summer so keeping him makes sense. Unless someone is prepared to pay silly money, we don't need another left back so Tsimikas can go and sit on Liverpool's bench for a couple of years.
I didn't remember his goal. Boc moment. I do, however, remember posting in the match thread how good he looked. He looked excellent every time I saw him play and I'd have him in a heartbeat. ****ing hell son, we had Chilwell dicking around, pissing away possession every 2 minutes, letting any Tom, Dick or Harry cross the ball and generally pretending to be a footballer all season, and you want to criticise Lewis for doing what he did in an otherwise woeful Norwich team? The fact that Liverpool are looking at him tells you something.

W
I didn't remember his goal. Boc moment. I do, however, remember posting in the match thread how good he looked. He looked excellent every time I saw him play and I'd have him in a heartbeat. ****ing hell son, we had Chilwell dicking around, pissing away possession every 2 minutes, letting any Tom, Dick or Harry cross the ball and generally pretending to be a footballer all season, and you want to criticise Lewis for doing what he did in an otherwise woeful Norwich team? The fact that Liverpool are looking at him tells you something.

This feels like an odd take when, at the same as using this as a reason why Jamal Lewis would be a good signing, you're desperate for us to get rid of Chilwell - who's been looked at by Chelsea and Man City.

Particularly when Chelsea and Man City both want/have wanted Chilwell as their first choice left back, whereas Liverpool are only looking for someone to be backup to Andy Robertson.

Liverpool also tried very hard to sign Ben Chilwell which sends your argument around and around and around . . .

WHEN ARE WE ****ING SIGNING SOMEONE???!!! Out of my mind waiting for some bloody exciting news. It's like waiting for std tests. Driving me nuts.

W

This feels like an odd take when, at the same as using this as a reason why Jamal Lewis would be a good signing, you're desperate for us to get rid of Chilwell - who's been looked at by Chelsea and Man City.

Particularly when Chelsea and Man City both want/have wanted Chilwell as their first choice left back, whereas Liverpool are only looking for someone to be backup to Andy Robertson.
Man City signed Rodwell and Chelsea signed Drinkwater. Just two examples of the prowess these two have when it comes to signing players. Both are just hoovers of players who may or may not pan out. I am willing to bet the next commission price I get that if Man City sign Chilwell he won't be their first choice LB for a large chunk of the season. I'm pretty sure he'd be found out at Chelsea fairly quickly as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363