Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather keep all our quality players but, if we have to let one go, Fofana is the best option: he's not the finished article and a wedge of cash allowing other options makes some sense.

Selling Maddison would be my idea of disaster: we should be building our team around him.
Especially if its Newcastle he's sold to that would be a triple kick in the bollox

I would rather keep all our quality players but, if we have to let one go, Fofana is the best option: he's not the finished article and a wedge of cash allowing other options makes some sense.

Selling Maddison would be my idea of disaster: we should be building our team around him.

At this stage of pre season letting either of our 2 best players leave would be a disaster imo.

No goalkeeper
1 genuine decent CB
No other creative advanced midfielder

Would be terrible. Fofana's value isn't going down in the next season and I'd rather have him than our recruitment team spending that money at this stage.

Quite possibly. I don't really give a shit though. We are a PL football team without a goalkeeper.
He is 36 and well beyond his prime. Last season was not his best and I suspect that this season was not going to get any better. Without doubt is a class keeper, a greater leader and Leicester City legend. We must also consider that he was reportedly on over £100,000 per week and we need to lower our wage bill. Sensible move in my opinion, even though its a hard one to take.

Out of those two, I'd probably agree. But those are the two players we should be doing our utmost to keep right now.

The fact that Fofana isn't the finished article yet is scary - he's so good already.

I think right now he's worth around £80m. Keep him this season and he's worth £100m by next summer.

I agree though Maddison is the one to build a team around, and I think he's actually the type of player that would value that over being a bit part player at a Spurs for example. I'm sure that's what Newcastle are trying to promise him too.

Hey Hey,

We NEED to off-load some players - there are plenty of donkeys to move on. Let's do it!

No, we'll sell our good players instead.

Shame. That's the way it is - no-one wants the duffers that are on big money while they're here.

Perhaps we could sell to Chelsea for £90m now but insist he is on loan to us this coming season. That way they save on any increase in his value and save a year's wages?

They need center-halves now, they had an exodus of them at the end of last season. They're a little over the barrel in that they need to buy in this position, so it's possible that we won't be in a better position next season to squeeze them for as much as possible. I'd set the price at £100m, and say we're prepared to take Hudson-Odoi as a makeweight for no more than £30m of that

Last edited:
Small detail, Hudson-Odoi is a very average premier league player.

He's also on over £100k a week and is being bombed out of Chelsea because of his poor attitude which includes returning to training overweight.

Whoever signs him have absolutely no idea what they're doing and definitely nobody competent running their recruitment.

Oh.

Whoever signs him have absolutely no idea what they're doing and definitely nobody competent running their recruitment.

Oh.
Wonder what shirt number he'll have

****ing hell, expected a few weeks but not a few months!

Probably need to add a RB to our wanted list now as I don't think we'll ever be able to rely on, or have pre injury, Ricky P back unfortunately.

Massive shame as he was sublime before his injury.

No new keeper means we are significantly weaker in that position, simple as that and anyone who thinks Ward is as good as Kasper is a ****ing lunatic who shouldn't be on the streets.

Not only is Ward nowhere near as good as Kasper, he also has about 1% of the professional drive and ambition. This is a bloke who is essentially happy to sit on the bench and twiddle his thumbs rather than be a number 1.

Sorry but that is not an acceptable replacement for the highest achieving goalkeeper in our history.

We either replace him or letting Kasper leave was a monumental **** up.
Or he wanted a contract for the next 3 years on more money and we said no, that is not letting him go that is a player saying he is leaving.

Or he wanted a contract for the next 3 years on more money and we said no, that is not letting him go that is a player saying he is leaving.
Is this fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570