Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely unrealistic wishlist, but what a player Neto is for Wolves.

Every time I’ve seen them play he’s been the best player on the pitch.

Under has the ability to be a star for us however we haven't seen a full 90 mins where he has shown what he can do. I still don't think he's fully fit and maybe hasn't adjusted to the way we play and life in the U.K.
Unfortunately when on a seasons loan you don't have the time to settle in... you have to hit the ground running if you want a permanent move.

For me playing Ricardo ahead of Justin would provide a better right side to our line up.

I don't think Under offers enough going backwards. That's why he won't make it here.

Are we looking for someone to keep Soyuncu company? Not speaking the lingo can be pretty darned alienating.

I’ve mentioned it before, but if we’re going to persist with this new kind of flexible back 4/5 formation that we’ve played quite a lot recently (apart from against Palace), then it has to be either Albrighton or Ricardo to be the pivotal point who can both flip between the AMR and RWB roles.

Ünder doesn’t fit into it at all, regardless of how good he may or not be.

I’ve mentioned it before, but if we’re going to persist with this new kind of flexible back 4/5 formation that we’ve played quite a lot recently (apart from against Palace), then it has to be either Albrighton or Ricardo to be the pivotal point who can both flip between the AMR and RWB roles.

I think a player like Under has a place in our squad. We will face far more sides that will sit with 11 players behind the ball and having a player that can cut in off the wing and get a shot at goal will be far more effective than Albrighton crossing from in front of his marker aiming for Vardy who is being man marked.

In essence we need to find a different way of playing to win games and by swapping Albrighton/Ricardo/JJ and Under to suit will only help us.

RWB is easy enough to decipher but AMR?

I think a player like Under has a place in our squad.
Agreed, 'Options off the bench' as they say. Players that can 'change a game'

I might quibble at to whether Under is such a player but any squad needs players "like" that. Time will tell though. IMO, he shows promise and was definitely worth a punt (not least because he's Soyuncu's mate) but I'm not yet convinced he's the one. An improvement on Ghezzal, for sure... but that's hardly a complement. .

Agreed, 'Options off the bench' as they say. Players that can 'change a game'

I might quibble at to whether Under is such a player but any squad needs players "like" that. Time will tell though. IMO, he shows promise and was definitely worth a punt (not least because he's Soyuncu's mate) but I'm not yet convinced he's the one. An improvement on Ghezzal, for sure... but that's hardly a complement. .
Under hasn't done enough to warrant a full transfer yet but he's on a try before you buy so nothing for us to lose.

We will need another CB in the summer with both Morgan and Fuchs likely to move on.

Benkovic clearly a footnote in foxes and fossils.

We will need another CB in the summer with both Morgan and Fuchs likely to move on.

Fofana, Soyuncu, Evans and Amartey is a decent 4, its decision time with Josh Knight too, if Brendan rates him he could be the 5th CB

Coincidently I read exactly that somewhere recently, I just can't remember where. You are (the writer of said article/blog whose name I forget) and I claim my £5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669