Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vestergaard wouldnt get a game in any of the other top 4candidates is my only problem so i see no reason why he should for us.
That’s a ridiculous mindset; Man Utd and Chelsea wouldn’t sign him so neither should we. We should sign the best player that we can given the situation we find ourselves in. Every club should approach every transfer with this mindset. It’s completely irrelevant whether another club would make the same signing.

I don't know if Vestergaard will be any good or not for us but I'll give him a chance, Bertrand looks decent so far and he also had mixed opinions on here.
What do I know anyway as I fully predicted we would lose the F A cup and charity shield.
Junior Lewis is still the shitest player ever to play for Leicester and that will never be beaten.

Of course it is. Nobody else would have signed Evans, or Mahrez, or Kante, of Daka, or Vardy, or Tielemans or anybody else in a long list. They would now, but they wouldn't when we signed them. We have a history of getting players and showing the rest what they can do.
Absolutely.

Vestergaard is a good age, will be relatively cheap and gives us something we lack; he’s massive and hard.

Of course it is. Nobody else would have signed Evans, or Mahrez, or Kante, of Daka, or Vardy, or Tielemans or anybody else in a long list. They would now, but they wouldn't when we signed them. We have a history of getting players and showing the rest what they can do.
Agreed and that is why we caught everyone napping and we have reaped the success. it is about taking risk the so called big six are too scared to venture into this space and their managers are not given the time and backing by their fans and chairman, BR has that backing.

Our recruiting in large has been highly successful we generally make the correct acquisitions.

More recent signings like Tielemans and Fofana were on the bigger clubs radar when we signed them. We are more likely to take the plunge as the more proven players are out of our price range, and sometimes they will chose us for the better prospect of actually playing regularly.

Evans was literally on everyone's radar the season prior to signing for us, but they wouldn't pay £30m (which we didn't either) and offer him the terms we did. We nipped in after everyone had gone and sorted themselves out with other signings and West Brom had been relegated. He was definitely on Man City, Arsenal and others radar though so it's not like we are some Moneyball like sage's who always spot potential when no one else does.
Daka was scouted by Liverpool constantly alongside us but we've moved first and with more intent because we need him more; they've got Jota, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Elliot. We had more requirement for firepower. They're spending their money on Konate so that they don't suffer the same defensive fate they did last season and they've tied everyone down to longer term contracts who is any good.
For every Mahrez we have a Ghezzal, Musa, Bennett, Diabate, Slimani, Silva, Iborra. In fact you could say that despite the publicity, we get it wrong easily as often as we get it right.

Therefore it's not ridiculous to suggest Vestergaard might not be a great signing.

Evans was literally on everyone's radar the season prior to signing for us, but they wouldn't pay £30m (which we didn't either) and offer him the terms we did. We nipped in after everyone had gone and sorted themselves out with other signings and West Brom had been relegated. He was definitely on Man City, Arsenal and others radar though so it's not like we are some Moneyball like sage's who always spot potential when no one else does.
Daka was scouted by Liverpool constantly alongside us but we've moved first and with more intent because we need him more; they've got Jota, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Elliot. We had more requirement for firepower. They're spending their money on Konate so that they don't suffer the same defensive fate they did last season and they've tied everyone down to longer term contracts who is any good.
For every Mahrez we have a Ghezzal, Musa, Bennett, Diabate, Slimani, Silva, Iborra. In fact you could say that despite the publicity, we get it wrong easily as often as we get it right.

Therefore it's not ridiculous to suggest Vestergaard might not be a great signing.
Mate, of all the things to criticise, our recruitment policy isn't the best....

...May I add, holy flaps.

it's not ridiculous to suggest Vestergaard might not be a great signing.
Of course it isn’t. Any signing might not be a good signing. But it is ridiculous if the only reason to suggest that is because the top four wouldn’t sign him.

Remember when Robert Huth couldn’t get in the Stoke team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69