Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans and Amartey is a decent 4, its decision time with Josh Knight too, if Brendan rates him he could be the 5th CB

What is your opinion on Amartey based on?

I've seen him start three games this season and we've conceded 7 goals in them. It's good to see him after two years out injured but he's hardly reliable fitness or performance wise.

I would be moving him on this summer. I've seen no sign whatsoever that he should be our 4th choice central defender. He's not a terrible player but he isn't good enough for us.

What is your opinion on Amartey based on?

I've seen him start three games this season and we've conceded 7 goals in them. It's good to see him after two years out injured but he's hardly reliable fitness or performance wise.

I would be moving him on this summer. I've seen no sign whatsoever that he should be our 4th choice central defender. He's not a terrible player but he isn't good enough for us.

I think he’s a fine squad player. Similar to Mendy.

I think he’s a fine squad player. Similar to Mendy.

Based on what?

He came to us as a defensive midfielder and he showed that he wasn't good enough there. He then played a bit as a right back and showed that he wasn't good enough there either. Now he's a back up central defender if we play a three. I mean he can do a job, but is he any better than someone like Josh Knight? I don't think so.

I really can't see what the point of keeping him is. If you pick our best starting eleven plus seven subs, he's not one of them is he?

Yeah he seems to have looked quite decent at CB this year. Obviously not pushing Evans/Fofana/Soyuncu but can't recall him stinking the place out or looking well off the standard.

Skitzo - you need to let it go with our youth players though, none appear anywhere near our level and not a chance Knight will be good enough coming from the bottom of the Championship.

The loan thread is fantastic work though :038:

Based on what?

He came to us as a defensive midfielder and he showed that he wasn't good enough there. He then played a bit as a right back and showed that he wasn't good enough there either. Now he's a back up central defender if we play a three. I mean he can do a job, but is he any better than someone like Josh Knight? I don't think so.

I really can't see what the point of keeping him is. If you pick our best starting eleven plus seven subs, he's not one of them is he?

9 subs. He can also pay multiple positions in a fix, multiple managers have tried to keep him involved and he’s been unlucky with injuries.

Relatively young, a popular player in the squad.

For me it’s a carbon copy of Mendy.

9 subs. He can also pay multiple positions in a fix, multiple managers have tried to keep him involved and he’s been unlucky with injuries.

Relatively young, a popular player in the squad.

For me it’s a carbon copy of Mendy.
don't worry Brown Nose is too busy thinking we need to replace Kasper, Vardy and Evans this month

I like Amartey as a centre back. Good in the air, calm on the ball, very quick and seems to be a good character.
It's not the talkingballs way he's either shit or brilliant, Under no circumstances are players allowed to grow and improve.

I think Amartey could actually be a good player for Leicester if given a chance

don't worry Brown Nose is too busy thinking we need to replace Kasper, Vardy and Evans this month
He never said that. He said we need to start effectively planning for their replacements. And he’s absolutely bang on. You can’t flog Vardy, Schmeichel and Evans forever.

Amartey has surprised me since his x-tieth comeback from injury. He looked a bit ropey in that previous comeback game where he got a goal (jeez, when/what was that??) but since then, in his recent performances, I have been impressed by his composure. I recall him as being quite unsure and tentative, and it gave me the jitters tbh, but there seemed to be no sign of that in his last few outings. Which, under the circumstances, is reassuring.

I'm not saying we hang on to him but I certainly feel more confident with him than I did before. Maybe if he gets a run-out at Stoke then we can have a proper look.

It's not the talkingballs way he's either shit or brilliant, Under no circumstances are players allowed to grow and improve.

Get it right, they're dog shit. Apparently it's the worst kind.

It's not the talkingballs way he's either shit or brilliant
Not strictly true. He can be both shit AND brilliant. And often on the same day.

Never been a massive fan of Amartey. He looked great last time out. Jury's out for me but I think he could be a very useful CB.

Play him in a few cup games and let's see what happens but he is definitely not a midfielder. He is a CB.

A chance? He's been here five years.

Infact, he joined the same month as Gray. Gray has contributed far more than Amartey and yet the consensus on TB is that Amartey should be kept and everyone can't wait to see the back of Gray.

That makes sense.

A chance? He's been here five years.

Infact, he joined the same month as Gray. Gray has contributed far more than Amartey and yet the consensus on TB is that Amartey should be kept and everyone can't wait to see the back of Gray.

That makes sense.

Gray has no versatility, isn't a good squad option and most importantly cannot even do the basics.

Amartey is indeed a no frills player, however, he does at least know the basics and is reliable without kicking up a fuss.

Every team needs a player like him, simple as that.

Amartey is 4th/5th choice in several positions and is happy to be here and popular players like him are the glue that hold seasons together when others are banned or injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58