Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The signing of Perez was a bit baffling in my opinion.

We play with one up front so there’s no space for him there. His best position is behind the striker but we have Maddison in that position (and I think it’s a load of nonsense that Perez is better than Maddison in that position).

So that then leaves him to play on the right side which he did ok at but not his best position. We could have got a better, more natural right wing player, for the money we paid.

In my opinion, Maddison is of those players that does well when the going is good and disappears when it gets tough.

I think he was our least creative player in the second half of the season which is some going for someone that took practically every set piece.

In my opinion, Maddison is of those players that does well when the going is good and disappears when it gets tough.

I think he was our least creative player in the second half of the season which is some going for someone that took practically every set piece.
given the ended up having that hip operation you wonder how long it was a problem and why it wasn't taken care of sooner

He missed the last 6 games and played on the left wing for some.

I think it's pretty clear that ever since he has signed for us, Maddison has been by far our most creative player.

He's still fairly young so bound to have the occasional dip in form.

Just over 3 weeks to go and we aren’t at this rate going to be remotely better than the piss poor team that got ritualistically humiliated in almost every post lockdown game. If we don’t take some pretty urgent steps we will have a season hovering above relegation (if we are lucky).

Well if were to sell Chilwell and Maddison and play Thomas and Perez instead we will probably closer to relegation than winning the league.

I'd love to sign Florian Thauvin. Excellent drive, ability and technique. He didn't do too well at Newcastle but he was injured for a bit to be fair. Plus it's Newcastle.

Apparently available for £20m which os a bargain in today's market imo. Very similar to Mahrez in that he plays on the right and cuts in a lot with plenty of tricks and a bit of a wow factor. Not as good as Paul Gallagher but could do a job.

I'd love to sign Florian Thauvin. Excellent drive, ability and technique. He didn't do too well at Newcastle but he was injured for a bit to be fair. Plus it's Newcastle.

Apparently available for £20m which os a bargain in today's market imo. Very similar to Mahrez in that he plays on the right and cuts in a lot with plenty of tricks and a bit of a wow factor. Not as good as Paul Gallagher but could do a job.
NO ONE is as good as Paul Gallagher!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610