Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit out of date with Jonny Evans but an interesting list nonetheless. I would love to see us go for Olivier Geroud.
1FC2C98F-576E-4FAC-A947-2382EEE8FEFA.png

Some enticing names on that list (personally, I like Draxler) but given the clubs they're at (for the most part) , I reckon wages would be the issue.

I don't think we'll be signing anyone.

Infact, I'd be quite happy to not sign anyone and have a fully fit squad for the new year.
I don't think we will sign anyone either. I can't be happy about that though of we don't, top four is out of the question unless we get extremely lucky with injuries.

A bit out of date with Jonny Evans but an interesting list nonetheless. I would love to see us go for Olivier Geroud.
View attachment 15690

We've been linked to Florian Thauvin fairly consistently over the last couple of years.

Interesting to see his contract is running out - be interesting to see if we finally bring him in. Could he be affordable in January?

We've been linked to Florian Thauvin fairly consistently over the last couple of years.

Interesting to see his contract is running out - be interesting to see if we finally bring him in. Could he be affordable in January?

There will be a queue of suitors for him on a freebie this summer but I'm pretty sure we'll have a good go.

To be honest, Under hasn't really delivered so far so that remains a position we have to prioritise. As it stands, I wouldn't be expecting us to make the Under deal permanent.

facebook_1609514527389_6750793220289236569.jpg

Please tell me we haven't really offered him a new deal!

There will be a queue of suitors for him on a freebie this summer but I'm pretty sure we'll have a good go.

To be honest, Under hasn't really delivered so far so that remains a position we have to prioritise. As it stands, I wouldn't be expecting us to make the Under deal permanent.
I think Under has been great almost every time we have seen him. He is exactly the type of player we are missing; who can come on (or in) and make things happen. I think he has been under-used.

I think Under has been great almost every time we have seen him. He is exactly the type of player we are missing; who can come on (or in) and make things happen. I think he has been under-used.
It's under-üsed.

Great? He is so trusted that he's started one PL game for us out of 16 and that was home to Everton where he stank the team out and was hauled off after an hour.

He has come on as a sub and made a really good impact twice. And he's been okay in the EL. I'm hardly desperate to sign him for £20m on that basis though. I expect this summer that there will be a lot better players available for a lot less - Thauvin for one is a much better player. Calhanoglu from that list is also a better option for £20m less.

Under has a lot to do over the next few months to convince anyone to pay serious money for him. This is the second successive season that he's not really featuring for his side.

Great? He is so trusted that he's started one PL game for us out of 16 and that was home to Everton where he stank the team out and was hauled off after an hour.

He has come on as a sub and made a really good impact twice. And he's been okay in the EL. I'm hardly desperate to sign him for £20m on that basis though. I expect this summer that there will be a lot better players available for a lot less - Thauvin for one is a much better player. Calhanoglu from that list is also a better option for £20m less.

Under has a lot to do over the next few months to convince anyone to pay serious money for him. This is the second successive season that he's not really featuring for his side.

I'm with you.

I think he's okay, still has the potential to push on the rest of this season and make a bigger impact, but so far he hasn't really delivered.

I'd say so far he's pretty similar to what we've seen from Gray before - looks lively, can run well with the ball, but makes poor decisions and hasn't had much end product.

He could definitely improve still and make an impact this season, but so far I agree that we haven't really seen enough to suggest he's worth a permanent deal. We also need some real quality in that position still that demands to be a starter, and Ünder isn't that yet. So I agree its still a priority position.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...tre-big-4848742.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Islam Slimani could finally end his Leicester City nightmare in the January transfer window as the forward continues to attract interest from France, Italy and England.

West Brom, Lyon, St Etienne and Italian Serie B side Salernitana have all been linked with the striker who returned from a profitable loan spell with Monaco last year.

Slimani's first-team chances have become increasingly remote under boss Brendan Rodgers and it is now expected he will leave the club this month as he attempts to revive his career.

Earlier this month Le10 Sport reported how former Foxes boss Claude Puel is keen on signing Slimani aas they look to bolster their attack.

But despite selling Wesley Fofana to Leicesterfor £30m in the last transfer window, it is claimed St Etienne will need to sell before they can buy.
Slimani is free to leave the King Power at the end of this season when his current deal expires, but St Etienne's hopes of signing him will hinge upon whether they can strike a loan deal.

It is claimed that Slimani earns more than £2m a year at the Foxes which is a figure that most French clubs outside of Paris St Germain cannot meet.

A number of Middle Eastern sides are also reportedly tracking Slimani and crucially would have no problem in matching his current wages.

Slimani fell out of favour 18 months into his five-year City contract but was handed a second chance by Rodgers who said in October that he believed he had something to offer, given his form in France last season.

Slimani scored nine goals and provided seven assists in 18 Ligue 1 games with Monaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669