Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Seriously though, I hope we sell Maddison and Barnes as soon as possible. Holding out until the last minute to get a bigger fee, like we did with Maguire and Fofana, and then having to scramble to try and buy a replacement would once again not serve us well.

And with Mac Allister going for (allegedly) £35M, I don’t see any chance of us getting £60M for Maddison. Accept a reasonable offer and move on.

He had a buy out in his contract, hence the low fee.

Maddison and Barnes don't have buy outs and we need to get as much money for them as possible.

£60m does seem a little on the steep side though but I believe in the current market, we should hold out for £50m for both of them.

when they talk of him on one side, Bowen on the other, that’s what I wanted to see at our club before Ammers bought Bowen

With the right manager in place to lead him, he would tear the Championship apart

But we'll end up flogging him for him precisely **** all

Maddison is the spursiest player to ever kick a ball.
He has the 7th highest number of assists in the PL this year and scored 10 goals from midfield (a lot of time from out wide) despite starting only 28 games and appearing as a sub in 2 . And of course, all this was achieved despite the fact he was playing with absolute dross either side of him and often in front of him. He's been in the top three or four of these kinds of stat piles for many of the years he's been here including one season when he was near the top of the list for goals and assists combined in all top European leagues.

He's a phenomenal player and certainly one of the best we have had. Spurs could only dream of a player like him.

It will be interesting to see how he does at a new team. Personally i think he’s a terrible winger. He can’t dribble and his only tactic is to kick and run…

He may have scored 13 but he’s only got 2 assists, which is a terrible return.

He can undoubtedly finish, but it would be interesting to see how many were created individually and how many he was put clean through…

Absolutely Agree. He can't really dribble well. His main attribute is his one-twos and his pace. I'd say he's definitely improved with his finishing, but he's got some stuff to work on.

No idea if it’s correct, but if it is, perhaps cut him some slack :102:

Maybe true. No idea. Won't include players who left the PL. Not saying he's a bad player, he's certainly worth a place, but sometimes it's just a bit of a gamble as to how he'll play match-to-match IMHO. One thing's for sure, we'll miss him.

He has the 7th highest number of assists in the PL this year and scored 10 goals from midfield (a lot of time from out wide) despite starting only 28 games and appearing as a sub in 2 . And of course, all this was achieved despite the fact he was playing with absolute dross either side of him and often in front of him. He's been in the top three or four of these kinds of stat piles for many of the years he's been here including one season when he was near the top of the list for goals and assists combined in all top European leagues.

He's a phenomenal player and certainly one of the best we have had. Spurs could only dream of a player like him.

The proof is in the pudding. I'm not sure what puts me off him to be honest.

When he gets the ball, I don't have that belief that something can happen like I do with Maddison or like I did with Mahrez or Tielemans even. I think "Barnes will run at the defender, probably lose it, maybe do a one-two, let's see."

Look, I'd have him for sure and we will definitely miss him. It's a shame as he'd destroy this league. I think we should try our best to keep him.

At this rate it looks like Maddison, Barnes, Ricardo and Castagne are strong contenders to leave.

Add them to Tielemans, Soyuncu, Perez, Mendy, Evans, Amartey and it's too much.

I'd do my all to keep two of either Barnes, Madders, Riccy and Timmy.

The proof is in the pudding. I'm not sure what puts me off him to be honest.

When he gets the ball, I don't have that belief that something can happen like I do with Maddison or like I did with Mahrez or Tielemans even. I think "Barnes will run at the defender, probably lose it, maybe do a one-two, let's see."

Look, I'd have him for sure and we will definitely miss him. It's a shame as he'd destroy this league. I think we should try our best to keep him.

At this rate it looks like Maddison, Barnes, Ricardo and Castagne are strong contenders to leave.

Add them to Tielemans, Soyuncu, Perez, Mendy, Evans, Amartey and it's too much.

I'd do my all to keep two of either Barnes, Madders, Riccy and Timmy.
Erm... I was talking about Maddison....

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464