Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

We already have a long list of players that won't be ours next summer.

Ndidi, Iheanacho, Vestergaard, Albrighton, Vardy, Praet, Choudhury, Thomas, Doyle, Casadei.

In addition, Akgun is on an optional loan and there will probably be more by the end of the week.

Burnley are learning that getting promoted with a one year squad creates huge issues. Forest survived doing the same thing, as may Burnley, but it's a very dangerous game.

I get the attraction of loans but loans and lots of players with one year on their contract is a bad policy.

For this reason, I want the likes of Ndidi and Iheanacho to go.
Sell all the players with one year left on there contract. It's the clear out we need.

We already have a long list of players that won't be ours next summer.

Ndidi, Iheanacho, Vestergaard, Albrighton, Vardy, Praet, Choudhury, Thomas, Doyle, Casadei.

In addition, Akgun is on an optional loan and there will probably be more by the end of the week.

Burnley are learning that getting promoted with a one year squad creates huge issues. Forest survived doing the same thing, as may Burnley, but it's a very dangerous game.

I get the attraction of loans but loans and lots of players with one year on their contract is a bad policy.

For this reason, I want the likes of Ndidi and Iheanacho to go.
Who’s to say we don’t get promoted and Iheanacho signs a new deal?

I would ideally loan Ndidi for a season with a one year extension, as we did with Choudhury.

If we do get promoted he could be a valuable squad member that does not need replacing.

Needing to buy an almost completely new squad if we do get promoted should be a real concern.

not sure if we can read anything into or not but when some of the players were warming up during the first half last night the crowd gave a rendition of we hate Nottingham and Nacho went and put his arm around Wilf

I would ideally loan Ndidi for a season with a one year extension, as we did with Choudhury.

If we do get promoted he could be a valuable squad member that does not need replacing.

Needing to buy an almost completely new squad if we do get promoted should be a real concern.
Why would he sign an extension?

He might be against it, he might also think that a 3/4 year contract with the tree's is particularly appealing.
There’s just no incentive for him to sign a 1 year deal though. If he wants security, he signs a 3/4 year contract elsewhere. If he wants to maximise his earnings, he waits and leaves for free next summer, or signs a new deal with us at that point, if we go back up.

Fair play to him if he does otherwise, as that would be for our benefit and not his.

He's just not been very good for some time has he. Is he capable of getting back to his peak. I can't see it.

To add, we must have a pretty decent bargaining position. 15 million plus do we think?

Hopefully he puts the same level of performances in for Forest as he did when he helped us to get relegated.

At the start of August last year, we still had the following:

Schmeichel
Amartey
Fofana
Evans
Soyuncu
Castagne
Mendy
Tielemans
Maddison
Barnes
Perez

With more to follow them out the door. Remember how we spent most of last summer incredibly frustrated that nothing was happening.

I’m frustrated we are going to sell a player that’s been involved in every game and look to be lumbered with a bloke, in Soumare, who looks unlikely to ever play for the club again.

Not disagreeing with the Ndidi decision, just painful to see the long term consequences of our mismanagement.

Schmeichel
Amartey
Fofana
Evans
Soyuncu
Castagne
Mendy
Tielemans
Maddison
Barnes
Perez

With more to follow them out the door. Remember how we spent most of last summer incredibly frustrated that nothing was happening.
Ndidi, Thomas, Kristiansen, Soumare, Iversen all possibly on the way. We are starting to get rid aren't we.

I’m frustrated we are going to sell a player that’s been involved in every game and look to be lumbered with a bloke, in Soumare, who looks unlikely to ever play for the club again.

Not disagreeing with the Ndidi decision, just painful to see the long term consequences of our mismanagement.
But that happens at most clubs. You can look across the entire Premiership and find players sat twiddling their thumbs whilst they earn big money.

Schmeichel
Amartey
Fofana
Evans
Soyuncu
Castagne
Mendy
Tielemans
Maddison
Barnes
Perez

Salary wise, at a guess:

Schmeichel £120k PW
Amartey £60k PW
Fofana £80k PW
Evans £100k PW
Soyuncu £60k PW
Castagne £75k PW
Mendy £50k PW
Tielemans £100k PW
Maddison £95k PW
Barnes £80k PW
Perez £65k PW

These are my guesses. Nearly £900k PW or close to £50m pa.

Financially we must be in a much better position than when we had these even with the additions.

Amazing that even after moving so many we still have a pretty long list of players that seem to be stuck. Expensive ones too.

Daka
Soumare
Ward
Iversen
Souttar

There’s very little concrete linking any away.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563