Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

WOTS is that EM quite likes Patson Daka but Salzburg are due several million when he makes his next appearance for the first team. He's made 74 appearances to date.

If nobody comes in with an offer that makes sense, then expect to see him reintegrated and we'll have to pay up. This may also explain why we're not really being linked with forwards. It may well be a case of, if Iheanacho goes, Daka stays, and vice versa.

It makes a lot more sense financially to sell Iheanacho as he's in his last year and has no amortisation on our books. With three years left on his contract, we still have too much value in Daka, especially if we have to add in the money due if he plays another game.

From a footballing perspective, we don't really know whether EM values Iheanacho higher than Daka due to the issue with him being picked.
I was hoping it was because our manager had tossed him straight into the useless pile.

FoxesTalk/Word on the street is getting very excited about James McAtee based on an emoji!

FoxesTalk/Word on the street is getting very excited about James McAtee based on an emoji!
It’s a bit of guilty pleasure of mine, watching the stages of them getting very excited by a link to a player, then very worried about how long it’s taking before picking over the wreckage of a failed transfer and agreeing that it’s all John Rudkin’s fault and they can each name ten better players anyway.

It’s a bit of guilty pleasure of mine, watching the stages of them getting very excited by a link to a player, then very worried about how long it’s taking before picking over the wreckage of a failed transfer and agreeing that it’s all John Rudkin’s fault and they can each name ten better players anyway.
At least we can all agree on something

McAtee would be an exceptional signing, based on last season, but isn’t he more of a number 10 than a number 8?

Replacing KDH?

Personally, I'd never heard of him until an hour ago. Apparently, it is a permanent deal, not a loan. Lots of Championship sides after him. He was on loan at Preston last season and scored these goals for them:

This appears to be a credible Everton account.

Never heard of him, but he spent the second half of last season on loan at Preston and scored 8 goals in 20 appearances, so not a bad return really.

But going for a striker who hasn't been near a piss poor, low-scoring Everton team shows the gap between even the lower end of the Prem and the Championship doesn't it... Presumably he's just backup rather than someone we want to lead the line.

Personally, I'd never heard of him until an hour ago. Apparently, it is a permanent deal, not a loan. Lots of Championship sides after him. He was on loan at Preston last season and scored these goals for them:

Norwich bid £7m for him earlier this week apparently.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57