Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
" We’ve always tried to remain private, and keep between the clubs. There are a number of players we’re interested in. We’ll only ever go public when a deal is done "

" There have been negotiations with the club [Roma] and we’re hopeful there "

So we'll only go public when a deal is done, or when a deal hasn't been done. Got it.
Good.

So if he's shit he's a bad signing and if he's good he's a good signing?

Considered applying for the Soccer Saturday panel?
So making an opinion on two players traits in that Barnes and Gray are lacking technically is implying I am merely making a vanilla statement?
The one thing that Gray and Barnes lack is delivery and before anyone else on here tries to use Barnes chances created stats, you will find that his ability to cross and create chances when given the opportunity is woeful.
This is probably the reason why we as a club are after two or more wingers, I admit as people on here have pointed out, it was Barnes first full season in the prem so he may ( and I do hope he does) improve and have a Stella season this year.

You have also obviously not bothered to read the message I was replying to, it was saying correctly imo, that this lad is in the mould of Gray and Barnes and not Mahrez hence the comment on the ability to control a football, Mahrez is the best player I have seen at our club and I do not think I will see a player as graceful and skillful again.

" We’ve always tried to remain private, and keep between the clubs. There are a number of players we’re interested in. We’ll only ever go public when a deal is done "

" There have been negotiations with the club [Roma] and we’re hopeful there "

So we'll only go public when a deal is done, or when a deal hasn't been done. Got it.

I'm assuming that must mean the Under deal is basically done. Rumours are that everything is agreed and he's had his medical and is now en route to the UK, so presumably it's just a couple of signatures away from being completed and that's why Brendan is okay to talk about that one.

I'm assuming that must mean the Under deal is basically done. Rumours are that everything is agreed and he's had his medical and is now en route to the UK, so presumably it's just a couple of signatures away from being completed and that's why Brendan is okay to talk about that one.

He's still contradicted himself

I like this account.

Interesting, but I think they've compared to our wrong CB.

Everyone assumes Soyuncu is our first choice CB (and Maguire before that). We all know Evans is the first choice.

I suspect whoever comes in is going to be 3rd choice, but if not (Tah might not be) then it will be Soyuncu on the bench.

Everyone assumes Soyuncu is our first choice CB (and Maguire before that). We all know Evans is the first choice.

I suspect whoever comes in is going to be 3rd choice, but if not (Tah might not be) then it will be Soyuncu on the bench.

I view this as a long term replacement for Evans.

I believe that is entirely correct.

Q: Does Demarai Gray have a future at the club?

Rodgers: “Whilst he’s here, he’ll be respected for his quality."

But not for his application, attitude, or hard work.

Q: Does Demarai Gray have a future at the club?

Rodgers: “Whilst he’s here, he’ll be respected for his quality."

But not for his application, attitude, or hard work.
Yeah I don’t think it takes a genius to work out that his future here is done.

Is he? I would say the CB who made the PL team of the year is probably our first choice, especially given some of the errors we saw from Evans towards the end of the season. Evans is a fab defender no doubt but if we had to lose one based on their quality, he'd be the one to go, not Soyuncu.

Is he? I would say the CB who made the PL team of the year is probably our first choice, especially given some of the errors we saw from Evans towards the end of the season. Evans is a fab defender no doubt but if we had to lose one based on their quality, he'd be the one to go, not Soyuncu.
It would be a nice problem to have, whichever way round it would be

I don’t get Demarai Gray. What better option does he have? Are Chelsea, Man City, Spuds, Man U after him? Arsenal perhaps? Liverpool? Even Wolves?

No is the answer, and if he went to any of those clubs he’d be lucky to find his arse pitch side.

Delusions of grandeur perhaps. Careful Demari, you’ll end up eating pie in Burnley.

I think Gray knows Leicester is as good as it gets, which is why his agent spread the nonsense about Spurs being interested, trying to prompt a new contract. Pleased to see we weren't that gullible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566