Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amartey should definitely play Saturday.

Although I've said I'm not keen on Vestergaard, I'm glad we're getting someone in.

And I'm hoping to be surprised by him - after all, the club has clearly had him on the list for a while and obviously think he can do a job. He's not just a panic signing now we've got injuries. It's made us step up and do it and maybe pay more than we'd have liked to, but he's still been through their normal process of recruitment so that gives me some hope for him.

"Liverpool want €15m (£12.7m) to sell Xherdan Shaqiri as Lyon are in talks to sign the winger."

Would have been a good acquisition for us imo we still need a winger before this transfer window ends, if we keep all of our players from last season we will have done brilliantly.

"Liverpool want €15m (£12.7m) to sell Xherdan Shaqiri as Lyon are in talks to sign the winger."

Would have been a good acquisition for us imo we still need a winger before this transfer window ends, if we keep all of our players from last season we will have done brilliantly.
No.

Short, fat little winger. No thanks. Really wouldn't look right standing next to Jannik.

Amartey or Vestergaard against Jimenez? No contest for me.
I take your Jimenez and raise you Vardy, Barnes, Maddison, Tilemans, Ricardo, Bertrand, Daka and Soumare.
If Jimenez touches the ball without his back to goal I'll be surprised.
Bet there isn't a wolves fan with confidence of 3 points well a sober one anyway

He's a good player but doesn't strike me as having much pace, and it's that directness I think Brendan wants on that side to complement Harvey on the other

Shaqiri is a better finisher but other than that I don't see how he's much of an improvement on Albrighton. For 15 million I think we can do better.

Vestegaard is a good signing. Obviously he improves our current team with the injuries, and he improves the squad long term. He is proven in the Premier League so should adapt quickly and It should mean that we don't have to rush Evans or Fofana back which is good. All for a sensible price.

Just hope we can still afford a winger also, but it's going a bit quiet on that...

Evans was literally on everyone's radar the season prior to signing for us, but they wouldn't pay £30m (which we didn't either) and offer him the terms we did. We nipped in after everyone had gone and sorted themselves out with other signings and West Brom had been relegated. He was definitely on Man City, Arsenal and others radar though so it's not like we are some Moneyball like sage's who always spot potential when no one else does.
Daka was scouted by Liverpool constantly alongside us but we've moved first and with more intent because we need him more; they've got Jota, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Elliot. We had more requirement for firepower. They're spending their money on Konate so that they don't suffer the same defensive fate they did last season and they've tied everyone down to longer term contracts who is any good.
For every Mahrez we have a Ghezzal, Musa, Bennett, Diabate, Slimani, Silva, Iborra. In fact you could say that despite the publicity, we get it wrong easily as often as we get it right.

Therefore it's not ridiculous to suggest Vestergaard might not be a great signing.

Happy now?

I'd put him straight in. We're buying him to play in the short term alongside Soyuncu so it would be odd to not do it.

It's not as though he's a stranger to the PL or a couple of his defensive colleagues. If he's assessed as fit enough, he must play.

Amartey or Vestergaard against Jimenez? No contest for me.
Not me. He hasn’t had a pres-season, would be walking straight into a pretty well drilled back four, and Amartey has earned his opportunity.

Further, if we keep a clean sheet against Wolves, I’d stick with Amartey.

Not me. He hasn’t had a pres-season, would be walking straight into a pretty well drilled back four, and Amartey has earned his opportunity.

Further, if we keep a clean sheet against Wolves, I’d stick with Amartey.

Amartey is an accident waiting to happen. He will feck up. Maybe it happens on Saturday, maybe the next game, but he will cost us.

If Vestergaard isn't match fit, we have to play Amartey but we should only be doing it as a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00