Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We last signed someone (Praet) on the 8th August 2019.

None of the other 19 PL teams for 20/21 have gone longer since making a permanent signing.

I'd be surprised if we have gone longer without making a signing for many, many years. It didn't even happen during our administration in 2002/03.

We have resigned Morgan, Jakupovic and Fuchs - which is odd. We've offered a contract to Mendy despite him not being needed until very recently. We even appear to have even offered Andy King to train with us.

The only genuine link I've seen is the one reported for Trincao as the source was so solid. That was a loan deal.
Every other link has had the whiff of bollocks about it.

Putting 2+2 together, are we skint? It could be. Either that or Congerton is pocketing our budget.
We posted a £20m loss for the last financial year and our holding company may have had £2bn wiped off its value. We can’t be lighting our cigars with £50 notes this year.

We last signed someone (Praet) on the 8th August 2019.

None of the other 19 PL teams for 20/21 have gone longer since making a permanent signing.

I'd be surprised if we have gone longer without making a signing for many, many years. It didn't even happen during our administration in 2002/03.

We have resigned Morgan, Jakupovic and Fuchs - which is odd. We've offered a contract to Mendy despite him not being needed until very recently. We even appear to have even offered Andy King to train with us.

The only genuine link I've seen is the one reported for Trincao as the source was so solid. That was a loan deal.
Every other link has had the whiff of bollocks about it.

Putting 2+2 together, are we skint? It could be. Either that or Congerton is pocketing our budget.
No champions league, New training ground, owners with 2bn wiped off their net worth. You may have a point.

And yet Top has had 20 thousand pound wallpaper put up in his suite at the new training ground. Not got a pot to piss in.

I wasn’t raising the problems King Power are facing as a boo hoo moment. Yes they still have money.

I do however want for King Power to do well and continue to grow year on year because 1. they have given us the unimaginable; and 2. like it or not we are under the King Power umbrella now.

I have a LLP as a business. I employ 70 people. It is nothing like the sums King Power makes, but the principles are the same. If you take away the revenue stream and try to get by on reserves it will focus your mind on what, how, and when you spend. King Power have had their revenue streams decimated. It’s no surprise that our shirt for the next season is being used to try to positively promote Thai tourism.

If it is right that £2bn has been wiped off the value of King Power then rightly they are going to tighten the purse strings. I’m not going to say aww didums you only have 3 billion left because it is frankly a bit blasé and dismissive of a serious situation for our parent company.

I’m sure they will bounce back. I sincerely hope they will. No doubt when this virus lifts and the world returns to some normality they will gradually recover.

Spare this thought though... If they don’t what do you think is the frivolity that’s gets cut loose first :017:

I wasn’t raising the problems King Power are facing as a boo hoo moment. Yes they still have money.

I do however want for King Power to do well and continue to grow year on year because 1. they have given us the unimaginable; and 2. like it or not we are under the King Power umbrella now.

I have a LLP as a business. I employ 70 people. It is nothing like the sums King Power makes, but the principles are the same. If you take away the revenue stream and try to get by on reserves it will focus your mind on what, how, and when you spend. King Power have had their revenue streams decimated. It’s no surprise that our shirt for the next season is being used to try to positively promote Thai tourism.

If it is right that £2bn has been wiped off the value of King Power then rightly they are going to tighten the purse strings. I’m not going to say aww didums you only have 3 billion left because it is frankly a bit blasé and dismissive of a serious situation for our parent company.

I’m sure they will bounce back. I sincerely hope they will. No doubt when this virus lifts and the world returns to some normality they will gradually recover.

Spare this thought though... If they don’t what do you think is the frivolity that’s gets cut loose first :017:

agreed. i think we will need to trade hard with any chilwell sale and have identified some additions to the squad that fit within a small net expenditure. so we could be lookinf at 1 or 2 £20m + players and a couple of either loan or creatively put together deals.

Perez is plenty strong enough, although it's not the major part of his game. He's the sort of player who would be a great bench player for a consistent top 6 club. If he is playing as our number 10 or as our first choice right winger / second choice striker then it will show that the squad is still too thin. As a squad player he is WAY better than the alternatives we had under Puel though. Diabate, Ghezzal, Musa..

For me, if we lose Chilwell, and when everyone is back fit, we only have clear first choices in 8 of the positions currently

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu ?
Ndidi Tielemans
? Maddison ?
Vardy

It's plain as day that we need a new left back if Chilwell departs. Also - Perez, Barnes, Albrighton are very good players and on their day can be part of a great squad. However, if they are our first choices still next year then it will clear we haven't signed a Brooks, Trincao, Benrahma, Sarr or similar to help push us on and add a new dimension.

I think if we can't sign a quality winger then we could do worse than have both Madison and Perez playing behind Vardy in a sort of 361. 3 at the back, N'didi and Praet holding and Ricardo and AN other up and down the flanks.

and where are you playing Maddison?

This won't be popular but Maddison did not produce what is expected of him imo. Nowhere near enough assists.

I genuinely think Perez is more of a threat in that advanced central role, he is the only player in our squad who seems to have that natural movement off the ball required to be effective in that area.

This won't be popular but Maddison did not produce what is expected of him imo. Nowhere near enough assists.

I genuinely think Perez is more of a threat in that advanced central role, he is the only player in our squad who seems to have that natural movement off the ball required to be effective in that area.
he possibly is but Maddison is also one of our biggest creative threats, maybe we shouldn't be playing a system where only one of them can play central, we need a system that gets our best players in their best areas of operation, not forcing people in to fit a system

Maybe Maddison doesn't fit into BR'S system off 4231 if Perez is the better number 10 as nowhere else to play Maddison in that system. Irrelevant anyway as BR won't drop Maddison in place of Perez.

I think if we can't sign a quality winger then we could do worse than have both Madison and Perez playing behind Vardy in a sort of 361. 3 at the back, N'didi and Praet holding and Ricardo and AN other up and down the flanks.
you don't need 2 holding midfielders with a back 3 and Tielemans along with Maddison are probably our main creative threats

Perez isn't weak he just has the Spanish mentality of when you feel contact go down, that's their footballing culture and the majority of the time refs give the fouls
Except that in Perez's case, they don't. That's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710