Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don't really understand where this 'experienced third keeper' trend comes from.

It feels like a made up requirement to be used as a retirement home for keepers.

My concern is that this probably does mean that we're stuck with Ward as our first choice for the foreseeable. I just don't think he's good enough.

Yeah, good point

We now have a preferred Premier League starting 11 that has Danny Ward and Daniel Amartey in it

Says it all, really

We're obviously going to sell Iversen and he'll be 2nd choice. Good enough for us but not for Bournemouth. Joke.
Isn’t it more obvious we’re looking to fill the Jakupovic role? I don’t think we need to but what do I know?

Thank god we've finally brought in a new face. Any club needs new stars who are hungry to perform at the highest level, this should really help our squad's morale.

As an article I read stated, even if we spent net £150 million now and got good players we still aren’t getting closer to the four or so big spenders above us.

map although this isn’t exciting it may be sensible if we invest further in infrastructure to ‘bridge the gap’ in revenue.

We haven’t sold anyone of note (no disrespect to the superb Schmeichel) so that’s great news isn’t it, bar Tielemans, which seems up in the air due to perhaps too many Luke warm performances last season.

I would like us to continue competing fairly (in relation to FFP) even if others are ****ing cheats, I admire how we go about our business as a club, we act with decorum most of the time, and that can’t be levelled at some of the other pond life we sadly compete against.

Thank god we've finally brought in a new face. Any club needs new stars who are hungry to perform at the highest level, this should really help our squad's morale.
Would you prefer us to spend money on more Soumares and Dakas and then fall foul of FFP?

As an article I read stated, even if we spent net £150 million now and got good players we still aren’t getting closer to the four or so big spenders above us.

map although this isn’t exciting it may be sensible if we invest further in infrastructure to ‘bridge the gap’ in revenue.

We haven’t sold anyone of note (no disrespect to the superb Schmeichel) so that’s great news isn’t it, bar Tielemans, which seems up in the air due to perhaps too many Luke warm performances last season.

I would like us to continue competing fairly (in relation to FFP) even if others are ****ing cheats, I admire how we go about our business as a club, we act with decorum most of the time, and that can’t be levelled at some of the other pond life we sadly compete against.
“We haven’t sold anyone of note”

You should be booted from the forum immediately.

Amartey, no I don’t think so.

Ward, yes I’m sure a number of clubs would take him as No. 1.
Ward based on what? I really don’t understand why so many people see a great goalkeeper in there. We’ve had so little evidence.

In twenty games, maybe we can say such things. But not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669