Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Yep, certainly going to be our busiest dealing day in a while.

Hopefully 5 out and 2 or 3 in - midfield and striker and I think we could possibly do with another wing back as Ricardo and Justin's recent injury record suggest there is a good chance they will be injured at the same point this season.

I'll honestly be devastated if Danny Ward is still here in 15 hours time.

So we’re looking to get one more in.

If Ndidi or iheanacho leave though, we’ll be looking to replace them too, as they’re more important players.

Watch us wait until 10.57 tonight to sell them two and not be able to replace them :icon rolleyes:

**** knows. Everton have signed 2 strikers this week haven't they ?

So obviously they don't think Cannon is a PL striker. Then again, we're not in the PL.

Plus Everton are probably the worst run club in the PL & regularly fail to work out the old arse / elbow puzzle.

So, yeah, **** knows.

Are we going to sign that Balde bloke instead ?

I might just go to sleep until sunday & then check what happened.
The concern is that Everton have been in dire need of a striker and they are offloading this chap?

Yep, certainly going to be our busiest dealing day in a while.

Hopefully 5 out and 2 or 3 in - midfield and striker and I think we could possibly do with another wing back as Ricardo and Justin's recent injury record suggest there is a good chance they will be injured at the same point this season.

I'll honestly be devastated if Danny Ward is still here in 15 hours time.
I think you need to ready yourself for disappointment. No one is going to take Danny Ward off us.

So we’re looking to get one more in.

If Ndidi or iheanacho leave though, we’ll be looking to replace them too, as they’re more important players.

Watch us wait until 10.57 tonight to sell them two and not be able to replace them :icon rolleyes:
I'm not sure if it's blue mongieness kicking in but we seem a bit more astute with things like this now - as soon as someone had left, we've announced a new signing shortly after.

Hopefully Nacho would only be sanctioned if we have Cannon lined up and similar for Ndidi, maybe McAtee??

You're probably right though and I could see there being a surprise departure or 2, I'm sure if a PL team came in for him then JJ would possibly push for a move for a chance to play in the PL rather than being on the bench in the Championship.

I'm not sure if it's blue mongieness kicking in but we seem a bit more astute with things like this now - as soon as someone had left, we've announced a new signing shortly after.

Hopefully Nacho would only be sanctioned if we have Cannon lined up and similar for Ndidi, maybe McAtee??

You're probably right though and I could see there being a surprise departure or 2, I'm sure if a PL team came in for him then JJ would possibly push for a move for a chance to play in the PL rather than being on the bench in the Championship.
Cannon seems to be the one that there is more talk about, so I’m guessing he’s the one we’re looking to get in regardless of losing Nacho. I would read that as saying that if Nacho or Wilf leave, we’d look to replace them with another player in those positions too.

I honestly don’t think we’d try to replace JJ. He’s not in the team so I think they’d just see him as a less important player (even if I disagree myself). Wilf and Nacho are starting every game, so my guess is that’s who they’re talking about when they say “depending on the calibre of those leaving”.

Just my guess though, probably way out.

All these rumours (drive me) Crazy

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669