Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2021/22 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thai kings in Germany is part of the ride. Real fairground entertainment!

Can we expand this intrigue and suggest KP know exactly which military palms to grease to ensure continued business?

Can't wait for the film!

I’m with you. I think we’re nosediving towards being a Championship club with the best training ground in the country. It won’t be this season, may not be next season, but i can see it happening in the not too distant future.

The spine of our team will soon be retiring.
Three of our top players aren’t renewing contracts.
The likes of Maddison et al won’t want to be playing midtable football.
Our owners seem to not have a pot to piss in nowadays.
Recruitment is a ****ing shambles.
We’ve got a manager who’ll be out as soon as a bigger club flutters their eyelashes at him.
Our medical department is a disaster.

Maybe I’m being over dramatic, but I’m struggling to see any positives at the minute. We’re definitely a club in decline.

A decline from a PL title, an FA Cup, 1 CL season, 2 Europa Seasons and some solid league finished in 6-7 years. I think there was always bound to be some stability seasons and some decline, we ****ing did unbelievable things.

I think you're being over dramatic. This is all on the premise of no intervention from leadership. I for one don't think in million years that Top will not invest in the squad, management etc. We just need to make smart managerial appointments and recruit well. Both of which we've done pretty well at since KP took over.

I agree, we need to make good decisions, recruit well etc but I'm not worried about that. We do need to get rid of Congerton and sort the medical shit out though.

Don't rule it out. The Thai king is very unpopular at the moment and mostly lives in Germany in what seems to be quite an odd arrangement.

They quite frequently have governments being ousted by the military and it was only 2010 when the military was firing on its own people in the red shirts movement.

So I wouldn't exactly say it's implausible.
Okay. I'll stick with improbable.

When we say 'they have fingers in many pies', we mean that there's a hefty kickback to the people granting their license right? Does it not occur that someone else, especially someone closer to a new regime, could give a bigger kickback?

When we say 'they have fingers in many pies', we mean that there's a hefty kickback to the people granting their license right? Does it not occur that someone else, especially someone closer to a new regime, could give a bigger kickback?
Or a massive lizard could destroy the whole of Thailand and its financial district.

Like I say, worrying about the massively improbable is ludicrous. Just enjoy the ride.

Or a massive lizard could destroy the whole of Thailand and its financial district.

Like I say, worrying about the massively improbable is ludicrous. Just enjoy the ride.
Maybe, I'm not sure that Gojira events are quite as likely as someone doing the same thing that the KP crowd did to the last guy though

There's actually worrying about something and there is discussing it on a football forum.

I'm concerned the attention of our top brass is missing at the moment, I can't actually prove it but we just feel a little bit leaderless Imo.

Sky Sources reporting that correspondence between his agent and the club has been leaked.

059D8E1D-5CA3-4D0C-9A2A-D33F94F0A3AE.jpeg

I personally think the expansion is an extremely risky and therefore unwise move.

I agree. Unless Top is prepared to right off the money the club owes him (circa. £150m), we clearly cannot afford it.

In addition, they've poured money into OHL - five years since they bought the club and we have feck all to show for it, and the LCFC Women's team - lost the ability to sell off Belvoir Drive as well as the investment going professional required.

Villa have signed Calum Chambers from Arsenal on a free transfer, couldn't be worse than Vestergaard, surprised we never went in for him

Villa have signed Calum Chambers from Arsenal on a free transfer, couldn't be worse than Vestergaard, surprised we never went in for him
He's been shit for years. It'd be another Bertrand type buy, that one.

He's definitely no worse than vestergaard since the leg lobotomy. Phil Jones wouldn't be the worst shout as a stop gap. He came back and did well after 2 yrs out. Tomori or Smalling would be decent choices too in the under £20m mould

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566