Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But working on the monkeys/typewriters principal. If they print enough crap, sooner or later they might stumble across a bit of news.
Pretty much my reason for supporting Leicester for so long. Watch so much crap and sooner or later might win the Premier League or the FA Cup or summat. Never thought that it might work though.

Seems like everywhere is reporting that Liverpool wont make a bid. Hope it's true. Of course, they could just be trying to counter our recent sales strategy.

Sounds good to me, if we can hold on to what we've got a right winger (along with the three other new signings) would make this a good window

I find this bizarre to be honest.

Brendan likes playing three at the back, and we only have three centre backs (plus Benkovic).

We have also lost two of our centre back covers (Morgan and Fuchs).

Even with Ndidi as cover, we’re short if we play three at the back.

I find this bizarre to be honest.

Brendan likes playing three at the back, and we only have three centre backs (plus Benkovic).

We have also lost two of our centre back covers (Morgan and Fuchs).

Even with Ndidi as cover, we’re short if we play three at the back.

If we're prioritising a right winger over a centre back then maybe he plans to go to a back 4 more regularly.

I really hope, after the final games of last season, that the plan isn't that we could use Castagne at centre back more often now that we have 5 full backs.

You are forgetting Amartey though, who has been alright in a back 3 but should not be our first choice replacement.

If we're prioritising a right winger over a centre back then maybe he plans to go to a back 4 more regularly.

I really hope, after the final games of last season, that the plan isn't that we could use Castagne at centre back more often now that we have 5 full backs.

You are forgetting Amartey though, who has been alright in a back 3 but should not be our first choice replacement.
Amartey who didn’t get to play ahead of Ndidi at CB?

I found it quite interesting how often teams at the Euro's when playing a back 3 opted for two conventional centre backs and a defensive full back (England with Maguire, Stones and Walker). This seemed more effective than those that decided to use 3 conventional centre backs.

Wether we have the full backs to make this work I don't know but this may be the direction BR is heading.

Is something going on with Maddison?

Not a word from him on any of his social accounts since preseason started, which is very “off-brand”.

Similarly the club seem to be actively avoiding him in any training photos or messaging despite him being there. Again, he’d be featured normally.

Very possible I’m reading more into it than I should, but something feels a bit off there to me.

Is something going on with Maddison?

Not a word from him on any of his social accounts since preseason started, which is very “off-brand”.

Similarly the club seem to be actively avoiding him in any training photos or messaging despite him being there. Again, he’d be featured normally.

Very possible I’m reading more into it than I should, but something feels a bit off there to me.

Was mentioned in another thread I think, but he's possibly still isolating after his recent trip to Ibiza.

Incredibly unprofessional if true, to have a holiday knowing he won't be ready to start pre-season.

Unless of course the club sanctioned it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566