Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

£15m for Vestegaard?! I thought we'd always been interested in him as a cheap backup option who we could get for next to nothing.

Maybe I'm wrong, but whenever I've seen him play for Southampton I've thought he's pretty shit.

How much would Tarkowski cost?

popillius

£15m for Vestegaard?! I thought we'd always been interested in him as a cheap backup option who we could get for next to nothing.

Maybe I'm wrong, but whenever I've seen him play for Southampton I've thought he's pretty shit.

I've always liked him. No nonsense defender. Not afraid to stick an elbow in now and then. Has a mistake in him bit he'd be a good stop gap for Evans and/or Fofana.

Brown Nose

We've been linked to him for ages. He was fourth choice at Southampton when we were trying to sign him back in January 2020 and it seemed like a very weird choice then.

Two factors though. One is Schmeichel knows him well so must have advocated in his favour and he's used to playing alongside Bertrand. Secondly, he was excellent last season for Southampton. So good that he's been linked to moving to better teams this summer such as Spurs and West Ham.

He's a bit dirty and he's a monster in either area. One of our major concerns last season was set pieces. All in all, I can see the good sense in this.

Brown Nose

Tarkowski would be the best option of those that have been mentioned.

The problem is Dyche. He has utterly refused to consider selling him for anything sensible for years now. Tarkowski is one of the best defenders in the PL. I rate him higher than people like Maguire or Stones for example.

He's completely wasted at Burnley but they need him or they're fecked and staying up is worth a lot more than the money they'd get selling him.

SilverFox

The problem is Dyche. He has utterly refused to consider selling him for anything sensible for years now. Tarkowski is one of the best defenders in the PL. I rate him higher than people like Maguire or Stones for example.

He's completely wasted at Burnley but they need him or they're fecked and staying up is worth a lot more than the money they'd get selling him.
Doesn’t he leave for free next summer?

Feriol

Vestegaard would be a good option. He adds height, strength and experience that we need.

Tarkowski would be too expensive for a player who won't be starting in 6 months. Cahill's fitness is too much of a risk in our current predicament.

popillius

Vestegaard would be a good option. He adds height, strength and experience that we need.

Tarkowski would be too expensive for a player who won't be starting in 6 months. Cahill's fitness is too much of a risk in our current predicament.
If we got Tarkowski, he’d be starting in 6 months. He’s a fantastic defender. He’d be getting Evans’ spot I reckon.

TornadoShaunUK

Not keen on Vestegaard. Tarkowski I would like to see but Burnley will hold us to ransom and we'd have to pay well over the odds. Personally I think we should take advantage of the financial hardship many of Europe's elite are going through right now if it's a possibility to snap up the likes of De Vrij from Inter Milan but I get the need to bring in someone with Premier League experience as well.

sparky79

Im not having two defenders who have been part of 9nil drubbings being put together in our defence for half the season. Bertrand looked decent on saturday and will fit in. Not keen on adding Vestegaard to that mix and expecting us to not ship more goals than last year.
We should be able to attract someone genuinely decent to fill fofanas boots particularly as Evans is also out.

Brown Nose

Im not having two defenders who have been part of 9nil drubbings being put together in our defence for half the season. Bertrand looked decent on saturday and will fit in. Not keen on adding Vestegaard to that mix and expecting us to not ship more goals than last year.
We should be able to attract someone genuinely decent to fill fofanas boots particularly as Evans is also out.

My first response to this post would be to say that Vestergaard didn't play in either 9-0 game.

My second response would be that Bertrand was sent off for a challenge in the build up to our first goal in that 9-0 so he wasn't on the pitch for 8 of them. He did play the whole of the 9-0 against Man Utd when Southampton had two players sent off.

Blaarev

My first response to this post would be to say that Vestergaard didn't play in either 9-0 game.

My second response would be that Bertrand was sent off for a challenge in the build up to our first goal in that 9-0 so he wasn't on the pitch for 8 of them. He did play the whole of the 9-0 against Man Utd when Southampton had two players sent off.
Vestergard played against us but was subbed at HT due to being shit

Graz

If we got Tarkowski, he’d be starting in 6 months. He’s a fantastic defender. He’d be getting Evans’ spot I reckon.

That's why I'd have Tarkowski.

It's a good signing for now, but also succession planning.

As good as we are with succession planning for our young stars, we're not so good at doing with our experienced pros but it's vitally important.

Evans has only got a year or two left - maybe less if these injuries don't go away. Tarkowski would be a good replacement for his experience and leadership in our back line.

Graz

Stefan de Vrij has been offered to us by Mino Raiola apparently.

Not sure what that means - invited to make an offer I guess.

Probably a decent option but no. Let's keep any 'super agents' the **** away from our club.

londonfox

If he’s a good player, and I’ve no idea if he is, I don’t care who his agent is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669