Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sweating on us finding the right gaard.

A great signing for what will ultimately be a fourth choice centre back.

Im not convinced by Vestegaard at all.

I like that he's big, strong and maybe a bit old school. But whenever I've seen him he's crap.
More or less word for word what a lot of us said when we signed Wes Morgan isn't it?

I'm comforted by that.

Just had a nosey at the Saints forum. They seem pretty pleased to get rid of him, mainly as he doesn’t fit in their system.

As their system seems to be concede and get smacked about, I don’t mind that.

Seems slow, but fairly good feet for a big man and solid in the air. Probably a valuable option for a Rodgers back 3 as that is where Vestergaard has played well in the past.

Experienced, yet still to reach his peak and he’ll be confident off the back of a great Euros. Will inevitably drop below Fofana and Evans in the pecking order but happy to have more cover and sign our 4th or 5th choice centre back.

You are assuming Evans will be one of them which may not be the case.

And Fofana isn't back until January at the very, very least.

If we were literally signing him to be a 4th choice then fine. A lot of money for it, but fine.

But he could be playing 20+ games this season

I like it. Whether he turns out to good enough to be a long term first teamer for us is up for debate but he’s someone we’ve obviously wanted for a while. Not just a random loan signing dictated by an agent or convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69