Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s that then as far as Chilwell goes. Weird how when we sell these players we never replace them with the same quality. All we are doing is going backwards in gradual steps IMO.

If we are letting him go now, then we must have someone lined up

£50/55 million is about his right price imo

I wish we'd hit the £60m mark but with covid affecting the market, plus missing out on CL football, I guess it's about right. It must be the highest ever fee for an academy player we've ever had by a long stretch. Heskey being number 2?

I hope with add-ons it reaches £60m but you never know. I think for £40m which i've seen thrown around, it'll be a real shame that he goes as he could become the next Ashley Cole.

Tagliafico is a top replacement btw. Stellar player who is yet to peak. European experience as well. We need a good replacement, but we also need a creative dynamite and fast. Can't believe we're starting 20/21 and we haven't replaced Mahrez yet.

A very fair price.

If he was any nationality other than English he wouldn't be half that

Tagliafico is a top replacement btw. Stellar player who is yet to peak. European experience as well. We need a good replacement, but we also need a creative dynamite and fast. Can't believe we're starting 20/21 and we haven't replaced Mahrez yet.
Me neither. Not even with someone with half the quality.

Gutted if he goes and gutted at the reported fee. And gutted that, yet again, we're strengthening one of the sides we're supposed to be competing with.

Absolutely this

I didn’t think Newcastle were in for him?

Not this. Just **** off with this negative shit. So bored of it.

We finished 5th. We hope to do roughly the same again. Yes, Chelsea are competitors.

If we get £50m for Chilwell, someone deserves a ****ing raise. That's excellent business. Replace him with Tagliafico and it'll be a cracking deal for all concerned....

...except Chelsea.

That’s that then as far as Chilwell goes. Weird how when we sell these players we never replace them with the same quality. All we are doing is going backwards in gradual steps IMO.
Soyuncu is at least of equal quality to Maguire.

I really hope we do everything we possibly can to make this happen, and make sure they don’t give up on the deal

Don't walk away, Rennes....

I think they want him a lot and we want to sell him a lot.

Remember, he may not have been given a chance/done well in the Premier League but last season he scored 9 goals AND registered 7 assists in just 18 matches in Ligue 1. The stats don't lie, he did unbelievably well in 18 matches and Rennes play in that division. If they get anything close to those figures for £9m for a couple of seasons it's excellent business all round.

If he'd have attained those stats in the PL, he'd be considered a world-beater and would be wanted by loads of teams so absurd as it may sound to us, he's probably wanted by a tonne of French teams! Get the £9m and add it to the kitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00