Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A chance? He's been here five years.

Infact, he joined the same month as Gray. Gray has contributed far more than Amartey and yet the consensus on TB is that Amartey should be kept and everyone can't wait to see the back of Gray.

That makes sense.
Choudhury has contributed more than Jakupovic. But I think we’d be better off getting rid of Choudhury and I can see the sense in keeping Jakupovic as an experienced third string backup.

Point being; comparing players who play in different positions and (potentially) offer different things to the squad, is meaningless.

Choudhury has contributed more than Jakupovic. But I think we’d be better off getting rid of Choudhury and I can see the sense in keeping Jakupovic as an experienced third string backup.

Point being; comparing players who play in different positions and (potentially) offer different things to the squad, is meaningless.
Choudhury is young and as such will and has made mistakes.

i have to admit (based on **** all), that he makes me nervous as he can be ‘rash’ in the challenge, but to sell him at this point feels wrong.

The gossip seems to be for a loan? I wouldn't want to see him leave, but he won't develop without some games at this level

I think Hamza would benefit from a move.
he would benefit from a hair cut, much like Fellaini, having that hair style makes you stand out so refs see pretty much everything you do and you get a bad rep for not a lot, in his role in the side you want to be as invisible as possible

he would benefit from a hair cut, much like Fellaini, having that hair style makes you stand out so refs see pretty much everything you do and you get a bad rep for not a lot, in his role in the side you want to be as invisible as possible
Huh? His hair has sod all to do with his footballing ability and even less to do with how many fouls are given against him. And can you name one top quality midfielder in the history of the game who was invisible?

:017:

He could also cover up the name and number on the back of his shirt - dead giveaway there too. Bic his head, some jokeshop glasses and a fake nose and he'll be reet.

A chance? He's been here five years.

Infact, he joined the same month as Gray. Gray has contributed far more than Amartey and yet the consensus on TB is that Amartey should be kept and everyone can't wait to see the back of Gray.

That makes sense.
Amartey has been injured a fair bit and in the games he has played he has played OK in the majority.

Gray has been "dog shit" in the majority of games he has played he also hasn't had the injuries.

We will need someone as a back up CB that will be ok especially when Morgan retires, why not just keep Amartey we know he is an acceptable standard is happy to be a squad player, paying millions to replace him makes no sense whatsoever, the only other viable option would be if a youth player can offer what he does and take his place, it would be doubtful if Amartey would attract a transfer fee so we would be given him a free.

Newcastle may have to wait for a response on a loan bid for English midfielder Hamza Choudhury after Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers revealed he will "assess" the 23-year-old's future in the next couple of weeks. (Newcastle Chronicle)

Newcastle may have to wait for a response on a loan bid for English midfielder Hamza Choudhury after Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers revealed he will "assess" the 23-year-old's future in the next couple of weeks. (Newcastle Chronicle)

He's taking him to Chelsea

When Steve Bruce was asked about this yesterday, he said that it was news to him. Now, it may be the shit show that is Newcastle, but I reckon this link is more nonsense. It is likely to be either City or the players agent trying to generate interest (I think the stories about Gray are rubbish too).

I think Choudhury wanted to leave last summer but decided to stay - or there was no interest. I think he had that fall out with BR when he and Chilwell didn't turn up for training last season and things never really recovered.

Then there was that moment in the EL game when Choudhury did some utterly stupid thing and BR and his assistant CD did that look between them which said "what the feckity feck is that feckwit doing now". I knew he was done for here then.

In reality, Choudhury is not a PL player. He might make a career at Championship level but I wonder about him even making that. He cannot pass, his positioning is atrocious and he's liable to make idiotic challenges. Oh, and he doesn't learn/improve.

Our problem is the fact that we handed him a four year deal just over a year ago although interestingly Spotrac report that he's on less money than Luke Thomas which might be a factor in him wanting away.

Hamza is 3rd choice as a DM, As others have said he is a bombscare and offers little.
If we get any serious interest to sell/loan I think we would be foolish to not think about it.

Last edited:
One might want to take into consideration how long Mendy might be in the good books, so to speak. It wasn't so long ago that the consensus seemed to be that he was on his way. I know he's got a contract extension but his stock is good right now. If the club got a decent offer, and Mendy got the chance to play regularly, might both parties be tempted?

I'd prefer Papy over Hamza any day of the week (my adoration of Mendy is documented on this very forum) but I've no idea how long he's good for. Or is it a case of 'bird in the hand'?

the problem with Mendy was always injuries, he was never fit and had an expiring contract, he is now fit and proven himself a more than able deputy for Ndidi, so long as he wants to stay I would keep him, a new contract for him this summer, as he only signed a 2 year deal, is a must as far as I am concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669