Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d heard that we bought him out of the last year of his contract. Transfer fee we paid plus 4 years wages at £70k pw with no return was, in hindsight, a huge mistake.

I wonder how different things might have been if we'd just got that paperwork in 15 seconds earlier...

Certainly didn't help him

So it seems like most of you have written Under off as another Demarai Gray and an average signing at best, based off of a video and some stats. How about we let him play a decent number of first-team games and then form an opinion?

So it seems like most of you have written Under off as another Demarai Gray and an average signing at best, based off of a video and some stats. How about we let him play a decent number of first-team games and then form an opinion?
Radical ****er...

Good call

Except that, bar one or two random comments, nobody has actually made that judgement at all

But good call anyway...

Good call

Except that, bar one or two random comments, nobody has actually made that judgement at all

But good call anyway...

Right? I made that comment that said the video made him look like that, but immediately followed that by saying we shouldn't judge by a video - my comment was more on who created the video!

I'm excited for this signing, and just glad to be getting a winger.

Seems like it's very close, and if we can get him and Fofana in before the end of the week/early next then we've covered off the key positions we need with time to spare.

It would be nice if there's also budget to spare to bring in another winger/striker too.

Then we can offload Gray... Who unfortunately still is a Demarai Gray...

Well, it seems he was in high demand in December 2018 with some accounts saying that Manchester United and Chelsea were willing to spend £60m on him. Maybe he threw his toys out of the pram after not getting his big move hence his stats since. Who knows but I am excited by it.

I don’t think anyone has written him off at all. We have just observed that his stats aren’t great. Hopefully he can improve.

When we sign Cengiz Under, he'll be a headline writers dream. Guesses on those that will be seen? I'll start us off with:

"Under Suspicion" when he gets caught out diving to try to win a penalty.

"Snowed Under" when pictured wearing gloves and a snood playing for us in wintery conditions.

or even

"Under Milk Wood" when he is photgraphed pushing Chris in the chest against Burnley.

When we sign Cengiz Under, he'll be a headline writers dream. Guesses on those that will be seen? I'll start us off with:

"Under Suspicion" when he gets caught out diving to try to win a penalty.

"Snowed Under" when pictured wearing gloves and a snood playing for us in wintery conditions.

or even

"Under Milk Wood" when he is photgraphed pushing Chris in the chest against Burnley.
Hopefully 'Underwhelmed' won't be one of them.

players i had never heard of before we signed them: Mahrez, Vardy, Kante, Soyuncu, Castagne, Pereira, Praet.

all great quality players.

no reason to think Under is any lower quality.

Fofana sounds more of a risk purely on him being 19 and unproven at any level. Under has goals at international level and champs lge to show....

When he gets sent off and we've lost five games on the trot, Rodgers will be 'under the cosh'.

Players I’d not heard about before we signed them

Diabate, Kaputska, Ghezzal, Bakayogo, Marco Fuctash, John Paintsil, Michael Lamey, Leon Crnic, Ostrich Ajdarevic, Aman Verma, Hossein Kaebi, Zsolt Lascko, Sergio Hellings, Jimmy Nielsen, Harry Worley

All utter utter shite bastards

No reason to think Under is any higher quality....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363