Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t like it.

Kante - strengthening a direct competitor.
Drinkwater - as it pans out we weakened ourselves short term rather than strengthen a competitor
Mahrez - strengthened a direct competitor and never replaced him with an ounce of the same quality. Should not have sold him until we had a proper replacement not fake Razor Ramon
Maguire - Strengthened a competitor and weakened ourselves
Chilwell - Same again.

I could perhaps accept it if we sold to clubs in different leagues, but we don’t do that. We sell our best assets to teams we are competing against.

we can always buy someone else... and if they are any good sell them to ****ing Chelsea too.

Haha.

But Chilwell and Ricardo are in the same team and I was comparing % so completely valid.

You started with the apples and oranges stuff.

I was just surprised at the stats considering the amount that gets posted about how Chilwell can't defend or cross and if we had a left footed Ricardo we would be much better off.

It's not my fault that the facts don't support your belief.
Just because you still don't understand, I'll write it again:

What about how many attacks came down the left and the right?

What about how many passes went out to the left or to the right?

What about the quality of the LB and RB either of our fullbacks were against?

Do you see yet, why you can't just compare stats and get an answer? If you don't get it this time, there's nothing else I can do for you other than direct you to an evening class.

Not sure how I feel about this yet. I think alot will depend on the replacement. As for comparing Ricardo and Chilwell it is no contest for me. Ricardo is far superior.
Of course he is. M17TT has a smashing set of statistics to prove you wrong though.

I don’t like it.

Kante - strengthening a direct competitor.
Drinkwater - as it pans out we weakened ourselves short term rather than strengthen a competitor
Mahrez - strengthened a direct competitor and never replaced him with an ounce of the same quality. Should not have sold him until we had a proper replacement not fake Razor Ramon
Maguire - Strengthened a competitor and weakened ourselves
Chilwell - Same again.

I could perhaps accept it if we sold to clubs in different leagues, but we don’t do that. We sell our best assets to teams we are competing against.

we can always buy someone else... and if they are any good sell them to ****ing Chelsea too.
Kante had a buy out clause. We had no choice.
We were never going to get a replacement for Mahrez. He was a one off for us.
Soyuncu is better than Maguire.
We were laughing all the way to the bank with the Drinkwater deal.
With Chilwell, let's wait and see who the replacement is and how he gets on at Chelsea.

What makes you think he will develop any further at Chelsea? He sure as hell hasn't developed any further for us during the last 3 seasons. He doesn't seem to want to play for us anymore and he's not much of a loss to us in terms of defending or crossing the ball. Reports are suggesting that we will be getting a ridiculous wedge of cash for him and we have identified a replacement in Tagliafico. Add to that a young, hungry, talented player waiting in the wings who has impressed in his couple of PL starts and all looks well to me.

Can't really see any negatives for us with this transfer at the moment.
He has definitely improved over 3 seasons. Not fair to say he hasn’t.

Just because you still don't understand, I'll write it again:

What about how many attacks came down the left and the right?

What about how many passes went out to the left or to the right?

What about the quality of the LB and RB either of our fullbacks were against?

Do you see yet, why you can't just compare stats and get an answer? If you don't get it this time, there's nothing else I can do for you other than direct you to an evening class.

But I'm not comparing totals, it's %.

As %, Chilwell is more successful in tackling and is more accurate at crossing than Ricardo.

I've not made the stats up, just wondered how true the notion from many on here that Chilwell can't defend or cross was.

Well all agree that Ricardo is a fantastic right back, if not the best we have had, but based on the statistics, Chilwell is more successful than he is at tackling and crossing.

And the poor attempts at trying to belittle me really don't help prove your point at all.

As %, Chilwell is more successful in tackling and is more accurate at crossing than Ricardo.

I've not made the stats up, just wondered how true the notion from many on here that Chilwell can't defend or cross was.

Well all agree that Ricardo is a fantastic right back, if not the best we have had, but based on the statistics, Chilwell is more successful than he is at tackling and crossing.

And the poor attempts at trying to belittle me really don't help prove your point at all.
That stat is useless unless you can quantify numbers. If Chilwell has to make 50 tackles and is successful in 25 of these his success percentage is 50%. If Ricardo has to make 150 tackles and is successful in 60 of these, his success percentage is 40% but he's had far, far more problems to have to cope with. It also doesn't take into account who they were playing against in terms of opposition full backs. It also doesn't quantify what 'success' is in a cross. Is it just that it goes to a player from the same team? If so, that is no signal of quality. Is it that they create a goal scoring chance?

Use statistics all you like to try and prove your point but I'd also recommend using your brain and what you actually see on the pitch as well.

That stat is useless unless you can quantify numbers. If Chilwell has to make 50 tackles and is successful in 25 of these his success percentage is 50%. If Ricardo has to make 150 tackles and is successful in 60 of these, his success percentage is 40% but he's had far, far more problems to have to cope with. It also doesn't take into account who they were playing against in terms of opposition full backs. It also doesn't quantify what 'success' is in a cross. Is it just that it goes to a player from the same team? If so, that is no signal of quality. Is it that they create a goal scoring chance?

Use statistics all you like to try and prove your point but I'd also recommend using your brain and what you actually see on the pitch as well.
Just to add, it also doesn't tell us what happened after the tackle; whether the ball was lost again immediately or whether the tackler did something productive with it.

Stop looking at stats, please FFS, or BN will bring back the xg thread

Use your own eyes (if you actually watch the games)

Chilwell is a good player, and he’s not as easy to replace as you might think. But it’s certainly doable, because he’s just good not brilliant.

But to compare him to Ricardo is completely ridiculous, bordering on the insane - in my own opinion, based purely on observation.

Chilwell is a good player, and he’s not as easy to replace as you might think. But it’s certainly doable, because he’s just good not brilliant.

But to compare him to Ricardo is completely ridiculous, bordering on the insane - in my own opinion, based purely on observation.
My God, the xG thread..... okay, I'll stop, I promise.

Bang on. And I can't believe anyone who watches us on a regular basis could draw any other conclusion.

But it isn't.

It shows he is more successful at tackling in comparison to another player.

You can try and twist things as much as you like there is little to support the ill founded belief that Chilwell cannot defend or cross.

Someone else said we'd be much better when Ricardo is back but the facts show they are equally as important to the team.

Carry on with the personal attacks as it shows how wound up you are getting by this and how you have nothing to back up your opinion with.

I've used my brain, not my heart.

Soyuncu is better than Maguire.

Yes he is. And the starting 11 is stronger with Soyuncu in the side instead of Maguire. But it is a fact that we weakened our squad by selling Maguire.

But it isn't.

It shows he is more successful at tackling in comparison to another player.

You can try and twist things as much as you like there is little to support the ill founded belief that Chilwell cannot defend or cross.

Someone else said we'd be much better when Ricardo is back but the facts show they are equally as important to the team.

Carry on with the personal attacks as it shows how wound up you are getting by this and how you have nothing to back up your opinion with.

I've used my brain, not my heart.

You don’t understand the flaw in your own statistics which is brilliant. I’ll play along though because I’m a bit bored at the moment.

Jamal Lewis has a tackle success rate of 69% which is higher than Chilwell. Now, in your example, this would make him a better defender. I know you will say that you are only comparing players from the same team but I am comparing like for like in terms of position and the opposition played against for the most part. If you take out the numbers and work solely on percentages, this is what you come out with.

I’m pretty sure you won’t understand this either but feel free to turn around and have another go as it is thoroughly entertaining. I’ll try not to hurt your feelings this time, precious.

Tagliafico is a fine replacement and a possible improvement. He's going to cost a big wedge of the money we just gained through.

I'd sooner we kept Chilwell, especially the point about improving other sides...but if we are to replace him we need to do so properly.

Someone posted stats about Barnes scoring and chances created yet when you look at his crossing success rate ( he is a winger and that is a fundemaental of being a winger) he is shocking, so stats can be what they are subjective. however I completely agree that selling Chillwell to Chelski is not a good option, but if he does not want to be here then I guess we sell.

As long we sign two wingers that create chances for the team and track back out of Chillwell's money that is a Brucey Bonus imo. We have around 4 players in the first eleven that are top 6 standard the rest are good championship or lower Premiere league level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00