Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the name before but had no idea we had Nani's cousin.

Seems pretty mad that we'd have a 19 year old who's been nowhere near our first team and yet is wanted by Barcelona and yet we haven't tried to renew his contract. Has he got a new agent who's trying to get him some interest?
he was on the bench in a EL game this season, we have been trying to renew his contract but he's been frustrated at lack of progress from what I've read elsewhere

This is going to be the next young player that we lose because the gap between the U23s and the first team is too big.
another reason to remove Beaglehole, but he's mates with Rudkin so won't happen, but the coach of the U23's needs to favour the same style as the first team and Beaglehole doesn't. Get him training with the first team play him in the cup and convince him to sign a new contract, offer a loan if he wants that too.

As for Dewsbury-Hall he is excelling in the Championship and will be in our first team squad next season IMO, could it have happened sooner? probably

Why hasn't he gone out on loan then? Some of our players have done so in the past, at that age (Chilwell, Barnes, for example).

Why hasn't he gone out on loan then? Some of our players have done so in the past, at that age (Chilwell, Barnes, for example).
we didn't let Dewsbury-Hall or Muskwe go on loan last season, he has apparently wanted to and we wouldn't do it.

Rudkin is still academy director, which IMO needs to be changed it is a specific role that needs a dedicated person in it with only that as their focus.

I've said this before but for years Beaglehole has kept players here who should have been released our out on loan to try and win PL2 which is pointless, of all the youth players we released last summer most haven't found a club yet they were here clogging up our system. Taveres was stuck in the U18s which he had outgrown because KDH was still here instead of on loan for example.

Barnes was once called back from a loan, Barnsley I think could have been MK Dons, barely played for the first team because they wanted to win PL2.

Unless the first team manager takes a specific interest in a players development its left to Beaglehole who stylistically is more Pulis like then anything like our first team

He's refused to sign a contract because he realised that you stew at City for years before getting a chance.

See Dewsbury-Hall age 23 and still 'one for the future'.

So we're stuffed. He is a real talent.

The Sun article says we've made no attempts to renew his contract yet.

Now not saying they can't be wrong, but what makes you think he's refused to sign?

The Sun article says we've made no attempts to renew his contract yet.

Now not saying they can't be wrong, but what makes you think he's refused to sign?
I've read elsewhere from people knowledgeable about our academy that he has turned down contracts due to lack of progression through the system

we didn't let Dewsbury-Hall or Muskwe go on loan last season, he has apparently wanted to and we wouldn't do it.

Rudkin is still academy director, which IMO needs to be changed it is a specific role that needs a dedicated person in it with only that as their focus.

I've said this before but for years Beaglehole has kept players here who should have been released our out on loan to try and win PL2 which is pointless, of all the youth players we released last summer most haven't found a club yet they were here clogging up our system. Taveres was stuck in the U18s which he had outgrown because KDH was still here instead of on loan for example.

Barnes was once called back from a loan, Barnsley I think could have been MK Dons, barely played for the first team because they wanted to win PL2.

Unless the first team manager takes a specific interest in a players development its left to Beaglehole who stylistically is more Pulis like then anything like our first team
I guess I should have phrased my question differently. Chilwell and Barnes have both gone out on loan, when they were that age (as did Choudhury). They went on to become regular first team players, which suggests they were considered good enough. Is this lad just not considered good enough? Are KDH and Muskwe just not good enough? They may well go on to become decent Championship players, for example, but we're not looking for players at that level, we're looking for players at a higher level.

The Beaglehole stuff I have no idea about and I don't particularly worry about, as the best players at most of the top clubs are out on loan, as they should be, getting first team experience. I don't really see the point of the U23s, other than providing a chance for players returning from injury, or those not regularly in the forst team, a chance to get minutes under their belts.

Is it that we've ****ed up with him and he is that good, or is it just that he's not as good as he thinks he is, hence why he hasn't been out on loan?

I guess I should have phrased my question differently. Chilwell and Barnes have both gone out on loan, when they were that age (as did Choudhury). They went on to become regular first team players, which suggests they were considered good enough. Is this lad just not considered good enough? Are KDH and Muskwe just not good enough? They may well go on to become decent Championship players, for example, but we're not looking for players at that level, we're looking for players at a higher level.

The Beaglehole stuff I have no idea about and I don't particularly worry about, as the best players at most of the top clubs are out on loan, as they should be, getting first team experience. I don't really see the point of the U23s, other than providing a chance for players returning from injury, or those not regularly in the forst team, a chance to get minutes under their belts.

Is it that we've ****ed up with him and he is that good, or is it just that he's not as good as he thinks he is, hence why he hasn't been out on loan?
Chilwell was fast tracked and first team mangers were directly involved with his development, Puel was involved with Barnes going on loan too

we generally won't loan players out unless they sign a new contract, good business, but if you are also stopping their progression by not loaning other players out you create a problem if the player is clearly frustrated by still being in the U18s
If we were going to sign a left sided full back, wing back then I would prefer it if we went after Rico Henry from Brentford.
its a strange one but maybe we want him as an attacking midfielder, especially if we want him to play wide in the 3

Chilwell was fast tracked and first team mangers were directly involved with his development, Puel was involved with Barnes going on loan too

we generally won't loan players out unless they sign a new contract, good business, but if you are also stopping their progression by not loaning other players out you create a problem if the player is clearly frustrated by still being in the U18s
In which case, is he just not good enough then? If he's not getting the attention of the first team manager, doesn't that suggest something?

In which case, is he just not good enough then? If he's not getting the attention of the first team manager, doesn't that suggest something?
the first team manager doesn't always watch youth players below the u23s, simply not enough time in the day, he may not be good enough but if Barcelona are sniffing around he obviously has talent.

Luke Thomas for instance became a regular in the U23s due to injuries, caught Rodgers eye and is now a first teamer, Taveres never got that chance which was his frustration, KDH, Wright, Hulme and others were all here instead of on loan

the first team manager doesn't always watch youth players below the u23s, simply not enough time in the day, he may not be good enough but if Barcelona are sniffing around he obviously has talent.

Luke Thomas for instance became a regular in the U23s due to injuries, caught Rodgers eye and is now a first teamer, Taveres never got that chance which was his frustration, KDH, Wright, Hulme and others were all here instead of on loan
If he's that good, there is always enough time in the day. He may turn out to be the next Messi (or Nani), but there's nothing that has been said so far that suggests he's all that.

To quote the article "He has been a stand-out in the U23s qualification to the second round of the EFL Trophy, including a stunning free-kick away to Grimsby Town in November." If that's the most impressive thing on his CV, I'm not sure this is as cut and dried as is being made out.

Skitzo Skitzo I'm not dismissing your issues with Beaglehole, by the way. As I say, I don't know anything about it and it doesn't particularly interest me. I'm just commenting on the story about this kid, as it doesn't seem to make sense to me.

you're point about this being his highlights so far would also be his points, the club haven't given him the opportunity to do more, he is the latest if several players that were stuck in the U18's to be unhappy, all with the same issue

If he's that good, there is always enough time in the day. He may turn out to be the next Messi (or Nani), but there's nothing that has been said so far that suggests he's all that.

To quote the article "He has been a stand-out in the U23s qualification to the second round of the EFL Trophy, including a stunning free-kick away to Grimsby Town in November." If that's the most impressive thing on his CV, I'm not sure this is as cut and dried as is being made out.
Clearly it’s not though.

N A N I

C O U S I N

you're point about this being his highlights so far would also be his points, the club haven't given him the opportunity to do more, he is the latest if several players that were stuck in the U18's to be unhappy, all with the same issue
As I say, maybe he’s just not that good :102:

Jakupovic being linked with a loan to Preston North End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572