Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great? He is so trusted that he's started one PL game for us out of 16 and that was home to Everton where he stank the team out and was hauled off after an hour.

He has come on as a sub and made a really good impact twice. And he's been okay in the EL. I'm hardly desperate to sign him for £20m on that basis though. I expect this summer that there will be a lot better players available for a lot less - Thauvin for one is a much better player. Calhanoglu from that list is also a better option for £20m less.

Under has a lot to do over the next few months to convince anyone to pay serious money for him. This is the second successive season that he's not really featuring for his side.

spot on

It begins. Slimani to ASSE is my favourite. Puel was so impressed with him here that he used him in no fewer than six league games — even started him once! I bet he’s ringing his boss every half hour to make that happen.

I thought the issue with Slimani was his wages. I thought (and we know what he did) the club were prepared to take the hit on the transfer fee but that he wouldn't agree to take a pay cut.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...tre-big-4848742.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Islam Slimani could finally end his Leicester City nightmare in the January transfer window as the forward continues to attract interest from France, Italy and England.

West Brom, Lyon, St Etienne and Italian Serie B side Salernitana have all been linked with the striker who returned from a profitable loan spell with Monaco last year.

Slimani's first-team chances have become increasingly remote under boss Brendan Rodgers and it is now expected he will leave the club this month as he attempts to revive his career.

Earlier this month Le10 Sport reported how former Foxes boss Claude Puel is keen on signing Slimani aas they look to bolster their attack.

But despite selling Wesley Fofana to Leicesterfor £30m in the last transfer window, it is claimed St Etienne will need to sell before they can buy.
Slimani is free to leave the King Power at the end of this season when his current deal expires, but St Etienne's hopes of signing him will hinge upon whether they can strike a loan deal.

It is claimed that Slimani earns more than £2m a year at the Foxes which is a figure that most French clubs outside of Paris St Germain cannot meet.

A number of Middle Eastern sides are also reportedly tracking Slimani and crucially would have no problem in matching his current wages.

Slimani fell out of favour 18 months into his five-year City contract but was handed a second chance by Rodgers who said in October that he believed he had something to offer, given his form in France last season.

Slimani scored nine goals and provided seven assists in 18 Ligue 1 games with Monaco.

He's on more than double that.

If we could ship out Slimani and Gray this window, then maybe that would free up enough to bring someone in?

Am I dreaming if I think we could do Slimani and Gray out, Diego Costa in?

Probably even the first half is too much to hope for!

If we could ship out Slimani and Gray this window, then maybe that would free up enough to bring someone in?

Jesus wept

Diego Costa has been quite poor at Atleti because injuries have taken their toll stay well clear of him

****ing hell

Costa =\ wouldn't mind Giroud in the squad though. Pretty underrated these days. Would be good to have another striker other than Vardy who is at least competent.

Is Lookman on a season long loan to Fulham? Id be chucking good money at him if not and seeing if RB Leipzig want Gray as part of the deal...perfect for us alongside Barnes and Vardy. That front 3 would rival liverpools

Is Lookman on a season long loan to Fulham? Id be chucking good money at him if not and seeing if RB Leipzig want Gray as part of the deal...perfect for us alongside Barnes and Vardy. That front 3 would rival liverpools
I mean, that’s some claim!

No it wouldn’t

I too like Giroud and could see a role for him in our squad. I like his attitude too, I reckon he'd fit. It'll not happen though. Wages aside, I think he wants more game time and I don't think we could guarantee that.

Costa though, no, that's not dreaming that's nightmare scenario!

Please stop talking about Costa coming here.

The hysteria in this thread is already at fever pitch.

BR rings up Giroud/Costa:

BR "I'm really excited to see you playing for me. You have a great personality and mentality and I want it badly."

G/C "Sure thing Mr. Rodgers. Sounds very interesting to me. I need to play regular football as I haven't been doing so, can you guarantee this to me?"

BR "Well now, guarantee is a strong word. I have a striker that plays every major game no matter what and I only play one striker. However, I do love your personality and character so I'd massage your ego loads when we sit on the bench together"

G/C "Why is that a better deal for me than the one I've already got/just had?"

BR "We've got a lovely new training ground with a swimming pool. You can have your own bedroom there. Take this card for seagraveladyboys.com. They guarantee you a great time, you just need to ask for homer."

G/C "Hmm. That does appeal. Tell me, I will need £150k a week and a £3m signing on fee to sit on your bench and take advantage of your facilities. Is this okay?"

BR "Sure, sure. We have a couple of guys called Islam and Demarai who are going to leave in January because it will be financially advantageous to us but not them. Nobody wants either of them but our new training ground has a plastic surgery facility so I'm thinking of getting them done up to look like actual footballers. That will free up nearly all the money needed".

G/C "Okay Mr. Rodgers that sounds like a deal. I will come to your club and not play but make a fortune and use all your facilities. Oh, by the way, can my brother and his family have rooms at the training ground too?"

BR "Well, they are only supposed to be for the players to use. However, as we have given one to our back up keeper Jakupovic and nobody knows what he even looks like, I'm sure I can change the name on the door to your brothers".

G/C "And can you teach my cousins friend to swim please as part of the deal?"

BR "Of course, I will. As long as he has a great personality and mentality, I can do anything".

G/C "Then you got yourself a deal Mr. Rodgers".

The hysteria in this thread is already at fever pitch.

It's what the thread is for, no?

But "hysteria", "fever pitch"? Come on. A tad of an overstatement methinks.

Besides, whilst I personally have explicitly said that I don't see Giroud signing for us, I don't read anyone else's discussion as anything other than a kind of wishful thinking. As I said, what this thread is for IMO.

Great? He is so trusted that he's started one PL game for us out of 16 and that was home to Everton where he stank the team out and was hauled off after an hour.

He has come on as a sub and made a really good impact twice. And he's been okay in the EL. I'm hardly desperate to sign him for £20m on that basis though. I expect this summer that there will be a lot better players available for a lot less - Thauvin for one is a much better player. Calhanoglu from that list is also a better option for £20m less.

Under has a lot to do over the next few months to convince anyone to pay serious money for him. This is the second successive season that he's not really featuring for his side.
Yes. Great. He has had impact when on as a substitute which is more than can be said for the likes of Praet, Choudhury, Gray or Iheanacho most of the time. He's looked lively and he should have started more games.

I am assuming this is the same Thauvin that Newcastle signed for £15m and binned off a year later because he was useless? I don't know whether he'd be any good for us but I couldn't possibly say he'd be better than Under and neither could you.

You can disagree, but that doesn't make it a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669