Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maddison was quoted in saying that moving to Arsenal would improve his career, in the Guardian. I mean, really? How? Why?

He wasn't quoted.

It says "The midfielder, who missed out on England’s squad for Euro 2020, feels that moving to Arsenal would aid his development."
From which we can deduce; it would make his wallet a bit fatter.

Apparently he thinks that playing for Arsenal would bring added stature that would improve his England chances as if it's not all down to work ethic and letting your feet do the talking. Plenty of young English lads currently playing for Arsenal not getting into the England squad... to me this is one of the things I don't like about Maddison, bit of a bad attitude.

I don’t see how Maddison could possibly hold any of the beliefs that have been attributed to him. If he does he simply doesn’t know anything about football, which would be bizarre. If his agent has planted this then why didn’t he fabricate interest from a proper club?

Good player, always been underrated in my opinion.

He doesn’t compare in terms of what Fofana gives up with his playing style but if signing Evans has taught us anything, you can’t put a price on experience and leadership.

Cahill is what we need as backup to Evans, I'm sure.

Cahill and Kabak in to cover could be the right move.

My concern now is that if Fofana and Evans are both out long term, even selling two defenders only gets us back to where we were, and we were already wanting to add an extra centre back anyway as cover with Morgan and Fuchs gone.

Maybe get Vestergaard in? Southampton are selling/releasing everyone who isn't just there to take freekicks. Totally different player obviously but possibly for sale.

I think we will go for two CBs one domestic stop gap and one bigger investment from abroad. Its an absolute shitter but we are going to have to move quick.
from todays squad it also looks clear ghezzal mendy and choudhury are being moved on. which will need to yield some cash for us to be fleeced of for a centre back.
id be looking at lascelles or schar from newcastle personally.

I think we will go for two CBs one domestic stop gap and one bigger investment from abroad. Its an absolute shitter but we are going to have to move quick.
from todays squad it also looks clear ghezzal mendy and choudhury are being moved on. which will need to yield some cash for us to be fleeced of for a centre back.
id be looking at lascelles or schar from newcastle personally.

I've got a feeling if Fofana is season ending, we will have to keep either Mendy or Choudhury to sadly keep the option of moving Ndidi back as an emergency centre back.

We're 3 short if Evans is out too, and there's no way we're going to sign 3 centre backs in the next few weeks.

Unless we prefer to use Benkovic or Nelson as a centre back option.

I really think we need to spring for Tarkowski.

He’d provide experience and quality to the back line and we’ve obviously scouted him closely.

Suspect our plan was to let him see out his last year at Burnley then snap him up. Unfortunately plans change and we may have to pony up the cash.

In the short term I fully expect Ndidi next to Soyuncu with Soumare drafted into the middle.

I really hope the defensive situation doesn't force our hand with Maddison.

Have we got enough in the pot to go and sign a starting centre back without selling?

I'd almost be surprised if we don't sign Cahill now. Cheap experienced backup along with someone else new.

Ake from Man City wouldnt be a bad shout if they are looking to shift players to sign Kane

others i would be surprised arent on a longlist are Zouma, Coady, Tosin, Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566