Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not this. Just **** off with this negative shit. So bored of it.

We finished 5th. We hope to do roughly the same again. Yes, Chelsea are competitors.
You’re delusional if you think we’ll be anywhere near Chelsea next season, Chilwell or no Chilwell.

Even Watford won more points then we did over the second half of the season. With little break, no money to strengthen the team and European football thrown in the mix, there’s nothing to suggest we won’t continue as we left off.

Maybe I’m completely wrong but I’m not looking forward to next season at all, I think it’ll ultimately lead to disappointment.

You’re delusional if you think we’ll be anywhere near Chelsea next season, Chilwell or no Chilwell.

Even Watford won more points then we did over the second half of the season. With little break, no money to strengthen the team and European football thrown in the mix, there’s nothing to suggest we won’t continue as we left off.

Maybe I’m completely wrong but I’m not looking forward to next season at all, I think it’ll ultimately lead to disappointment.

Should be an exciting season, however, the last 6 months of cowardly shit has seriously removed any positivity I had.

This lot battling on 2 fronts won't be fun.

Thank **** there are still no fans allowed in the grounds with some of the negative attitudes around here.

Thank **** there are still no fans allowed in the grounds with some of the negative attitudes around here.
Yeah because we all go there to boo, obviously.

Chillwell is a massive loss though as he is so crucial to our attacking play.

Doubley compounded by the fact we are yet again weakening ourselves to strengthen another team in the same league.

Barnes and Perez (or whoever the wide attackers are) are going to need to massively up their games at the start of the season with Chilwell gone and Ricardo out.

I bet there can't be many full backs in the league who cover as much ground as they do.

theres been some strong commentary on the lack of spending from the non oligarch clubs whos funding is based on more traditional businesses. Based on that Chelsea and Man City are doubling down to get nearer to Liverpool and Man Utd have been touted as in the market for Sancho, multiple centrebacks and others.
Arsenal, Everton, Spurs and Wolves (the group we share more in common with on average) are very quiet in the market and have been trying to keep hold of ket players. Aubameyang, Richarlison, Kane and Jimenez.
If we need to sell Chilwell in order to get Tagliafico and 1 or 2 others then thats the way it has to be.

Maybe Maddison doesn't fit into BR'S system off 4231 if Perez is the better number 10 as nowhere else to play Maddison in that system. Irrelevant anyway as BR won't drop Maddison in place of Perez.
Probably because Maddison is a far better and creative player? BR is trying to fit everyone into his system, some of the players will have to be comfortable with the bench.
Whether it is Perez or Maddison I agree with you BR needs to make a decision, or he changes formation to exploit Maddison and allow Vardy benefit.

Chillwell is a massive loss though as he is so crucial to our attacking play.

Doubley compounded by the fact we are yet again weakening ourselves to strengthen another team in the same league.

Barnes and Perez (or whoever the wide attackers are) are going to need to massively up their games at the start of the season with Chilwell gone and Ricardo out.

I bet there can't be many full backs in the league who cover as much ground as they do.
Chillwell was crucial to our attacking play ??!!?? His crossing was woeful and his control sub standard. As soon as Ricardo is fighting fit the better.

Chillwell was crucial to our attacking play ??!!?? His crossing was woeful and his control sub standard. As soon as Ricardo is fighting fit the better.

Agree about Ricardo but unfortunately that will offer nothing to solve the left back issue.....

Chilwell may not put a cross in like Becks every time but its not just about the crossing. As I say, I can't imagine there are many that cover as much ground as he does and having a full back provide an overlapping run provides more space for the winger to exploit.

Barnes struggles when he has a defender stand him up or marks him tightly and is much better when he has space to attack - Chilwell is crucial to providing this.

Sure he could do better in some instances but that is what happens with younger players. Yes he may have played 3 seasons with us now but that is probably a 5th of his playing career so has plenty of time to improve.

Why some think it is a good idea to let a rival take him from and let him develop there is a bit baffling to me. Even more so when we have no replacement lined up, the back up is at the end of his career who many were shocked got a new contract and is also injured plus a kid who is now way ready to be a PL regular.

A lot of people were moaning at the end of last season about a supposed little old Leicester mentality but are now celebrating this fact.

He also appears to be a well liked member of the squad (whether you like the personal lives or not) so there is also bound to be some disappointment from the rest of the squad.

Can't really see any positives for us with this transfer at the moment.

Agree about Ricardo but unfortunately that will offer nothing to solve the left back issue.....

Chilwell may not put a cross in like Becks every time but its not just about the crossing. As I say, I can't imagine there are many that cover as much ground as he does and having a full back provide an overlapping run provides more space for the winger to exploit.

Barnes struggles when he has a defender stand him up or marks him tightly and is much better when he has space to attack - Chilwell is crucial to providing this.

Sure he could do better in some instances but that is what happens with younger players. Yes he may have played 3 seasons with us now but that is probably a 5th of his playing career so has plenty of time to improve.

Why some think it is a good idea to let a rival take him from and let him develop there is a bit baffling to me. Even more so when we have no replacement lined up, the back up is at the end of his career who many were shocked got a new contract and is also injured plus a kid who is now way ready to be a PL regular.

A lot of people were moaning at the end of last season about a supposed little old Leicester mentality but are now celebrating this fact.

He also appears to be a well liked member of the squad (whether you like the personal lives or not) so there is also bound to be some disappointment from the rest of the squad.

Can't really see any positives for us with this transfer at the moment.
What makes you think he will develop any further at Chelsea? He sure as hell hasn't developed any further for us during the last 3 seasons. He doesn't seem to want to play for us anymore and he's not much of a loss to us in terms of defending or crossing the ball. Reports are suggesting that we will be getting a ridiculous wedge of cash for him and we have identified a replacement in Tagliafico. Add to that a young, hungry, talented player waiting in the wings who has impressed in his couple of PL starts and all looks well to me.

Can't really see any negatives for us with this transfer at the moment.

Chilwell has a higher tackle success % and also higher crossing accuracy % than Ricardo though.....

Chilwell has a higher tackle success % and also higher crossing accuracy % than Ricardo though.....

He also has fewer blocks, fewer tackles, fewer tackles won and fewer clearances than Jamal Lewis. Statistics really don't offer a full picture of anything.

He also has fewer blocks, fewer tackles, fewer tackles won and fewer clearances than Jamal Lewis. Statistics really don't offer a full picture of anything.

Well I think playing for the bottom of the table team has a large bearing on that - fairly obvious that a team defending more and facing more shots, those stats should be higher.

Another stat for you - Chilwell had 3 goals and 3 assists last season, Ricardo had 3 goals but only 2 assists and Ricardo played more minutes.

Stats don't lie.

People can talk absolute bollocks though.

Well I think playing for the bottom of the table team has a large bearing on that - fairly obvious that a team defending more and facing more shots, those stats should be higher.

Another stat for you - Chilwell had 3 goals and 3 assists last season, Ricardo had 3 goals but only 2 assists and Ricardo played more minutes.

Stats don't lie.

People can talk absolute bollocks though.
Are you deliberately missing the irony here or do I need to lend you a crayon to work it out?

What about how many attacks came down the left and the right?

What about how many passes went out to the left or to the right?

What about the quality of the LB and RB either of our fullbacks were against?

The point you are criticising is exactly the point I was making. There are lies, damned lies and statistics. Get it yet?

Haha.

But Chilwell and Ricardo are in the same team and I was comparing % so completely valid.

You started with the apples and oranges stuff.

I was just surprised at the stats considering the amount that gets posted about how Chilwell can't defend or cross and if we had a left footed Ricardo we would be much better off.

It's not my fault that the facts don't support your belief.

Not sure how I feel about this yet. I think alot will depend on the replacement. As for comparing Ricardo and Chilwell it is no contest for me. Ricardo is far superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00