Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often wonder why they spunked £30m on a waster like Drinkwater

They probably thought they were getting the Drinkwater of the 2015-16 season, unfortunately that Drinkwater disappeared when Jack Wheelchair was favoured over him for the Euros.

Going to sell England's first choice left back who is just entering the prime of his career and replace him with a lad who helped comprise the worst defensive line in the premier league, who can best be described as "best of a bad bunch". He also contributed **** all in an attacking sense.

It's shit, I hate it.

There seems to be a much larger amount of fans on twitter saying they don't want him than usual though.

He's England left back, why don't they want him?

Chelsea fans not that keen then
The most illiterate set of wankers ever in one place. Can't spell, no understanding of grammar, punctuation doesn't exist. Not one of them can put even 3 coherent words together. Just the sort of knowledgeable and intelligent fans you want on your side.

The Sun can't even write the headline correctly

Yep centre backs are dead easy to replace.

That’s why we ended the season playing with Bennett and Morgan because we couldn’t get a replacement for Maguire at a reasonable fee.
Or we had already brought Soyuncu and Bencovic and the plan was to use these two. People are moaning on here about not giving youth a chance, so what is the point in signing younger players and then not using them?
The club isn't yet in a position to buy ready made Premier league players at £50 million plus like the top 4 do.
Its much more enjoyable to sell a player for £80 million and replace him with someone unknown for less who turns out to be equally as good or better.
The club is building in the right way, Training ground, manager, stadium expansion, look where we were 10 years ago to where we are now so look forward another 10 years and whom is to say we won't be the club that pays £80 million for a player.

This assumes that he's good enough right now.

He's like a Kane or a Lingard when they came to us on loan. Talented but needs game time.

On one hand you want to give youth a chance but on the other one is your post above.

WE need to give him game time, not WBA or alike.

Promoting 1 or 2 development players into the first team squad then playing them is the perfect strategy IMO.

On one hand you want to give youth a chance but on the other one is your post above.

WE need to give him game time, not WBA or alike.

Promoting 1 or 2 development players into the first team squad then playing them is the perfect strategy IMO.

Unless they get a chance then we will keep losing our more promising players in the u23's. I fail to see why he shouldn't be involved with the 1st team, all of the big 6 have young players on the bench.

Really, what evidence is there to suggest this is true?

We enquired about loads of Cb's after Maguire left and despite raking in a stupid fee we were unable to replace.

Apparently the fullback position is different these days and you don't need to know how to defend, so replacing him with a very fit player who can run up and down all day shouldn't be too hard.

Chilwell has poor positional awareness, is not a natural defender and his final ball is terrible, I'd rather take a chance at replacing him than any of our decent players.
Ben White, Nathan Ake, Chris Smalling, John Stones, Lewis Dunk, James Tarkowski are all center backs that I can think of off the top of my head that Leicester could buy for less money than Maguire. How many left backs are out there ? Jamal Lewis and ? The point being is that there's plenty of CB out there but not many LB.

You've answered your own question about Chilwell he isn't all that good and would be the preferred player to replace.

Or we had already brought Soyuncu and Bencovic and the plan was to use these two. People are moaning on here about not giving youth a chance, so what is the point in signing younger players and then not using them?
The club isn't yet in a position to buy ready made Premier league players at £50 million plus like the top 4 do.
Its much more enjoyable to sell a player for £80 million and replace him with someone unknown for less who turns out to be equally as good or better.
The club is building in the right way, Training ground, manager, stadium expansion, look where we were 10 years ago to where we are now so look forward another 10 years and whom is to say we won't be the club that pays £80 million for a player.
Yes we planned to use Benkovic. That’s why we shipped him out on loan....

Other than that, great point well made...

Ben White, Nathan Ake, Chris Smalling, John Stones, Lewis Dunk, James Tarkowski are all center backs that I can think of off the top of my head that Leicester could buy for less money than Maguire. How many left backs are out there ? Jamal Lewis and ? The point being is that there's plenty of CB out there but not many LB.

You've answered your own question about Chilwell he isn't all that good and would be the preferred player to replace.

Jamal Lewis
Kieran Tierney
Lucas Digne
Sergio Rico
Nicolas Tagliafico
Bruno Berner

He was injured last summer, and by the time he was fit Soyuncu was established in the team. We sent him out on loan because he needed to play.
We sent him out on loan because Rodgers thinks he’s crap.

Yes we planned to use Benkovic. That’s why we shipped him out on loan....

Other than that, great point well made...
At the beginning of the season I think Benkovic was in consideration along with Soyuncu but for whatever reason BR decided he needed to go out on loan instead, maybe Benkovic will be used next season as Morgan is eased out.

At the beginning of the season I think Benkovic was in consideration along with Soyuncu but for whatever reason BR decided he needed to go out on loan instead, maybe Benkovic will be used next season as Morgan is eased out.

He got injued duting the Euro under 21s so he wasn't fit enough at the start of the season. He didn't go out on loan until January. He played in four cup games for us last season.

In January Rodgers said this about Benkovic: " We are hoping over the next few days if we bring in a centre-back then that will give him the chance to get out. He definitely needs the games and we’re hoping that takes early part of next week. ".
We brought Bennett as cover so we could send Benkovic out to get some games. It made sense at the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710