Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

That penalty miss against Everton and the back pass against Bournemouth are my lasting memories of Maddison in a Leicester shirt, I know it's not just his fault but those two mistakes alone sent us down whilst he ****s off to another premier League club.
Those two mistakes alone sent us down?

Oh do me a ****ing favour.

I think the fans' reaction to potentially signing Coady and Winks is a sign of how this season will go.

We've become so spoilt by our time in the Prem and the success of the last 10 years, and seeing the talent of the likes of Maddison, Youri, Mahrez, Vardy, etc that it's clearly going to be hard for our fans (myself included) to adjust to the level we're now at.

Coady and Winks should both be very good signings for the Championship. But I think it's hard for us to get excited about them because a year ago we'd have turned our noses up at those deals.

This relegation feels so "sudden" in the sense that it's such a dramatic fall from where we'd been the last few years that it's still hard to adjust to our new reality.

I think it's going to be a long old season with impatient fans very quickly getting on the backs of the manager and players.

That penalty miss against Everton and the back pass against Bournemouth are my lasting memories of Maddison in a Leicester shirt, I know it's not just his fault but those two mistakes alone sent us down whilst he ****s off to another premier League club.
I think that's a harsh perspective. I'd probably say that he could have saved us if he'd not made those mistakes. But footballers make mistakes all the time, particularly in high pressure situations and you could probably pinpoint errors from every player in the squad at some point in the season that "sent us down".

Rank mismanagement sent us down. Not a misplaced pass or missed penalty.

Maddison is a superb footballer, wind your necks in and stop being so petty. Of course he was going to leave!

Be bigger than that people ffs.

The negativity around him comes across like a jealous ex.

Personally, I'd wish Maddison well - although I hate Spurs, so don't really care how he does and hope their tradition of winning nothing continues. But he deserves a warm reception next time he plays against us IMO.

I think the fans' reaction to potentially signing Coady and Winks is a sign of how this season will go.

We've become so spoilt by our time in the Prem and the success of the last 10 years, and seeing the talent of the likes of Maddison, Youri, Mahrez, Vardy, etc that it's clearly going to be hard for our fans (myself included) to adjust to the level we're now at.

Coady and Winks should both be very good signings for the Championship. But I think it's hard for us to get excited about them because a year ago we'd have turned our noses up at those deals.

This relegation feels so "sudden" in the sense that it's such a dramatic fall from where we'd been the last few years that it's still hard to adjust to our new reality.

I think it's going to be a long old season with impatient fans very quickly getting on the backs of the manager and players.

It depends.

We do need some experience in the squad. However we already have quite a lot of that. If players like Vardy and Albrighton are leaving, I'm more inclined to agree to this sort of signing.

However, the point of a total reset is to build something. You don't do that with PL cast-offs. You do it with players on the way up, not the way down.

So that's our 2 fantastic captains from this memorable season on their way.

Madders is a very talented player. This incident will always be my lasting memory, he nicely summed up the attitude of the entire squad with 1 tweet. Hopefully many more follow him out of the door.

20230528_204806.jpg

To say that Maddison was the cause for our relegation is akin to saying all death certificates with “Covid” as the cause is accurate.

Christ, off the top of my head, Ward and Amartey must have cost us nearly 20 points with their ineptitude.

Brendan Ficking Rogers cost us 40 points, the complete ****.

It depends.

We do need some experience in the squad. However we already have quite a lot of that. If players like Vardy and Albrighton are leaving, I'm more inclined to agree to this sort of signing.

However, the point of a total reset is to build something. You don't do that with PL cast-offs. You do it with players on the way up, not the way down.
Vardy isn’t leaving, haven’t you had this confirmed via Dat Streetz Innit?

Maddison is a superb footballer, wind your necks in and stop being so petty. Of course he was going to leave!

Be bigger than that people ffs.
He has shown he has talent, but his overall game leaves a lot to be admired. he's far from a superb footballer.
However, it's all about opinions, and no, I won't wind my neck in, the **** can **** off with anyone else that wants to leave.

To say that Maddison was the cause for our relegation is akin to saying all death certificates with “Covid” as the cause is accurate.

Christ, off the top of my head, Ward and Amartey must have cost us nearly 20 points with their ineptitude.

Nice way to admit to watching Gbeebies News!

It depends.

We lacked experience massively last season.

Admittedly it's some of the younger players likely to leave, but we still don't have any leaders. I wouldn't put Winks as a leader either, but Coady is.

It's also 2 players; Steffen at 28 isn't an old goalkeeper so I think he fits in the middle, and Piroe falls more into the "on the way up" category.

We need everything, experience and players with potential.

Bit weird.

Well, isn't this nice (and rare) to hear...

Tottenham transfer news: Spurs agree £40m deal to sign James Maddison from Leicester. Medical today. Tottenham and Leicester both deserve credit on this: deal agreed amicably and professionals, neither club wanted a transfer saga

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563