Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Finally got hold of the one Everton fan I know well who knows the squad

He says this Tom Canon is complete wank, and they’re looking to offload him to anyone who will have him

So there you have it….

Finally got hold of the one Everton fan I know well who knows the squad

He says this Tom Canon is complete wank, and they’re looking to offload him to anyone who will have him

So there you have it….
I'm sure he knows a lot about Tom after watching three sub appearances. 16 mins in one prem match, 5 mins in a cup appearance and negligible minutes in another prem match.

8 goals in 20 championship matches is a better reflection.

Preston North End fans seem to love him. The is page 15 but a simple scan back shows that they highly rate him. Fast, great finisher, works hard.

I have to say, I'm bricking it when Vardy leaves. Nobody will ever compare to the man, the myth and the legend that is Jamie Vardy.

But it'd be nice to sign a decent striker with some good attributes. Someone who has grown up in England, played through the youth system/lower leagues. Someone who understands the very DNA of the English game.

Our last good striker signing was Vardy. Iheanacho has been ok. Daka, Slimani, Musa etc., all flops. It's about time we found our next striker. Don't expect him to stay for 10 years, but for a few seasons would be nice.

**** knows. Everton have signed 2 strikers this week haven't they ?

So obviously they don't think Cannon is a PL striker. Then again, we're not in the PL.

Plus Everton are probably the worst run club in the PL & regularly fail to work out the old arse / elbow puzzle.

So, yeah, **** knows.

Are we going to sign that Balde bloke instead ?

I might just go to sleep until sunday & then check what happened.

Preston North End fans seem to love him. The is page 15 but a simple scan back shows that they highly rate him. Fast, great finisher, works hard.

I have to say, I'm bricking it when Vardy leaves. Nobody will ever compare to the man, the myth and the legend that is Jamie Vardy.

But it'd be nice to sign a decent striker with some good attributes. Someone who has grown up in England, played through the youth system/lower leagues. Someone who understands the very DNA of the English game.

Our last good striker signing was Vardy. Iheanacho has been ok. Daka, Slimani, Musa etc., all flops. It's about time we found our next striker. Don't expect him to stay for 10 years, but for a few seasons would be nice.
Sorry. Our last good striker signing was Okazaki.

Jannik Vestergaard:

“Our new manager (Enzo Maresca) has a positive style of play with much more possession and it suits my abilities as a distributor from the back. He has a clear philosophy, and much more work is now being done with tactics, which is one of my strengths.

“I feel completely back at my level from our European Championships semi-final at Wembley – or our victory over France in Paris a year ago. My appetite for football is huge, and it is very satisfying to feel that the game is going so well.

“I honestly didn’t think a few months ago that I would be at Leicester now. It was a shock for the club to be relegated and the most important thing is to get back into the Premier League straight away, so we have to play positive football to win all the time and that’s a perfect style of play for me.

“Right now the most important thing for me is to play football again, and with full playing time in the matches, everything quickly clicked into place for me on the pitch, so I feel back in top form.”

That first paragraph is a massive (and totally justified) “**** you” to Rodgers.

I like Vestergaard and hope he stays. The old regime messed him around from day one. And he hasn’t been anywhere near as bad this season as some claim.

Jannik Vestergaard:

“Our new manager (Enzo Maresca) has a positive style of play with much more possession and it suits my abilities as a distributor from the back. He has a clear philosophy, and much more work is now being done with tactics, which is one of my strengths.

“I feel completely back at my level from our European Championships semi-final at Wembley – or our victory over France in Paris a year ago. My appetite for football is huge, and it is very satisfying to feel that the game is going so well.

“I honestly didn’t think a few months ago that I would be at Leicester now. It was a shock for the club to be relegated and the most important thing is to get back into the Premier League straight away, so we have to play positive football to win all the time and that’s a perfect style of play for me.

“Right now the most important thing for me is to play football again, and with full playing time in the matches, everything quickly clicked into place for me on the pitch, so I feel back in top form.”

That first paragraph is a massive (and totally justified) “**** you” to Rodgers.

I like Vestergaard and hope he stays. The old regime messed him around from day one. And he hasn’t been anywhere near as bad this season as some claim.
Strange.

Brendan Rodgers also had a possession-based approach. In fact we had tonnes of the ball under BR. What's the difference?

Strange.

Brendan Rodgers also had a possession-based approach. In fact we had tonnes of the ball under BR. What's the difference?
I think the difference is that now there's a purpose to our possession. We'd play keep-ball under Rodgers and then we'd be the ones tired out by it come 70 mins. And it was passing for the sake of it. I particularly like the comment about how we now focus on tactics. Maresca is a coach. Rodgers makes players worse.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663