Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember an away game where fans at the front we're being pushed against the barrier because of the amount of people? (Bit like Hillsborough, but obviously not) sure that was Millwall.
We were moved into a seated part of the ground as there were too many fans

I remember something like that happening at Notts County, first match of the season I think, just after they rebuilt half their ground.

I remember that game. Crazy. They just wanted to kick people.

Does anyone remember an away game where fans at the front we're being pushed against the barrier because of the amount of people? (Bit like Hillsborough, but obviously not) sure that was Millwall.
We were moved into a seated part of the ground as there were too many fans
Yes, I think it was a midweek FA Cup replay, never been so pleased to have lost a game.

Newcastle targeting Smalling.

We absolutely should be all over this. He had a great season at Roma, has European experience and I believe played with Evans.

30 years old so in his prime as a CB and we are ****ing desperate for experienced players.

Newcastle targeting Smalling.

We absolutely should be all over this. He had a great season at Roma, has European experience and I believe played with Evans.

30 years old so in his prime as a CB and we are ****ing desperate for experienced players.
rather him than Dunk/Tarkowski etc.

He's a clod-hopping donkey, while we're clearly looking for a bit of ability on the ball at the back. If Steve Bruce's Newcastle are in for him, he's not the player for us.

He's a clod-hopping donkey, while we're clearly looking for a bit of ability on the ball at the back. If Steve Bruce's Newcastle are in for him, he's not the player for us.
the Italian press apparently really rated him, they know a thing or 2 about defending and their press tend to grill people more tactically, so I'd say he must be pretty good and better than a "clod-hopping donkey"

He clearly isn't a ****ing donkey as he's played football at the highest level over the last 12 years more than we have.

If he's getting rave reviews as a defender in Italy then I'm willing to believe the lad can defend. I want my defenders to defend 1st and play the ball out like a creative midfielder 2nd.

As long as he's better than Junior Lewis then it's all good.

By the account of a few Norwich fans, he's very much underrated. He's fast, has excellent stamina to bomb it up and down the wing and is a good defender. He has plenty to improve on including his positioning, but if we sell Chilwell for £50/60m and this guy fills that void just as well then I'd say it's another good deal.

Let's try to be concise with out transfers. Buendia in next for me if possible, excellent player.

lets not act like him playing was some plan they were forced into it, he was our 5th option for that spot after Chilwell, Justin, Fuchs and Albrighton, if they thought he was ready for regular premier League football Fuchs wouldn't still be here taking up wages and a spot in the 25 man squad that could be used elsewhere.

If Luke Thomas ends up being our starting left back next season it is a massive gamble and most likely the club taking the cheap option
I don’t think people are suggesting he should be our starting left-back. It’s the loaning him out to then have to buy two left-backs if Chilwell leaves that people don’t see the sense in.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...rgio-rico-leicester-kasper-schmeichel-4429330

Kasper linked away again. He's such a leader and one of the best keepers we've ever had. Leocester through and through. Can't imagine anyone else in goal tbh. Also of all the PL clubs surely he is the longest reigning no.1? I know he isn't perfect but i want him here until he retires.

We talk a lot about Vardy but how many memories has this guy created? Hopefully just lazy journalism but perhaps not.

If we do need to replace him i say Nick Pope. Though Rico is solid keeper too but not as good as Pope, Hendo, Dubravka etc.

It's no surprise to me that Chilwell's form has been relatively poor for most of last season.

It has to be unsettling when a another club like Chelsea sets out to poach a player by weekly hints to the media that he is a target for them.

How can you expect him to give 100% commitment in every game when his mind is elsewhere and he is wanting to avoid serious injury, even subconsciously.

I think it is quite disgraceful behaviour by Chelsea. Other so called big clubs do it all the time.

Should we be doing it too?

Chilwell out for more than a few quid with Smalling and Lewis coming in would be a right old result for us. We should be smashing the likes of Newcastle out of the way to get at Smalling. Lewis looks an excellent player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669