Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been posting accurate info on LCFC recently.

What bollocks.

As if a player will come back from his holiday early and then go into a training ground where nobody else is to collect some boots.

In any case, there cannot possibly be any news about a major sale before we sign 2-3 players as a minimum. It was obvious last summer that the moment we make a big sale all prices we're quoted rocket.

So, we'd have to have a complete moron in charge of our recruitment for there to be any truth in this.

Oh.

Well if Sam Martin said it on Twitter, then it absolutely must be true

At least we now know for definite

I think just **** it all off. We have completed football now. No point carrying on. I am ready to ascend and transition to my alter ego Shane from Bellendery and go and live in a village where we all **** each other. Sam Martin has spoken. This is the word of Sam.

Over a calendar year now since we signed anyone (except the loan for Bennett).

That can't have happened many times before.

If we sign Dwight McNeil for £30m, I'd be delighted. Assists and stats are important but not the be all and end all. He's 20 years old, and BR is said to be a top man manager for individual players where he improves them massively.

This guy is exactly what we need. Whilst not a player in the exact same mould as Mahrez, he still has some tricks and magic. Most importantly, he's direct, quick, ballsy, makes things happen and shits up defenders. He's like what Harvey Barnes could be.

Don't get me wrong, McNeil must improve in a number of areas, but he would be an excellent addition. And if true, £30m is a bargain in this market. Remember we paid the same for Ayoze and whilst he's done well, I think McNeil will have a much bigger effect.

If we are selling Chilwell then we need to do our buying now, otherwise be prepared for the price to go up on everyone we are in for.

I think they mean 'for a left-back' or that kind of thing.

If true £65 million for Chilwell is a very good fee especially the way the world is at the moment, we need to have a poker face when buying his replacement, hopefully we can take advantage of another clubs financial uncertainty, Jamal Lewis would be good, Norwich wanted to Furlough employees they don't have rich owners and they have reduced income now.

I would prefer to keep Chilwell, but I think we have to sell an asset to be able to spend, so probably better him than our other assets IMO. £65 million is a very good price, depending on how much is addons. £40 million + guaranteed and we've done alright IMO. For the record I think he will do very well at Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566