Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
for what its worth, according the Geoff Peters this guy is a Leicester fan who works for TalkSport now having previously worked for Norwich

if the idea is Lewis is first choice and Thomas plays the cup games that I would be happy enough with, having Luke Thomas first choice for us next season would be a mistake and ideally a loan spell like Chilwell's at Huddersfield and Barnes' at WBA would still be my preference

I would keep Chilwell for another season. He is still learning and improving. I think he's likely to be worth more and more mega clubs will be after him with another season with us.

That would allow us to send Thomas on loan for the season to the Championship for regular football. At the end of the season, it will be clear whether he's ready or not.

Selling Chilwell this summer is the wrong move for me and I don't think we'll do it.
I agree, but we will sell because that’s our mentality. It’s why we will always fall short of our ambitions IMO.

I’m not too sad. Chilwell should watch his comments about Barcelona falling short though. Yeah that was embarrassing for them, but bottling a 14 point lead to qualify for that particular competition... now that’s :icon redface:

with the season kicking off in less than a month and the chance to steal a march on the champs league and europa sides who will have had less rest, we need to do some clever and quick business.
done is better than perfect i think and so we should be going for centre and left back, winger and striker while deciding which of our crown jewels we are willing to lose. if its chilwell then he goes immediately and we keep everyone else.

If we had beat Brighton & Bournemouth we wouldn't of had to sell anyone & nobody would want to leave, it was our sliding doors moment, we didn't and now we have the other scenario.

with the season kicking off in less than a month and the chance to steal a march on the champs league and europa sides who will have had less rest, we need to do some clever and quick business.
done is better than perfect i think and so we should be going for centre and left back, winger and striker while deciding which of our crown jewels we are willing to lose. if its chilwell then he goes immediately and we keep everyone else.
I think we all know that we’ll be looking at pricks in yellow ties at 10:00pm on 5th October wondering just who it is going to be :015:

If we had beat Brighton & Bournemouth we wouldn't of had to sell anyone & nobody would want to leave, it was our sliding doors moment, we didn't and now we have the other scenario.

A film with John Hannah as the lead? The situation is desperate.

if the idea is Lewis is first choice and Thomas plays the cup games that I would be happy enough with, having Luke Thomas first choice for us next season would be a mistake and ideally a loan spell like Chilwell's at Huddersfield and Barnes' at WBA would still be my preference
Lewis also has excellent crime solving skills.

814C1824-63F5-4A18-A2A9-4FED237177E3.jpeg

I remember a left back called Lewis.
Didn't he walk off at Millwall when someone got shown a red card, manager at the time said "you have to know Neil Lewis to understand why he walked off" he came back on when it was pointed out it wasn't him. Can't remember the exact details but pretty sure it was something like this.

Didn't he walk off at Millwall when someone got shown a red card, manager at the time said "you have to know Neil Lewis to understand why he walked off" he came back on when it was pointed out it wasn't him. Can't remember the exact details but pretty sure it was something like this.

David Oldfield had been sent off for an off-the ball push, but it was just after Lewis had fouled someone, so he thought the card was for him.

The oldfield one was ridiculous. He'd just been punched in the back of the head by Alex Rae, and turned round and pushed him. The ref didn't see the Rae punch, but saw Oldfield's push, and sent him off.
Millwall had two players sent off in the same game.

I won tickets to the match through a competition in the Leicester Trader, along with a bottle of Captain Morgan rum. They were Millwall's sponsors at the time. I never got the rum.

Last edited:
David Oldfield had been sent off for an off-the ball push, but it was just after Lewis had fouled someone, so he thought the card was for him.

The oldfield one was ridiculous. He'd just been punched in the back of the head by Alex Rae, and turned round and pushed him. The ref didn't see the Rae punch, but saw Oldfield's push, and sent him off.
Millwall had two players sent off in the same game.

I won tickets to the match through a competition in the Leicester Trader, along with a bottle of Captain Morgan rum. They were Milwall's sponsors at the time. I never got the rum.

Keller made a couple of good saves for them if I recall.

I can't remember much about City v Millwall games from that era. I only remember this sort of thing. It was absolute carnage every time we played. I remember getting chased in the FA Cup match at the old den.

Found it on Youtube:

I remember that game. Crazy. They just wanted to kick people.

Does anyone remember an away game where fans at the front we're being pushed against the barrier because of the amount of people? (Bit like Hillsborough, but obviously not) sure that was Millwall.
We were moved into a seated part of the ground as there were too many fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670