Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far we've been linked with absolute guff from teams who have been relegated. Bodes well.

Not that I'm saying the above is true.

Rico's a decent left back.
I'm impressed that a team with an apparently excellent manager, a superb centre back who's gone to Man City, a decent left back and a well considered keeper have managed to ship enough goals for a few seasons now to be in the top five in terms of goals conceded.
Oh, and been relegated.

Must just be unlucky.

My personal opinion is that we need to stop considering dross from relegated or nearly relegated teams, unless they're an exception to the rule, Jonny Evans being one such man.
Same with someone earlier that said Allan Saint-Maximin. Is that the same one that's scored 3 goals and got 4 assist this season?
Even more crazy when you consider the suggestion is using him to replace Perez who's scored 8 with the same 4 assists.

My personal opinion is that we need to stop considering dross from relegated or nearly relegated teams, unless they're an exception to the rule, Jonny Evans being one such man.
Same with someone earlier that said Allan Saint-Maximin. Is that the same one that's scored 3 goals and got 4 assist this season?
Even more crazy when you consider the suggestion is using him to replace Perez who's scored 8 with the same 4 assists.
If Newcastle had a striker worthy of the title he’d have a lot more assists, sometimes you have to look at the attributes of the player over stats due to the set up of his team Newcastle are more defensive than a team co-managed by Allerdyce and Pulis

Turkish website Fotospor report Fenerbahce are looking to replace Vedat Muriqi by signing Leicester City attacker Kelechi Iheanacho.

The Super Lig side are reportedly in advanced talks with Lazio to sell Muriqi, and Fotospor claim Iheanacho could be his replacement. Muriqi was linked with a move to the Foxes a few weeks ago but it seems he’s now destined to a transfer to Serie A.

It’s reported Fenerbahce are ready to make a two-year loan offer to Leicester City for the Nigerian forward which could be worth as much as €12m.

Iheanacho scored 10 goals for Leicester City in all competitions last season and was a repeatedly used member of Brendan Rodgers’ squad, making 26 appearances. However, the Turkish hope would be that he fancies being a nailed on starter elsewhere.

The 23 year old has been linked with a move to Turkey before with the likes of Trabzonspor and Besiktas said to be interested.

His contract with Leicester City will expire at the end of June 2023, so in the unlikely event they would agree to a two year loan, they may also want to extend the player’s contract.

Turkish website Fotospor report Fenerbahce are looking to replace Vedat Muriqi by signing Leicester City attacker Kelechi Iheanacho.

The Super Lig side are reportedly in advanced talks with Lazio to sell Muriqi, and Fotospor claim Iheanacho could be his replacement. Muriqi was linked with a move to the Foxes a few weeks ago but it seems he’s now destined to a transfer to Serie A.

It’s reported Fenerbahce are ready to make a two-year loan offer to Leicester City for the Nigerian forward which could be worth as much as €12m.

Iheanacho scored 10 goals for Leicester City in all competitions last season and was a repeatedly used member of Brendan Rodgers’ squad, making 26 appearances. However, the Turkish hope would be that he fancies being a nailed on starter elsewhere.

The 23 year old has been linked with a move to Turkey before with the likes of Trabzonspor and Besiktas said to be interested.

His contract with Leicester City will expire at the end of June 2023, so in the unlikely event they would agree to a two year loan, they may also want to extend the player’s contract.
Yep, he'd do okay out there.

no doubt but I suspect there is no way we'd take £10.8m for him when he's under contract for another 3 years according to that article

Absolutely no chance

We have 2 strikers.

Even if he was as bad as Carl Cort we'd not be able to loan him out

Why would loan our second striker out when he’s just started to show some of the form we paid £25m for?

I think it's fair to assume that BR doesn't rate him, given the way he was never really trusted and always subbed/dropped.

I agree that he's a talented player and has just had his best season with us. But if the manager thinks he can do better, it's probably right to move him on. With two years of his contract left, now is the time to sell.

Leicester City are one of a number of clubs linked with a move for Bournemouth's 23-year-old winger David Brooks - but new Cherries boss Jason Tindall insists there will be no "fire sale" of the club's star players. (Leicester Mercury)

Dwight McNeil is a 'hot' topic on Foxestalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363