Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted stats about Barnes scoring and chances created yet when you look at his crossing success rate ( he is a winger and that is a fundemaental of being a winger) he is shocking, so stats can be what they are subjective. however I completely agree that selling Chillwell to Chelski is not a good option, but if he does not want to be here then I guess we sell.

As long we sign two wingers that create chances for the team and track back out of Chillwell's money that is a Brucey Bonus imo. We have around 4 players in the first eleven that are top 6 standard the rest are good championship or lower Premiere league level.
It’s Brucie

You don’t understand the flaw in your own statistics which is brilliant. I’ll play along though because I’m a bit bored at the moment.

Jamal Lewis has a tackle success rate of 69% which is higher than Chilwell. Now, in your example, this would make him a better defender. I know you will say that you are only comparing players from the same team but I am comparing like for like in terms of position and the opposition played against for the most part. If you take out the numbers and work solely on percentages, this is what you come out with.

I’m pretty sure you won’t understand this either but feel free to turn around and have another go as it is thoroughly entertaining. I’ll try not to hurt your feelings this time, precious.

And you are just imagining something I am not saying.

People say Chilwell can't defend and can't cross but that is simply not true, has has been more successful in tackling, has provide more accurate crosses and also more assists than Ricardo, someone who we all agree is a very good player.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, just using facts to disprove the bollocks that Chilwell can't defend or cross.

If you think Chilwell can't defend or cross but he is statistically better at both than someone who you belive is very good then you clearly have some crossed wires somewhere.

Either they are both shit, which is clearly not true, or they are both very good players.

I understand you're constantly trying to twist things but you have still yet to show anything to back up the belief that Chilwell cannot defend or cross.

People say Chilwell can't defend and can't cross but that is simply not true, has has been more successful in tackling, has provide more accurate crosses and also more assists than Ricardo, someone who we all agree is a very good player.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, just using facts to disprove the bollocks that Chilwell can't defend or cross.

If you think Chilwell can't defend or cross but he is statistically better at both than someone who you belive is very good then you clearly have some crossed wires somewhere.

Either they are both shit, which is clearly not true, or they are both very good players.

I understand you're constantly trying to twist things but you have still yet to show anything to back up the belief that Chilwell cannot defend or cross.

You're wasting your time... Chilwell divides opinions and no amount of stats is going to change that.

Oh my. You still don't understand the simplest of concepts. You MUST be doing this on purpose otherwise.... Just go back and read these few posts again, for your own sake. It's like you are a statistical analyst for the Trump campaign. It's brilliant!!

The majority of defensive stats are favourable for Ricardo and some categories aren't even close. Ricardo demolishes Chilwell in tackles, interceptions, clearances, headed clearances, duels won, percentage of duels lost, successful 50-50s and clearances off the line. He also has more clean sheets, less goals conceded and more recoveries.

Chilwell wins in some categories, notably in ariel battles where he's won 60% of his 94 compared to 48% of Ricardo's 88. I think the only other category Chilwell wins in is percentage of tackles won but it's only 57% to 60% in Chilwell's favour. However, he's only managed to make just over a third of the number of tackles that Ricardo had made so that stat is almost irrelevant in this sense.

Ricardo has played one more match than Chilwell, which doesn't necessarily justify the extra clean sheet and one less goal Ricardo has conceded because it works both ways, that extra match could've swung against Ricardo's stats. But the fact that he has only played one more match than Chilwell does demonstrate clearly that Ricardo is signicantly better as a defender as in just one more match he has registered much better stats defensively and much higher numbers.

On the whole it's clear that Ricardo is FAR superior to Chilwell in almost all aspects of defending. Attacking it's more close, but a wing back's job first and foremost is to defend. Yes, nowadays they must also be able to attack but it's pointless having a wing back who can only attack and not defend - that's just a straight out winger which Chilwell is not. Also it's not as if Chilwell attacks as well as one of the best in the league - Trent A-A.

It is important to note that Ricardo has much more to his game that stats cannot display. His positioning is significantly better (resulting in higher tackles as he'sin the right position to be making them as opposed to chasing players), he's faster (imo), more skillful and is more of an enigma to the team and for the crowd which can swing a game.

I'm not happy at losing Chilwell as I think he'll only get better. But we want players who want to play for us as it affects the team overall. If he wants to go then fine. £60m for him is excellent business for where he is right now. He may well become a world-beater but that's not where he's at right now. Also as an academy prospect, almost all of that is profit which is phenomenal. Let's churn out some more.

I'm just glad no one is in for Ricardo. Let's hope we can keep hold of him. As you and Brown Nose have fairly pointed out, finding a competent wing-back isn't easy.

Last edited:
The majority of defensive stats are favourable for Ricardo and some categories aren't even close. Ricardo demolishes Chilwell in tackles, interceptions, clearances, headed clearances, duels won, percentage of duels lost, successful 50-50s and clearances off the line. He also has more clean sheets, less goals conceded and more recoveries.

Chilwell wins in some categories, notably in ariel battles where he's won 60% of his 94 compared to 48% of Ricardo's 88. I think the only other category Chilwell wins in is percentage of tackles won but it's only 57% to 60% in Chilwell's favour. However, he's only managed to make just over a third of the number of tackles that Ricardo had made so that stat is almost irrelevant in this sense.

Ricardo has played one more match than Chilwell, which doesn't necessarily justify the extra clean sheet and one less goal Ricardo has conceded because it works both ways, that extra match could've swung against Ricardo's stats. But the fact that he has only played one more match than Chilwell does demonstrate clearly that Ricardo is signicantly better as a defender as in just one more match he has registered much better stats defensively and much higher numbers.

On the whole it's clear that Ricardo is FAR superior to Chilwell in almost all aspects of defending. Attacking it's more close, but a wing back's job first and foremost is to defend. Yes, nowadays they must also be able to attack but it's pointless having a wing back who can only attack and not defend - that's just a straight out winger which Chilwell is not. Also it's not as if Chilwell attacks as well as one of the best in the league - Trent A-A.

It is important to note that Ricardo has much more to his game that stats cannot display. His positioning is significantly better (resulting in higher tackles as he'sin the right position to be making them as opposed to chasing players), he's faster (imo), more skillful and is more of an enigma to the team and for the crowd which can swing a game.

I'm not happy at losing Chilwell as I think he'll only get better. But we want players who want to play for us as it affects the team overall. If he wants to go then fine. £60m for him is excellent business for where he is right now. He may well become a world-beater but that's not where he's at right now. Also as an academy prospect, almost all of that is profit which is phenomenal. Let's churn out some more.

I'm just glad no one is in for Ricardo. Let's hope we can keep hold of him. As you and Brown Nose have fairly pointed out, finding a competent wing-back isn't easy.
Now you, my friend, understand how to use statistics and how to take them with a pinch of salt.

if we started the season with anything like this how would everyone feel

Schmeichel
Justin Evans Soyuncu Tagliafico
Ndidi Tielemans
Brooks Maddison McNeil
Vardy

subs: Kabak, Thomas, Barnes, Iheanacho, Praet, Hirst, Albrighton, Choudhury, Ward

if we started the season with anything like this how would everyone feel

Schmeichel
Justin Evans Soyuncu Tagliafico
Ndidi Tielemans
Brooks Maddison McNeil
Vardy

subs: Kabak, Thomas, Barnes, Iheanacho, Praet, Hirst, Albrighton, Choudhury, Ward
Did Perez shit in your car or something? He doesn’t even make the bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00