Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having got a look at Luke Thomas last year I'd say we've already got a half decent replacement on the books too. Would be great for his development getting into the first team and he looks more than capable. I think people go a bit OTT with the Chilwell hate, he's decent but £65m would be a great deal where we could spend in areas that we need it to improve on...

we already need another left back if we sell Chilwell we need 2
We really don’t with Chilwell, Fuchs and Thomas. Justin can also play there.

If we sell Chilwell we will need one, not two.

Weaken our team and strengthen a direct competitor.

Don't see the excitement behind this, especially as people seem to have little to no faith in our recruitment.

We'd be stupid if we sell before getting a replacement in first too.

We really don’t with Chilwell, Fuchs and Thomas. Justin can also play there.

If we sell Chilwell we will need one, not two.
Fuchs is out until November and running on fumes, frankly neither he nor Wes should be at the club anymore on ability, Thomas needs to be playing so out on loan and Justin will be needed at right back for some time yet as Ricardo is recovering from doing his ACL too so yes we do

Don't see the excitement behind this, especially as people seem to have little to no faith in our recruitment.

If this was last summer I'd agree with that. This season i really don't see us competing for places with Chelsea.

If this was last summer I'd agree with that. This season i really don't see us competing for places with Chelsea.

Indeed

Had we sold him to Palace or Newcastle I’d be a bit more concerned

If true £65 million for Chilwell is a very good fee especially the way the world is at the moment, we need to have a poker face when buying his replacement, hopefully we can take advantage of another clubs financial uncertainty, Jamal Lewis would be good, Norwich wanted to Furlough employees they don't have rich owners and they have reduced income now.
£65m. Talk.about having their pants down if the fee is anywhere near that. Take it, take it, take it...

He won't strengthen Chelsea that much. At least we know that we will be guaranteed to get umpteen crosses into their area and won't have to defend many into ours when we play them.

Fuchs is out until November and running on fumes, frankly neither he nor Wes should be at the club anymore on ability, Thomas needs to be playing so out on loan and Justin will be needed at right back for some time yet as Ricardo is recovering from doing his ACL too so yes we do
Fuchs looked absolutely fine when he played. Maybe we should play Thomas instead of loaning him out for some strange reason. Justin will be needed until Ricardo is fit and then he can be a replacement for either side. We certainly don't need 2 more LBs. One will suffice.

I hate our selling club mentality. The message is loud and clear, we still capitulate when a ‘big’ club comes in.

anyway, **** off now son. We’ll buy someone better.

Loan out a left back who could play for the first team or be a first choice back-up, and then because of that decision have to spend money on an additional left-back. That doesn’t make much economic sense. Nor does when the left-back we loaned out returns to the club he will then have an additional player blocking his pathway to the first-team.

How about we just don’t loan Thomas out?

Loan out a left back who could play for the first team or be a first choice back-up, and then because of that decision have to spend money on an additional left-back. That doesn’t make much economic sense. Nor does when the left-back we loaned out returns to the club he will then have an additional player blocking his pathway to the first-team.

How about we just don’t loan Thomas out?
I don't think Thomas is ready for regular premier league football and would benefit from a loan in the championship where he is expected to be the regular left back

I don't think Thomas is ready for regular premier league football and would benefit from a loan in the championship where he is expected to be the regular left back
Maybe you don't, although I don't know how you came to that conclusion having watched him play. The club however....

It would be ludicrous to loan him out after he did so well in his appearances, if Chilwell goes. We'd be passing money up the wall.

lets not act like him playing was some plan they were forced into it, he was our 5th option for that spot after Chilwell, Justin, Fuchs and Albrighton, if they thought he was ready for regular premier League football Fuchs wouldn't still be here taking up wages and a spot in the 25 man squad that could be used elsewhere.

If Luke Thomas ends up being our starting left back next season it is a massive gamble and most likely the club taking the cheap option

I would keep Chilwell for another season. He is still learning and improving. I think he's likely to be worth more and more mega clubs will be after him with another season with us.

That would allow us to send Thomas on loan for the season to the Championship for regular football. At the end of the season, it will be clear whether he's ready or not.

Selling Chilwell this summer is the wrong move for me and I don't think we'll do it.

£65 million is a lot for Chilwell and I believe with performances Thomas will be better.

Throw him into the first team and we’ll see how good he is. Loaning him out or ignoring his couple of games at the end of the season send an awful message to players wanting to break through.

Intersperse his appearances with others and we may just have a fabulous talent on our books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566