Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Our players' values have dropped from us being relegated.

I think £15m-20m for Timmy is decent. 15m Euro is a bit lower than that but not awful and we also need to get some of this outward business done so we can start bringing players in.

We don't have the luxury of negotiating fees for our players all summer - which has hindered us before anyway. I'd rather take £2-3m less for players like Castagne so we can get our own business done and also potentially hold out for more for the big ones like Maddison and Barnes

Last edited:
We don't have the luxury of negotiating fees for our players all summer
Yep, the dynamics of our negotiations has changed. Not least because buyers know it. Clubs will know we need to offload (reduce wages) and factor that in to their offers. There's going to be a fine line between getting what we're happy with, what suits our needs and purpose, and not getting lowballed. We really don't hold too many strong cards.

Our players' values have dropped from us being relegated.

I think £15m-20m for Timmy is decent. 15m Euro is a bit lower than that but not awful and we also need to get some of this outward business done so we can start bringing players in.

We don't have the luxury of negotiating fees for our players all summer - which has hindered us before anyway. I'd rather take £2-3m less for players like Castagne so we can get our own business done and also potentially hold out for more for the big ones like Maddison and Barnes

Aye agree with this. Just get em all sold.

Perhaps the club need cash to pay loan debts and wages so €15 million cash up front puts Leicester in a better position to negotiate higher prices for Barnes and Maddison, also it's another wage of the books.

Let's be honest we need a wholesale clear out to start again and he was part of the defence that got us relegated do we really want to get promoted back with the same players, we have Ricardo,JJ,Thomas and Kristiansen so losing a 5th full back makes sense to me especially when we need players in other areas

As long as we don't get totally ripped off I.e. £50m for Madders + Barnes (;)) then I'm cool with taking a bit less than value just to get them big wages off the bill, that'll more than makes up for the lesser fee in our situation.

Perhaps the club need cash to pay loan debts and wages so €15 million cash up front puts Leicester in a better position to negotiate higher prices for Barnes and Maddison, also it's another wage of the books.

Let's be honest we need a wholesale clear out to start again and he was part of the defence that got us relegated do we really want to get promoted back with the same players, we have Ricardo,JJ,Thomas and Kristiansen so losing a 5th full back makes sense to me especially when we need players in other areas
We definitely want to keep him. This is a club that felt it a good idea to buy half the defence that we walloped.

Only problem with that is that Ricardo is finished as a footballer, JJ has the exact same injury so who the **** knows what he'll come back as, Thomas is underwhelming & physically weak. Other than that though we're in fine shape.

Bit boring now. Have we signed anyone yet?
I've heard that some Man City bloke is coming.
Rehad Marezs or something. Never heard of him.

Only problem with that is that Ricardo is finished as a footballer, JJ has the exact same injury so who the **** knows what he'll come back as, Thomas is underwhelming & physically weak. Other than that though we're in fine shape.
Am I the only one thinking that if we sell Barnes we should play Kristiansen at left back and try Thomas on the wing?

Am I the only one thinking that if we sell Barnes we should play Kristiansen at left back and try Thomas on the wing?

Too ****ing right you are

That's absolutely ****ing mental

Going to replace our England international, Premier league regular and consistent goal threat winger with our 4th choice, largely unsuccessful, one-paced left back with one goal to his name.

Belting goal, mind.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464