Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an accountant who also worked for Notts County for a number of years. She told me that Sam Allardyce was one of the nicest people she had ever met in football. Colin Wanker, on the other hand, was a piece of shit.

It is a shame that Big Sam finished as he did. He was very successful at a number of clubs, just ask Newcastle fans what they thought about his dismissal, and was very innovative in his training methods and his analysis of what was going on during matches.

His kiss of death was being given the name BIG SAM. From BIG MAL, through BIG RON, that title has always lead to a BIG DOWNFALL. C'mon BIG BREN
Problem is Bren is rather tiny. Tiny Bren? Nah, doesn’t sound good, does it.

just ask Newcastle fans what they thought about his dismissal, and was very innovative in his training methods and his analysis of what was going on during matches.

Did you mean Newcastle? Most were delighted he went. Rumours that he wasn't on good terms with shearer and they got Keegan back for the lolz.

There is a report that says literally, exactly the same thing about Congerton. 'More hits than misses'.
It depends on the source.

Since March 2020 I've been reliably informed by quite a few people that if it's on the BBC or in a national newspaper then it's a deliberate lie perpetrated by evil global conspirators intent on global genocide.

But if it's in a grainy, badly edited Youtube video with undeclared funding presented by a shouty bloke & using graphics with lots of exclamation marks then it's the gospel truth according to Jesus Christ.

Be ever so careful.

I'd be surprised were Arsenal to go for Tielemans; he's too hot and cold. Arteta likes commitment. Youri has coasted most of this season for us and, from what I read, has done so at other clubs when he's had enough.

David Ornstein also covering the Tielemans to Arsenal rumour

I hate losing players to clubs like Arsenal now because over the last few years that's where we've been competing until this season - on the pitch, just not financially.

If he plays for them like he did when he first came in, that would be a great deal for the Arse

Doesn’t look like hell ever play like that again for us, so also would be a great deal for us

They've just booted out their captain for having a strop and not working hard enough, and they want to go for someone who... is having a strop and isn't working hard enough. I don't get it.

They've just booted out their captain for having a strop and not working hard enough, and they want to go for someone who... is having a strop and isn't working hard enough. I don't get it.
What evidence is there he's having a strop?

He's positioned himself for a move via his contract situation. Fair play.

I generally just think he's a bit inconsistent and can have long lean spells.

Homer's right, time for a change anyway. He leaves as a hero for that goal.

What evidence is there he's having a strop?

He's positioned himself for a move via his contract situation. Fair play.

I generally just think he's a bit inconsistent and can have long lean spells.

Homer's right, time for a change anyway. He leaves as a hero for that goal.
He's had rough patches but his current form is ridiculous - he contributes almost nothing and has been directly at fault for many goals we've conceded recently. I assume that's because he's downing tools, which he has a history of doing, and not him periodically forgetting how to play football. I guess they're only going to pay about 25 million for him though so probably worth it on their end.

People have turned on Tielemans like they did Mahrez. When it becomes obvious that a brilliant player sees their future elsewhere, every misplaced pass is massively exaggerated.

Tielemans was terrible yesterday but he's been criticised several times when it hasn't been deserved.

I look at how he's always out there when most haven't been. How he is constantly talking on the pitch. How BR always calls him over to give instructions.

He scored my favourite ever City goal. He added quality to our midfield when it was desperately needed. And he will go on to better things because he's a very good player.

People have turned on Tielemans like they did Mahrez. When it becomes obvious that a brilliant player sees their future elsewhere, every misplaced pass is massively exaggerated.

Tielemans was terrible yesterday but he's been criticised several times when it hasn't been deserved.

I look at how he's always out there when most haven't been. How he is constantly talking on the pitch. How BR always calls him over to give instructions.

He scored my favourite ever City goal. He added quality to our midfield when it was desperately needed. And he will go on to better things because he's a very good player.
We've also overplayed him and ran him into the ground. I struggle to imagine Youri playing deep into his 30's.

I assume that's because he's downing tools
I think what happens is that if someone's heart's no longer really in it then it's hard for them to summon up absolute maximum commitment all the time, and in something as ferociously competitive and physical as top level football that results in performance drop. 'Downing tools' makes it sound like he's doing it deliberately, which I doubt is true. It's just that he can't push himself as hard as when it all felt fresh and great.

I think what happens is that if someone's heart's no longer really in it then it's hard for them to summon up absolute maximum commitment all the time, and in something as ferociously competitive and physical as top level football that results in performance drop. 'Downing tools' makes it sound like he's doing it deliberately, which I doubt is true. It's just that he can't push himself as hard as when it all felt fresh and great.
Plus being a pro footballer is an alternative universe.

All jobs can make you feel like that. I'm sure most of us have been there. The difference is in other jobs you don't get headhunted on the back of a piss poor performance for your current employer & given a huge pay rise because they believe they can turn you around.
Most modern footballers have also come through academy systems since the age of about 9 or 10 so it's the only reality they know. Coasting because you know you're up for a big move is just part of the psyche.

Lucky bastards.

Absolutely this. Yes he has vastly dropped in his levels lately and his mind has obviously been elsewhere. But I have seen him touch the badge and tried to rally the crowd at times and that tells a different story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566