Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree with the principle of what you & BN are saying,
The real problem in the Chilwell saga is that his head has been turned. It won't be long before he's sitting in motorway service areas not knowing from which direction to expect his call.

If he was good enough, he’d have been given the games here.

I don’t want to hear anything about “match fitness” considering Bennett hadn’t played a game for 6 months when he started playing for us.

He was given games in the cup. When he went out on loan I think we had the second best defensive record in the division. There's no way he'd have got ahead of Soyuncu or Evans.

I don’t want to hear anything about “match fitness” considering Bennett hadn’t played a game for 6 months when he started playing for us.

That's what happens when players are 4th/5th choice for a position. Benkovic is a young player and still learning. He'd have learnt more out on loan than he would playing for our under 23s.

We signed Bennett as a backup that we hoped we wouldn't need.

Unfortunately, as things went, we did need him. But he still didn't even start the 5 games required to trigger an automatic purchase.

Benkovic would've learnt a lot more out on loan playing regularly than he would've done sat in our U23s waiting for an opportunity.

And those games for Bennett were still more than we expected.

If it wasn't for Ricardo, Chilwell and Soyuncu all being out, then Bennett wouldn't have even got as many games as he did.

Rave reviews of Benkovic's performances towards the end of last season. The Championship is a tough league and any CB who does well there may plausibly do well in the PL. It's not like the lower leagues or some random foreign league; they play fast and hard in the Championship.

I believe he'll be used next season and become a regular in the next season or two.

On one hand you want to give youth a chance but on the other one is your post above.

WE need to give him game time, not WBA or alike.

Promoting 1 or 2 development players into the first team squad then playing them is the perfect strategy IMO.

I want to make the gap between the U23s and the first team easier. However that isn't the same as just putting kids into our starting 11 and crossing our fingers.

I'd always have a couple of U23s on the bench. But it's obvious to me that Thomas needs playing experience before he's ready to be first choice.

Thomas looks a great prospect but lots of players have looked good in the first few games so no need to get ahead of ourselves here.

He put a couple of decent crosses in and was solid but certainly not spectacular and was involved with 2 of the goals conceded at spurs. Considering he was chucked in from no where due to injuries, the performances were quite remarkable but he's not ready to be relied on as first choice for a team pushing for Europe.

A loan move to a championship team where he will play regularly will benefit him much more than being on the bench at best here next year.

We have more games next season, he will be needed here simple as that.

We aren't going to go and buy 2 left backs

Thomas should be involved and around the squad, but not relied on regularly whether Chilwell goes or not.

Give him cup games, give him some easy EL games. But he's not ready to be a regular for us yet.

A lot of people got very carried away from seeing him in a couple of games at the end of the season.

Yes we planned to use Benkovic. That’s why we shipped him out on loan....

Other than that, great point well made...
he was injured last preseason so missed out on the chance to get the place, then lets face it Wes, so long as he is here will be the CB that's on the bench, we loaned him out to get him games, had we known we'd lose 3 of our back 4 he would have stayed here

the latest bullshit

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/08...ement-for-chelsea-target-ben-chilwell/465633/

Leicester City are in talks to sign Ajax full-back Nicolas Tagliafico as a potential replacement for Chelsea target Ben Chilwell this summer.

The 27-year-old Ajax defender has been linked with a move away from the Dutch champions since he played a pivotal role in their run in the Champions League last season.

Tagliafico’s stock has been on the rise and he has regularly been on the radar of some of the top Premier League clubs.

And it has been claimed that Leicester are prepared to launch a bid to take the full-back to the Premier League during the ongoing summer transfer window.

According to Italian outlet Calciomercato.it, negotiations are under way between Leicester and his representatives over the possibility of him moving to the King Power Stadium.

Leicester are wary of losing Chilwell, who is wanted at Chelsea, and are preparing for the possibility of the Englishman moving.

The Foxes have refused to budge from their £80m valuation of Chilwell but are acutely aware that his head may have been turned by Chelsea’s interest.

They are putting in contingency plans in place should he leave and Tagliafico is their top target to replace the England international.

Ajax are prepared to sell the full-back but have set a €45m asking price for him.

the latest bullshit

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/08...ement-for-chelsea-target-ben-chilwell/465633/

Leicester City are in talks to sign Ajax full-back Nicolas Tagliafico as a potential replacement for Chelsea target Ben Chilwell this summer.

The 27-year-old Ajax defender has been linked with a move away from the Dutch champions since he played a pivotal role in their run in the Champions League last season.

Tagliafico’s stock has been on the rise and he has regularly been on the radar of some of the top Premier League clubs.

And it has been claimed that Leicester are prepared to launch a bid to take the full-back to the Premier League during the ongoing summer transfer window.

According to Italian outlet Calciomercato.it, negotiations are under way between Leicester and his representatives over the possibility of him moving to the King Power Stadium.

Leicester are wary of losing Chilwell, who is wanted at Chelsea, and are preparing for the possibility of the Englishman moving.

The Foxes have refused to budge from their £80m valuation of Chilwell but are acutely aware that his head may have been turned by Chelsea’s interest.

They are putting in contingency plans in place should he leave and Tagliafico is their top target to replace the England international.

Ajax are prepared to sell the full-back but have set a €45m asking price for him.

Much more palatable target than Lewis at least.

We last signed someone (Praet) on the 8th August 2019.

None of the other 19 PL teams for 20/21 have gone longer since making a permanent signing.

I'd be surprised if we have gone longer without making a signing for many, many years. It didn't even happen during our administration in 2002/03.

We have resigned Morgan, Jakupovic and Fuchs - which is odd. We've offered a contract to Mendy despite him not being needed until very recently. We even appear to have even offered Andy King to train with us.

The only genuine link I've seen is the one reported for Trincao as the source was so solid. That was a loan deal.
Every other link has had the whiff of bollocks about it.

Putting 2+2 together, are we skint? It could be. Either that or Congerton is pocketing our budget.

Have Morgan, Fuchs and Jakupovic signed. I know we offered them extensions but don't remember reading a confirmation that they had signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710